Game Emporium strikes again!
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:59 am 

dbartman wrote:That was inevitable.  He's still hammering people with legitimate gripes instead of taking responsibility for his mistakes, like patfalloon17's on this page.

eBay Feedback Profile for the_game_emporium

This ebayer has waited 86 days...  the_game_emporium's excuse was that the item had to be re-mailed.  I have never heard of that!  Why would it have been returned, and, why does it take 86 days to re-mail it, and, it appears to only be re-mailed when the ebayer complains, and, on top of that, he gets a negative from the_game_emporium!  I'm sorry but that's bullshit!  How much longer will this go on.

He claims that the stuff I bought and payed for ($53.05) five months ago, which hasn't arrived yet, had to be re-mailed as well. This was after he'd told me that the reason that the items weren't shipped was that he was out of shipping supplies... I've tried to e-mail him lots of times the last weeks, but his mailbox is always full.

James, if you still visit this forum, please send me the stuff or a refund ASAP, or I'll have to report you to IFCC.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:24 pm 

I've started the very beginning of contacting winning bidders of his auctions to see if they would be willing to be party to a lawsuit against him.  So far, 100% are willing.  The guy is beyond incompetent and way into the territory of criminal.  

I've consulted with a lawyer friend of mine and will (soon) get some notes written down about what needs to happen.  I may send a copy to Deadlord so he can run it by his lawyer friends.

I believe TGE is in New Jersey.  I'm looking for an NJ lawyer buddy of mine I've lost touch with to make sure it sticks.

Basically, I think the damages here would be 3x the amount of money he's collected for non-delivered services, plus the promised services/items, plus legal fees.

He's so hosed already he might as well flee the country.

-------------------------------------------------

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:49 pm 

JonOakes wrote:He's so hosed already he might as well flee the country.

That will be a good day for the gaming community.  
I'm just amazed that he continues to get good bids on his items despite his feedback.   :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:24 pm 

It's a real good thing that I've not been burned by this schmuck.  It also helps that I don't regularly traffic ebay for AD&D books...though I do look for other games. :)

The Game Emporium is an example of what happens when people get out of control and let their greed overcome good business sense.  The most common complaint given by those who left negative feedback is that the item was never shipped.  The Game Emporium responds in various ways, either by replying to the negative feedback with something along the lines of "we talked.  The item is on its way.", disbelief because he got a negative feedback for merchandise that he didn't deliver in a timely fashion, or by retaliatory negative feedback.  Every single response The Game Emporium makes shows an astounding lack of maturity.  I do not know the person(s) behind The Game Emporium, and really do not care who they are.  I have no respect for immaturity, and the signs of it are all there on The Game Emporium's feedback.

This crap of The Game Emporium not fulfilling its orders is totally silly, and absolutely uncalled for.  It's certainly not healthy for his business.  For every positive result, you get one person telling another about it.  For every negative, you get that one person telling ten.  And each of those ten tells ten of their friends.  Beyond that it's not really effective due to the way stories change as they're passed on from person to person, but the effect is like dominoes falling.  After all, at least 14000 people know how much of a wanker The Game Emporium is (conservative estimate, assuming multiple negative feedbacks by some buyers).  That's roughly 140 people telling ten friends each.  Now what happens when those 14000 each tell ten friends of theirs?

There's no excuse for shoddy business practices, and The Game Emporium is one of the poster children for it.  Pity I didn't go for one of his auctions...I might enjoy being part of a class action lawsuit.  In any case, the class action is the way to go here, to get this loser to fulfill his contractual obligations.  After all, a completed ebay auction is a legal and binding contract between buyer and seller.  What's good for one should be good for the other.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:51 pm 

Well, we shall see. I got the package yesterday, uninsured (even though I paid extra intentionally). So, I've asked him to file a claim for the damage to the package. If there is no response by Friday, I'll turn it over to the lawyers, and file a chargeback.
Not sure how they will handle a class-action lawsuit, I imagine they will be in touch with everyone who has not received or received different/damaged goods.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:12 pm 

Did some research today … here is the complete list of the 57 eBay members that T_G_E has given negative feedback to.  This is just here for informative purposes, of course, for those who might be … curious.  Have fun!
:twisted:

albertopardo
angelicus_dmort
benwax
bob64smith
capncaveman1
captaincaffeine
cstogdill
darius_fo
dgnmstr68
draiden
erniep1
faker676
festinog
fishingcag
freelancerbagok
futuresuccess
galen_macbyrne
henbane_au
hkphooey1
hu11114
jd1627
johnny_chainsaw
keladrin
kgdolan
kimby_cbfh
klazymama1
lanceteryork
leonrn
likenthroup
mad_mozart
mebemg
mmacgregor
morrowrj
mrblonde9mm
nosemuffin
ocelotgames
patfalloon17
pjjones3000
raincricket
ralf_toth
raver_moksha
rick_tsdmdk
scottalanreed
smsdenny
syncevos
terresti
thufir77k
timereaver
tozaz
tsimons27
turboalexmulford
uglydog1969
urdlen
vacuum_time
verchulaka
wezzie77
zelgadis-greywords

The neutrals could probably be added to that list.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:55 pm 

I'll send the list to the appropriate people. My e-mail asking him to put in the insurance claim bounced because the e-mail box was full.
I'm going to go ahead and reverse the Paypal charges. I'll speak with the lawyers tomorrow, and I am going to see if there is a way to sue eBay for allowing a known mail fraud individual to continue selling items. I'll try to get someone on the phone (fat chance) as well.
Last resort would be to take a trip to Virginia.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:46 pm 

Sorry to hear about this mess. :(
Much appreciated for the clarifications behind the limited eBay feedback text.

