Game Emporium strikes again!
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:05 pm 

Looks like Game_EmPoorium is at 93.9 now. The RoleAids guy gave him two negs.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:12 pm 

That was inevitable.  He's still hammering people with legitimate gripes instead of taking responsibility for his mistakes, like patfalloon17's on this page.

eBay Feedback Profile for the_game_emporium

This ebayer has waited 86 days...  the_game_emporium's excuse was that the item had to be re-mailed.  I have never heard of that!  Why would it have been returned, and, why does it take 86 days to re-mail it, and, it appears to only be re-mailed when the ebayer complains, and, on top of that, he gets a negative from the_game_emporium!  I'm sorry but that's bullshit!  How much longer will this go on.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:53 pm 

The sad thing is that the_game_emporium's actions/inactions are so bad that it might turn off the new bidders to eBay and/or our hobby as well.  
All because of one rotten apple.
:(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:28 am 

(Smoke Incense and chanting are heard)

A high priest is seen making obscure hand gestures.....

"Oh Great ShillMeister... We summon thee from the grave to strike down The Hated Game EmWhorium and all of his evil fraudulant auctions.

Let his auctions be naught but fodder for your gaping maw of justice.

Let the lamentations of his feedback fall on your deaf and uncaring ears.

Let the lesser gods of ebay hear our cries and smite him for his insolence.

Let the plagues he claims that assail him materialize and may his computer crash, his dog die and his colon be tied in knots for a week.

Let those who gaze on his auctions be led away to other sellers and may the Game Emporiums Ebay fees skyrocket while his illgotten revenues plummet.  

May we drive him before the mighty ShillMeister's wrath and send him back into his mother's basement from whence he came."

----------

Man.. if that doesn't do it... I dont' know what will.

-------------------------------------------------

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:29 am 

You and I have GOT to meet.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:36 am 

Probably best if we don't... can you imagine the havoc that could be unleashed?  :twisted:

Someday... I gotta get back to visit the relatives while they are still there to visit so you never know!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:42 pm 

After 80 days my copy of the dwarves of rockhome actually showed up in my mailbox from this guy.  I thought for sure my money was gone gone gone.  Never deal with the A-HOLE again though and I pity anybody that does.

Hope he goes to jail or something, he is what gives E-bay a bad name.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:17 am 

Looks like his "power seller" status was finally pulled.

the_game_emporium | eBay

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:14 am 

Ever tried reading his negative feedback?  He has this new response he gives to everyone, just changing the name each time.

Unfortunately, he somehow gets ahold of some great stuff.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:41 am 

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here.  

As a relative newbie ebayer/collector, I didn't know that ~94% would be considered a poor rating, and probably would have bid on stuff from these guys.  This is the one that uses excessive exclamation points, right?

Sorry for lurking on your rants but it's good to know who to avoid.  :D
Any others come to mind?  Any chance someone will post a "black list"?

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:09 pm 

Hey, Didja notice that the Game Emwhorium's rating is now 666?

Coincidence?

I don't think so!

He's the DEVIL!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:50 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here.  

As a relative newbie ebayer/collector, I didn't know that ~94% would be considered a poor rating, and probably would have bid on stuff from these guys.  This is the one that uses excessive exclamation points, right?

Sorry for lurking on your rants but it's good to know who to avoid.  :D
Any others come to mind?  Any chance someone will post a "black list"?

Well, HUNDREDS of people are GUILTY! of using MASSIVE amounts of caps, exclamation points, and SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA-UBER exaggeration!!!!!
Heck, if I ever sell off my excess, I may do it, too...it's purely subjective and it works.
As for screwing people and not actually delivering, though, that's mighty rare amongst RPG sellers, particularly high volumers, as far as I can tell.  That's why he's such an infamous dipshit.

(Bad grading of quality is another problem to watch for, though.  But with iffy standardization of guidelines, it's hard to distinguish a con artist from someone with different grading than you, however.)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:58 pm 

Hello all,

When I first caught the collecting bug about 2 months ago, I won my first auction from Games Emporium, and admit that in the red haze to have Frost Giant Jarl with the pixie on it, I didn't look to closely at feedback.  Received the same sob story about "getting it to you soon".  What crap.  10 emails begging for a reply later and still no product.

If we can find this James Corvin arsehole, I want a piece of him!

Ben Waxman "pissed and disgusted with myself for falling for a scam"  :twisted:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:45 pm 

I think that as long as reasonable info about the emporium is sent, and we tell bidders them to watch out, the worst that can happen is a slap on the wrist from ebay.  As I just got my first negative feedback from the GE after leaving negative for them, I have used my daily quota of ebay messages to warn off bidders.  I'm going to keep doing it until someone sends me a threatening notice.  I'm sick of this, and hope that everyone on the Acaeum will join me in sending off a few emails to bidders everyday until GE is out of business!!!

Ben newbie collector whose 100% feedback streak is now gone..frick! :x

dathon wrote:
JonOakes wrote:Frank,

I think you run the risk of giving the guy 'an excuse' by summoning the Master Shiller.

Best bet is to just let nature take its course.  Now, however 'some guy' has an interesting idea.  Notify any lead bidders about this jerks track record and bids may get retracted more often.

My two coppers is that it may indeed be time for the Master Shiller.

As for letting current bidders know the story behind this scoundrel... well, I can tell you from experience that it is risky.  A long time ago in my early eBay days I ran into a terrible seller who was selling a Gamma World minis box.  I bought it, and then found it was missing a miniature even though it was advertised as near mint/complete.  I asked the seller for a refund, and she replied that I shouldn't be playing with children's games anyway and would not give a refund.  That's right, she mocked our hobby!   :evil:
I contacted her then current bidders on "children's games" and warned them about the seller.  Well, one of the bidders must have told the seller or eBay because then eBay's Safe Harbor got on my butt and told me my account would be suspended if I continued to "interfere" in the seller's auctions.  So if you're going to warn bidders then don't do it from your regular account.  
Bottom line: eBay refuses to police itself so how can they be surprised when vigilante justice arises?  
We're not the first to contemplate this.... the New York Times had a whole article a while back about a Mac users posse that hunts down and harrasses eBay villains.  There was even an article last week about a "vigilante" group that harrasses the Nigerian scammers.  It's probably still up on the NYT site and it was very amusing.  
:D

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:34 pm 

Hm, I seem to have hit the edit button.  Oh well.
:P

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:37 pm 

What he does is illegal. If he were located in Germany, I'd have already reported his offence to the police. For the individuum, it's just a couple of dollars. In the sum, it's a nice holiday trip for "James Corvin".

I don't understand why not one of the other resellers, darkseraphim, Bad Mike, Guido the Gypsy or someone else is not taking legal actions against this fraudster. Have you already talked to you lawyer about it?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:38 pm 

Like I said, one of the law firms I work for would be glad to do it pro bono. However, my item was sent already!

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:49 pm 

:idea:

PreviousNext