Help for overseas, deployed gamers
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:50 pm 

A few of my military buddies and I will be deploying overseas to support the Global War on Terrorism within the near future. They are all former gamers but have gotten rid of most of their stuff. Here is the problem:

They want to play during mission downtime and want me to DM. Space just does not allow for the transport of enough gaming material for this endevor but, I will be deploying with a laptop and I have the Core Rules program which I can install on the laptop. What I need is source material, modules and books not with the program, to run some scenarios :( . So I am asking for help from the Acaeum forum community to commit some pdf files on CD-ROM for support of this mission. Please help some old gamers have a little R&R during their deployment time to take the edge off from being away from their families for so long.

Rest ashurd that none of the material donated will end up on Ebay or any other sales venue and that they will be kept by me for future deployers. I fully support the destruction of pdf/copryright sellers on Ebay.

Thank you all for your support

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:04 pm 

Branch? And when are you leaving?

When I got mobilized for Desert Shield/Storm, we had about two weeks of prep time - used about a day and half for basic re-issue (desert equip/uniforms), innoculations, etc. Had to wait about five days for tailors...

Anyway, someone picked up a copy of D&D Basic Set from the PX and we played to pass the time. Afterall, we were locked down to base (Ft.  Benning). So I feel for you.

I will do my best to get you something.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:22 pm 

Air Force, classified location, replacing others within 3 months

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:39 am 

If you haven't done so already, there might be something of interest at:

Downloads

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:54 pm 

I'd snag some scans of all my books in pdf format, then burn them to a few discs.  If you own the book, you can legally have a scan of it (just keep everything in storage at home).  That way if you can score a laptop with Acrobat on it, you won't have to cart around all those damned books.
Do you know where you are being deployed to yet?  And let me be the first to say keep your head low and come back to us in one piece ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:23 pm 

Done.

moron with money

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:18 pm 

My fellow comrades and I would like to thanks all those who were able to step-up and help us out. We now have enough material to play anytime that we deploy. The material received will be setup on a main server, controlled by a select few with security codes, so that anytime some of us deploy we can download it to a laptop without having to worry about the possibility of duplicates being made and sold.

Thanks to all for your support and contributions.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:41 pm 

Hello all

Back from the "SANDBOX" and I have to say THANK YOU to those who contibuted to the cause (You know who you are)!!!  Not only did we find time to play but we got some Brits to play as well. Those guys were a blast. Its because of them that we have a new style of DMing. We went through modules U1 and B1, I ran the adventure on a laptop while another would network in and follow along. When any encounters came along then the other would take over as the monsters/encounter event. This style of play left the first DM to handle the role-playing aspect and the other was able to customize encounters as the players came to them. So if the party was too loud, he had the monsters ready for action, ambushes or whatever and vice versa. Everyone had a blast playing this way. The monster DM was even able to change up the monsters for those who had gone through the modules before so that they had no clue as to what to expect. Again, thanks to all who contibuted! It was very much appreciated!