Game Emporium strikes again!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:18 am 

beasterbrook wrote:
johnhuck wrote:
And he's off to a flying start on the 5th with a negative.

almost sounds like a race now... how many will he get taday? and can he go one better tomorrow?

I dont know why any of you that have been screwed over dont report him to the US gov dept of fraud that ebay links (that Ilinked here).  Its really just a form to fill out, its free and takes less than 10 minutes.

Then you can decide on any class action suites as well.

But hell, how can you let him get away with this shit and just keep whining about it.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:26 am 

Terminal_Frost wrote:
I dont know why any of you that have been screwed over dont report him to the US gov dept of fraud that ebay links (that Ilinked here).  Its really just a form to fill out, its free and takes less than 10 minutes.

Then you can decide on any class action suites as well.

But hell, how can you let him get away with this shit and just keep whining about it.

Well said...I have asked this question many times myself.  Although my sole transaction ended positively (after weeks of waiting for a partial reimbursement and dozens of emails of course), I will never buy from James again.  

My personal belief is that without Deadlord or Morgansurname (or anything else) to whine about this moment, TGE is the easiest target.  IMO, if TGE was destroyed, there would be barely anything for the forum to speak about!!!  Dont get me wrong, I am willing to be that hundreds of individuals have been enlightened by the text pertaining to Ebay and TGE.  I am sure that we have helped many of these newbies realize that he an others like him are crooks.  Do a search via google for TGE or Ebay Fraud, and these posts are sure to come up!  However, the topic is exhausted.  Action shoud be taken rather than cluttering the site any more.  So to all STOP YOUR WHINING AND TAKE ACTION, WHETHER INDIVIDUAL OR IN CONJUNCTION WITH EACH OTHER!!!

If you would, perhaps you would save dozens of others the stress of looking in the mail box for that package that will never come! (Kind of reminds me of the old lady in that Donny Darko movie...Grandma Death was her name I think...)

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:12 pm 

But I thought that the whole point of this thread was to have a good old whinge about TGE.  And maybe in the process alert others.

I have only had a selling experience with TGE and he came across as a pleasant and decent buyer.  But it doesn't mean that I don't think he's a crook and/or stupid.  He just wanted my items to use as bait for his next con.

I have sent several emails to eBay complaining about TGE's Power Seller status, feedback, sales tactics to little or no avail.  I think it's criminal that eBay have the power to stop him but by their lack of action they have efffectively been party to his fraud.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:44 pm 

Just a thought out of the blue - I've been reading this post just for amusement, since I don't collect anything TSR other than original artwork, and I wondered if anyone had tried combining strategies - contact eBay, tell them about all the previous complaints, and THEN inform eBay that if they do not do something about this person, you are going to file a fraud complaint AND NAME EBAY IN THE COMPLAINT, since they were informed of the fraud and did nothing. They can't hide behind their "We're not responsible for what people do . . . ." blather if they are aware of a fraud and choose to ignore it.

Just an idear!

Pat

"Life is short, art is forever, and the credit card bills to buy the art last just slightly longer."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:34 pm 

I had the same thought.

And send it in a certified letter that has to be signed for - you be surprised how much more responsive people become once they've signed something and can't pretend ignorance.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:04 pm 

I wish you all the best of luck.

Making fraud stick to eBay, however, can be quite a challenge.

Court rejects appeal in eBay fraud suit - CNET News

Error: Not Found

CNN.com - Page not found

The page you requested can't be found - MSN Money

One man arrested, another indicted in eBay fraud schemes - CNET News

eBay acts to curtail Internet fraud

Judge dismisses suit against eBay - CNET News

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:38 pm 

Someone, somewhere is going to someday 'out ebay' ebay and solve this problem.  That's a company I'd invest in.

Their 'defacto' monopoly by being the first to market with an auction can be made vulnerable in time, I think.

They really disappoint me as a company in many ways.... I wish there was a better alternative.

-------------------------------------------------

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:06 am 

Take a look at the feedback, Supposedly Sarah (who has the same rambling writing style as everyone else there) is doing the work.
My law firm is contacting the FBI Monday. Seems it is indeed online fraud.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:37 am 

Here's some new additions, people that he's given negative feedback to:

airbotman
guilty7sins
no-interesting-alias
packrat8484
phred29154
sholmes29
sintares
tdh6002

8 new contacts in 5 days!

Here's a list of 8 neutrals, if you'd like to add them:

abubicka
antpasqu
ardeyn
bargainhunterprime
jaffe100
ledzeprules
nike111111
striker-ou

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:32 am 

For the past month, he's running 30% negative...and that's not even figuring in the neutrals

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:44 am 

SWEEET!  Ok, based on better, stronger, faster and smarter people in on the action, I'm stopping my contacting of negabombed bidders so I don't muck up something.

Let the lawyers do something GOOD (for once... :lol: ).

Anyone want to roadtrip to VA and pee on his lawn just to make sure we have all the bases covered? :)

-------------------------------------------------

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:26 am 

Dear All,

Much as I would like to continue bashing GE, in all fairness, I have to mention that I actually GOT my item the other day.......about 6 weeks after winning it.

I had already left negative feedback, which I still feel is justified, but LATE product is far less evil than NO product.

Fair balance and all that, the guy should not be selling more than he can ship in a reasonable period.  Dufus.

Ben Waxman
virgin newbie bottomdwelling collector

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:14 pm 

benwax Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: I can't believe I finally got product from Games Emporium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

Much as I would like to continue bashing GE, in all fairness, I have to mention that I actually GOT my item the other day.......about 6 weeks after winning it.

I had already left negative feedback, which I still feel is justified, but LATE product is far less evil than NO product.

Fair balance and all that, the guy should not be selling more than he can ship in a reasonable period. Dufus.

Ben Waxman

virgin newbie bottomdwelling collector

I agree, he seems, for the most part, to get the items to the buyers, but the biggest complaint is the wait time.  If he wasn't so obviously greedy he would stop listing and catch up on completed auctions.  He is in over his head and is unwilling to admit it and take steps to fix it.

(although he only has 2 items up right now, so maybe he is taking this step to square things away)

Ecthelion

Let me tell you something ass-eyes, let me tell you ALL something: war has made me very PARANOID! and when you get to eye-balling me, makes my Agent Orange act up, makes me want to KILL!

Take time and visit Zeitgeistgames.com

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:25 pm 

Having waited over three months for my stuff from TGE, I tried phoning him and got some odd guy who said he was his brother. Anyone else here had any experience of ringing him directly? Am I being mucked about or was that really his brother?

Mark

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:15 pm 

In order of likelihood, I'd say:

1) him

2) one of his other personalities

3) his brother

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:47 pm 

Well whoever it was, he's at 90.5% feedback, with 69 negatives received in the last month alone.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:45 am 

Down to 89.7% and the same two BIN items for sale.  Is this the end of the_ripoff_emporium?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:54 am 

muaddib5 wrote:Down to 89.7% and the same two BIN items for sale.  Is this the end of the_ripoff_emporium?

He's winding down and will start a new ripoff anytime now.  Suggestions for new names: The Eastern Emporium, or Treasure Game Chest.

What a piece of fucking filth.

Mike B.

PreviousNext