Game Emporium strikes again!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:19 pm 

I left him neg feedback since it has been 10weeks since sale, he of course responded with my first neg---

Here was my e-mail to him after his feedback was left.

How dare you leave me neg feedback, you have some real issues, you have 43 neg in the past 30 days, my only one is yours (for the past 4 years!), I e-mailed you and told you if I did not get it by last Thursday I would leave neg feedback, unlike you I am a man of my word, you sent me an e-mail stating you sent the package 3 weeks ago, in your comments you admitted you just sent it out. You should never leave neg feedback due to your own negligence and I will be taking this up with e-bay and paypal and show them my e-mails I sent to you since I copied myself each time since my gut told me you were not to be trusted. You sir, are not a fair player and only gave me neg feedback because I did to you, I sent my money ASAP to you, that is what my feedback should be based on and why I give + feedback as soon as I get paid not wait till the buyer recipcates. You are a bad person and I will make sure people know, you screwed with the wrong guy in the RPG Industry.

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3184909021

Thank you,
hkphooey1

Updates to follow.

Hal Greenberg

Todd Lockwood art for sale on ebay at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Todd-Lockwood-Art

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:01 pm 

This really steams me and unfortunately eBay will do nothing.  
From the_game_emporium's babbling postings here and other people's descriptions of dealing with him, he seems like a psychopath.  I am soooo glad I did not win any of his auctions.  Whew!
We've discussed the ethics of "vigilante justice" on this board before... where the line is to be drawn, but this looks like a time where it would be justified.  My two coppers...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:06 pm 

Just an UNFOUNDED OPINION here...

He seems like he's completing SOME transactions and getting positives from folks who have feedback in the 100s (means it's unlikely they are fake accounts to me).

Perhaps this doofus is TARGETING who he doesn't fill orders for... Perhaps if he recognizes you from other threads on this forum or past auctions he passively-agressively screws you over?

Just a THEORY.  Not an accusation, per se... .But I'd rather poke myself in the eye than bid on one of this guy's auctions.  My Money is too good for the likes of him.

I wonder.. Hey.. PurpleDragon, with your mighty analytical powers... Can you see a way to determine if the negative feedback is tied to people in this forum?  I'm not sure how you would attack that problem, but you've got magical statistical powers so nothing would surprise me. :)

In short, the best advice is to shun The Game Emporium in any and all dealings.  The guy is just damaged.

-------------------------------------------------

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:22 pm 

In short, the best advice is to shun The Game Emporium in any and all dealings. The guy is just damaged.

I agree completely. There has been enough complaints on this board to know not to deal with this guy. If we know he's a problem, best policy is to just avoid him in the first place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:31 pm 

The really incredible thing is the ignorance of those who still buy from him. He's down below 94% feedback rating and still receives enough bids to make money.

Reminds me of a German seller of pet stuff, he had a similar feedback rating and lots of negatives by people who complained about being charged 40€ shipping for a package that cost 4€ in the end. They really did that! Any sane person reading this feedback would never have bid on the auctions. After the seller went below 90% feedback he went private and still received lots of bids until he got banned by eBay. Sure, a criminal, but why did people bid? Did they not read his feedback when it was accessible? Did they not care about his feedback rating? Or was it just pure greed?

With Game Imporium it's basically the same. So why do people still bid on his auctions?

There might be an interesting lesson to learn (about human behaviour) ...

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:37 pm 

fau_tps wrote:
In short, the best advice is to shun The Game Emporium in any and all dealings. The guy is just damaged.

I agree completely. There has been enough complaints on this board to know not to deal with this guy. If we know he's a problem, best policy is to just avoid him in the first place.

I also agree and 10 weeks ago he did not have all the negs, it was also a $10 item so I thought I would take a chance, this post was just a heads up for those on the fence so to speak.  :wink:

Hal Greenberg

Todd Lockwood art for sale on ebay at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Todd-Lockwood-Art

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:49 pm 

Someone should put out a call to the Masked Shiller.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:30 pm 

Yes, I would be in favor of more drastic measures  (let the Vigilantes ride again :wink: )
since eBay would do nothing, and the guy is obviously not learning, and (financially) damaging honest buyers.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:09 pm 

Any opposed?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:56 pm 

After a particularly crappy day at work and although I should have really minded my own business...