A quick comment, aside, noting that the vendor in question was formerly a "Power Seller" on eBay...
Given that eBay invite sellers to take up this status, and that the seller is requested to uphold "eBay community values, including honesty, timeliness and mutual respect" (eBay Seller Information Center: Selling Resources -- Top Rated & PowerSeller Program - Requirements), is there not an extra case to be made for violation of such agreement (seller->eBay), or possible deception of customers (by eBay's representation of a seller's apparent worthiness)??
(or (more likely?), in reality, is "Power Seller" a totally worthless concept?).

Just my 02 cents thoughts, anyhow...

Best wishes & hope you all can resolve this.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:27 am 

Just a few additional points/questions:

1.  Has anyone with a completed transaction (i.e. Deadlord) attempted to request TGE's contact info in order to acquire TGE's phone number?

2.  Is there any possiblity of a further investigation in an attempt to link TGE with The Eastern Treasure Chest?

3.  If the answer to #2 is no, is there a possiblity of also going after the ETC?

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:46 am 

Gotta love this feedback:     My Book smells like weed!!!!!!! My parents confirmed it. BUSTED!!!!!   Buyer   packrat8484( 8 )    Aug-01-04 16:42   5905889658  

Hmmmm perhaps TGE is using the idea posted on this forum regarding using boxed sets to ship illegal herbal cataract remedies? 8O

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:25 am 

I doubt it. Judging by the ramblings, I believe he smokes his product.

James Corvin  
The Game Emporium, P.O. Box 1255  
Wytheville, VA 24068  
United States  
(276) 228-4949  

Where was ETC located?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:21 pm 

Who is Jason?  (Not that I care, really)

"Took a while, but item arrived once Jason was involved. A Man of His Word. "  item 5904729237

Reply by the_game_emporium: "DANG IT!! This is Jason, Just getting in from the weekend. Give me time to get.. "

Reply by the_game_emporium: "this sorted out!! ALL the Items are being sent MYSELF!! So PLEASE give ME TIME.."

Reply by the_game_emporium: "I cant FIX This in one or even TWO days
so PLEASE let me get my feet under me... "

Reply by the_game_emporium: "and get this fixed!!! I'm trying to fix a problem for a Friend that I didn't.... "

Reply by the_game_emporium: "CREATE......so AGAIN GIVE ME SOME DANG TIME...PLEASE!! Thanks, Jason "

Evidently, James has a split personality named Jason...?

(I am currently looking at page 83 of the DMG.  "Insanity"; specifically schizophrenia/ dementia praecox/ pathological-liar/ dipsomania/ paranoia...etc.  Now, I'm thinking he's wearing a cursed scarab of insanity...)

M

"Is it secret; is it safe?"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:33 am 

well 91.1 with 177 negs....!!! 3 items for sale at the moment, if he goes another round of sales i wondering it will break into the 80's...

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:28 pm 

I don't know if any of you are keeping track, but after receiving negatives for the last 7 days in a row, it looks like he is going to finish today, (Aug. 4th) with no negs.  Either he is getting better, or someone is just waiting to hit him with another neg.

Ecthelion

Let me tell you something ass-eyes, let me tell you ALL something: war has made me very PARANOID! and when you get to eye-balling me, makes my Agent Orange act up, makes me want to KILL!

Take time and visit Zeitgeistgames.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:33 pm 

I have one in the wings. Just need another 70 days or so.
Can't hammer him with shill accts. He has immediate payments set up. I say he will try to change his selling acct. after this. Might have to go to Virginia after all.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:34 pm 

EcthelionI wrote:I don't know if any of you are keeping track, but after receiving negatives for the last 7 days in a row, it looks like he is going to finish today, (Aug. 4th) with no negs.  Either he is getting better, or someone is just waiting to hit him with another neg.

Ecthelion

*g*. Can't help but observe that one of those feedbacks on 8/4 is from someone who purchased a "RARE!!!" "DEITIES & DEMIGODS W/CTHULHU" on 7/7 for $80 using BIN.

(Did I miss an exclamation mark, there?).

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:43 pm 

*RARE*  It seems that all his auctions are for *RARE* items.  Especially those *RARE* hard to find 1ST EDITION D&D items that he has for sale.  

Although he had a few decent items up for auction recently that I would have loved to go for, I just can't see pissing my money away like that.  When I want to gamble, I'll go to Atlantic City, at least I get sounds and flashing lights when I am losing my money that way.

Ecthelion

Let me tell you something ass-eyes, let me tell you ALL something: war has made me very PARANOID! and when you get to eye-balling me, makes my Agent Orange act up, makes me want to KILL!

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:13 am 

Oh well, it's official, no negatives for August 4th.  It was kind of fun checking his feedback everyday to see how manys negs he was getting per day.  Well, there is always the 5th.

Ecthelion

PreviousNext