Two years later.....
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:36 am 

Sorry, saturncancer, if you come back to read this...

Read around the site a bit and you'll see that there are many acts of kindness and public service here, as well as general good will.

The Burntwire Brothers aren't going to corner the world market on Holmes Basic Sets even if they double their collection.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:46 am 

Just a guess, but I think the cross-pollenization may have started here...

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 11&t=41533

Seems 50/50 on the like/dislike meter.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:47 am 

This particular thread is getting a lot of love from my 3.5 D&D campaign group.

Two of them, at different times this week, have both sent me links to this thread asking me "... do you know who this guy is...?"

I 'fessed up to it...  :lol:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:54 am 

I'm sure if Saturncancer, or anyone else, wanted to buy something they'd get a job and pony up the money and buy it. The fact that some people can buy things and others can't is not going to change with jealousy, but it would change with hard work and better money management. Altruism is not something that DF is particularly known for, although ignorance often is. And with practically every TSR publication ever written freely available to everyone in the world to download off the internet, I don't imagine asking the lazy and the feckless to buy copies of Holmes Basic Boxed Sets is going to have any imapct of the hobby whatsoever. Feel free to vent you jealousy, There's nothing wrong with it. But at least recognise it for what it is. Otherwise you just perpetuate the image of ignorace your post projects.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:36 am 

bbarsh wrote:Just a guess, but I think the cross-pollenization may have started here...

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 11&t=41533

Seems 50/50 on the like/dislike meter.

Saunatonttu over on DF has made it well known that he isnt fond of "collectors" but I wouldn't think he would waste his time by coming over here just to stir shit up.  I've been wrong before though.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Saunatonttu over on DF has made it well known that he isnt fond of "collectors" but I wouldn't think he would waste his time by coming over here just to stir shit up.  I've been wrong before though.
Nah, not likely.  This is the first I've heard of his unfondness for collectors, actually.  (Except those that abandon his cleric in a dungeon to die, naturally, but that only happened once!)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:46 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Saunatonttu over on DF has made it well known that he isnt fond of "collectors" but I wouldn't think he would waste his time by coming over here just to stir shit up.  I've been wrong before though.

I was not suggesting it was anyone in particular or even a DF guy. Just that there is a coincidence...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Nah, not likely.  This is the first I've heard of his unfondness for collectors, actually.

Unfortunately I dont have time to spend searching through all of the threads there looking for the specific post he made.  It was a few months ago.  He may have made the post in jest but it didnt seem like it then.  He may have been having a bad day and just felt like complaining.  Who knows.

bbarsh wrote:I was not suggesting it was anyone in particular or even a DF guy. Just that there is a coincidence...

I understand where you are coming from.  But there has been quite a bit of venom spewed back and forth lately between several members of both sites regarding L4.  It may be a case of drive-by douchebaggery and has nothing to do with anyone on DF.  I just dont see it being that cut-and-dried.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:00 pm 

You'd have to admit...if it was an attempt to troll the Acaeum it was a pretty mild example.

It would also be a fairly successful example, since we are still posting replies and discussion about it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 pm 

FormCritic wrote:You'd have to admit...if it was an attempt to troll the Acaeum it was a pretty mild example.

True, but it is still pathetic regardless of how it was done.  I may think that everyone that posts on Paizo's forums are idiots because they play Pathfinder (I don't...just an example) but I won't ever post there that I think that.  It's pointless, cowardly, and serves no other intent than to elicit a negative emotional response from the members...which as you say has worked fairly well.

I'm done with it.  Guilt trips don't work on me anyways.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 pm 

OK.
Stacking all my third plus copies of everything RPG'ish and putting them up for sale on E-Bay soon.
Would not wish to be considered a hoarder...

Now... does the hoarding tag count for all collectable stuff?
If so, then How do I get rid of my 12 Barry Sanders Rookie Cards...? 8O

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:37 pm 

drive-by douchebaggery. that is a great turn of phrase KOP!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:52 pm 

I doubt he'll post again. Single-shot troll.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm 

So most of you are okay with the fact I own like 30+ copies of the Rules Cyclopedia?  Including a copy someone covered with red and black suede, black rabbit fur and pewter occult charms.... :D

And no I'm not a print junkie, I just bought them any time I saw one for $25.00 or less.

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:23 pm 

simrion wrote:So most of you are okay with the fact I own like 30+ copies of the Rules Cyclopedia?  Including a copy someone covered with red and black suede, black rabbit fur and pewter occult charms.... :D

And no I'm not a print junkie, I just bought them any time I saw one for $25.00 or less.

If you did this it was a good buy  8O   These go routinely over $50 now

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
If you did this it was a good buy  8O   These go routinely over $50 now

Yeah!  Right!  Because hoarding jerks like simrion drove up the price by not being altruistic enough!  

:lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 pm 

Acaeum members buying up all the copies of the Rules Cyclopedia would really piss that muppet off.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Acaeum members buying up all the copies of the Rules Cyclopedia would really piss that muppet off.

I'm in.

I suspect that our anti-hoarder friend doesn't actually buy anything any way.

PreviousNext