I emailed a few people that got burned by etc/tge.  I said by not checking out tge's feedback, they got what they deserved.

Each one (I think I emailed 4 or 5 of them) replied saying that either they thought 94% was good or that the sale happened when his feedback was higher.  But all were sour and bitter over their treatment.

I also emailed a couple of current bidders warning them of his feedback percentage.

After that, I stopped because really, it's none of my business.  But it did make me feel better...

"Is it secret; is it safe?"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:04 pm 

Frank,

I think you run the risk of giving the guy 'an excuse' by summoning the Master Shiller.

Best bet is to just let nature take its course.  Now, however 'some guy' has an interesting idea.  Notify any lead bidders about this jerks track record and bids may get retracted more often.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:19 pm 

JonOakes wrote:Frank,

I think you run the risk of giving the guy 'an excuse' by summoning the Master Shiller.

Best bet is to just let nature take its course.  Now, however 'some guy' has an interesting idea.  Notify any lead bidders about this jerks track record and bids may get retracted more often.

My two coppers is that it may indeed be time for the Master Shiller.

As for letting current bidders know the story behind this scoundrel... well, I can tell you from experience that it is risky.  A long time ago in my early eBay days I ran into a terrible seller who was selling a Gamma World minis box.  I bought it, and then found it was missing a miniature even though it was advertised as near mint/complete.  I asked the seller for a refund, and she replied that I shouldn't be playing with children's games anyway and would not give a refund.  That's right, she mocked our hobby!   :evil:
I contacted her then current bidders on "children's games" and warned them about the seller.  Well, one of the bidders must have told the seller or eBay because then eBay's Safe Harbor got on my butt and told me my account would be suspended if I continued to "interfere" in the seller's auctions.  So if you're going to warn bidders then don't do it from your regular account.  
Bottom line: eBay refuses to police itself so how can they be surprised when vigilante justice arises?  
We're not the first to contemplate this.... the New York Times had a whole article a while back about a Mac users posse that hunts down and harrasses eBay villains.  There was even an article last week about a "vigilante" group that harrasses the Nigerian scammers.  It's probably still up on the NYT site and it was very amusing.  
:D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:52 pm 

I didn't tell them not to buy from tge.  I just asked them:

"Are you not concerned about the game emporium's feedback percentage (38 negatives in the last month alone)? I hope you do not get burned..."

I don't really see how I can be banned/suspended for that.

Anyways, I already stopped.

However, if I receive any flak, I'm sure I'd just ask ebay if a requirement of being a power seller is to "Achieve and maintain a minimum feedback rating of 100 and a 98% total positive feedback" (their words), and if tge qualifies...

"Is it secret; is it safe?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:54 pm 

Deadlord...

Death from Above.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:46 am 

How about we contact someone who actually got an item, get this guys address and just go TP his house, Pee on his lawn, Sugar his gas tank, Light flaming bags of poo on his door step, soap his windows, penny his doors, Put a dead fish in his car, bannana in the tail pipe, and in the winter time, hose his roof (if he lives where it snows).

THAT sounds like a hell of a lot more fun to me!  :twisted:  :twisted:

Or.. I gotta love BBarsh's conciseness: DFA.

(I keep picturing Frank (who I have never met or seen a picture of) lurking in rafters with a rolled up module in one hand and a broken beer bottle in the other screaming "DEATH FROM ABOVE" in a New Hampshire Accent.. I may not sleep for a week! :D )

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:49 am 

I cant see him wasting the module. Unless of course its 3rd Edition. Then it makes perfect sense.  8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:50 am 

JonOakes wrote:How about we contact someone who actually got an item, get this guys address and just go TP his house, Pee on his lawn, Sugar his gas tank, Light flaming bags of poo on his door step, soap his windows, penny his doors, Put a dead fish in his car, bannana in the tail pipe, and in the winter time, hose his roof (if he lives where it snows).

Man, Jon, now I've got my coffee all over the keyboard!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:54 am 

Some guy wrote:However, if I receive any flak, I'm sure I'd just ask ebay if a requirement of being a power seller is to "Achieve and maintain a minimum feedback rating of 100 and a 98% total positive feedback" (their words), and if tge qualifies...

I asked eBay exactly this question two weeks ago. Their reply was, that they are reviewing the power seller grades on a monthly schedule. And I thought a month has 30 days ...

Next