Game Emporium strikes again!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:44 am 

SWEEET!  Ok, based on better, stronger, faster and smarter people in on the action, I'm stopping my contacting of negabombed bidders so I don't muck up something.

Let the lawyers do something GOOD (for once... :lol: ).

Anyone want to roadtrip to VA and pee on his lawn just to make sure we have all the bases covered? :)

-------------------------------------------------

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:26 am 

Dear All,

Much as I would like to continue bashing GE, in all fairness, I have to mention that I actually GOT my item the other day.......about 6 weeks after winning it.

I had already left negative feedback, which I still feel is justified, but LATE product is far less evil than NO product.

Fair balance and all that, the guy should not be selling more than he can ship in a reasonable period.  Dufus.

Ben Waxman
virgin newbie bottomdwelling collector

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:14 pm 

benwax Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: I can't believe I finally got product from Games Emporium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

Much as I would like to continue bashing GE, in all fairness, I have to mention that I actually GOT my item the other day.......about 6 weeks after winning it.

I had already left negative feedback, which I still feel is justified, but LATE product is far less evil than NO product.

Fair balance and all that, the guy should not be selling more than he can ship in a reasonable period. Dufus.

Ben Waxman

virgin newbie bottomdwelling collector

I agree, he seems, for the most part, to get the items to the buyers, but the biggest complaint is the wait time.  If he wasn't so obviously greedy he would stop listing and catch up on completed auctions.  He is in over his head and is unwilling to admit it and take steps to fix it.

(although he only has 2 items up right now, so maybe he is taking this step to square things away)

Ecthelion

Let me tell you something ass-eyes, let me tell you ALL something: war has made me very PARANOID! and when you get to eye-balling me, makes my Agent Orange act up, makes me want to KILL!

Take time and visit Zeitgeistgames.com

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:25 pm 

Having waited over three months for my stuff from TGE, I tried phoning him and got some odd guy who said he was his brother. Anyone else here had any experience of ringing him directly? Am I being mucked about or was that really his brother?

Mark

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:15 pm 

In order of likelihood, I'd say:

1) him

2) one of his other personalities

3) his brother

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:47 pm 

Well whoever it was, he's at 90.5% feedback, with 69 negatives received in the last month alone.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:45 am 

Down to 89.7% and the same two BIN items for sale.  Is this the end of the_ripoff_emporium?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:54 am 

muaddib5 wrote:Down to 89.7% and the same two BIN items for sale.  Is this the end of the_ripoff_emporium?

He's winding down and will start a new ripoff anytime now.  Suggestions for new names: The Eastern Emporium, or Treasure Game Chest.

What a piece of fucking filth.

Mike B.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:17 pm 

Foe those of you still waiting for stuff from the Game Emporium, try phoning Jason and Sarah on 540-616-6762. Chances are you'll get Sarah as Jason is at college I was told. She tells me that she'll be checking on my items and they will be posted soon and that she will email me a tracking number for the goods.

Mark

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:27 pm 

MrFlibble wrote:Foe those of you still waiting for stuff from the Game Emporium, try phoning Jason and Sarah on 540-616-6762. Chances are you'll get Sarah as Jason is at college I was told. She tells me that she'll be checking on my items and they will be posted soon and that she will email me a tracking number for the goods.

Hopefully "Jason at college" is taking business management courses.  Games Vomitorium just posted it's 99th negative (unique buyers; they have over 200 in all).  Congrats!  Maybe they can celebrate by actually sending out an order; only six of their last 25 feedback is positive (and five were to the same person). If you haven't gotten your stuff already, I don't think you will, it looks like they have stopped sending anything and are going to disappear and pop up again with a new name in a few months.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:17 am 

Greetings!  I am a newbie to this site. I just thought I was a savy eBayer and  collector until I started reading the posts of this august body.  This is my first posting and an inauspicious start it will be.  I too have been burned by The Game Crematorium.  I gave up trying as it was only a few bucks for a Traveler module.  I spoke to a woman, presumably Sarah, who gave me the following number to reach Jason, 276-228-8217.  I never got an answer.  Like everyone else my e-mails either bounced or went unanswered.  A couple of other eBayers contacted me.  In addition to the report filed with the FBI a complaint has been lodged with a fraud unit in the state of Virginia.  I was made aware of http://www.ebayersthatsuck.com and took my shot at James/Jason/whoever.  I encourage everyone else to do the same.  If this guy shows up on eBay under a different name I am going to have some fun with him, since eBay is incapable of policing obvious fraud or negligence and profitting from it as well.  The silver lining is I found this forum and had a good laugh.  May all of you experience good cube tactics.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:21 am 

Finally someone who does the right thing. It is great news that this whole issue is now handled by the FBI.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:11 pm 

Badmike wrote:Hopefully "Jason at college" is taking business management courses.  Games Vomitorium just posted it's 99th negative (unique buyers; they have over 200 in all).  Congrats!  Maybe they can celebrate by actually sending out an order; only six of their last 25 feedback is positive (and five were to the same person). If you haven't gotten your stuff already, I don't think you will, it looks like they have stopped sending anything and are going to disappear and pop up again with a new name in a few months.

Mike B.

As of an hour ago, ONE positive out of their last 25 feedbacks.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:15 pm 

"no longer a registered user"...

"Is it secret; is it safe?"

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:13 am 

Badmike wrote:Hopefully "Jason at college" is taking business management courses.  

Make that criminal law.  It will come in handy sooner.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:47 am 

That dude (TGE) is like fungus... he'll be back.

We need to watch for some of his 'tells' (ie, posting style, retaliatory negs, etc..)

Good Riddance.

What's weird though, is it does seem that he HAS this stuff to sell.  I mean, his pics look original and all.  I would think a fraudster of his type would just have 'stock' pics and actually not have the items.

It's just weird.  Glad he's gone.

-------------------------------------------------

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:07 am 

Oh well, the Game Emporium is no longer a registered user of Ebay.

Mark

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:04 pm 

And there was much rejoicing in the heavens ...

Let's be sure to keep a lookout for any_suspicious_members that seem to hold to the same template.

I can hear it now ...

"Don't understand - told you before?  Seller ID is new?  WHO IS Game Emporium?!?!?"

PreviousNext