Two years later.....
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 8 of 10123 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 910
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 am 
 

burntwire brothers wrote:A gaming magazine is doing a feature article in the coming months. Will keep you updated. Look for more surprises from the Burntwire Bros. soon :D

Sounds cool, but hopefully not entitled "Bandwidth Exceeded"? ;)
Would be good to drum up some interest across the hobby.


"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

  


Collector

Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
Last Visit: Mar 23, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 am 
 

burntwire brothers wrote:A gaming magazine is doing a feature article in the coming months. Will keep you updated. Look for more surprises from the Burntwire Bros. soon :D


That would be us! We're very interested in having the Bros featured in our next issue. We believe that this does bring some interest to the hobby and glad to have them aboard - not to mention some beers at GenCon '10!


BIV #4 is now available at www.rpgnow.com. This issue features Monte Cook, Fantasy Grounds II and much more! ($2, 40 pages)

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:22 am 
 

Greetings!

Nice choice of quote from Rob Kuntz in Keith Hackwood's article in the latest issue and good to read that "mission statement" on your forum. (Not a word 'bout edition this-or-that there, which some might consider a blessing, too!).


"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 193
Joined: Jul 30, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 27, 2021
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:19 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:
I will confirm that there prices were kick ass, I unloaded a great portion of my wallet at there booth (thank guys) :D


Likewise   :D


Rabbit_67

Kill something, it will make you feel better.

  


Collector

Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 10, 2010
Last Visit: Mar 23, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:45 pm 
 

faro wrote:Greetings!

Nice choice of quote from Rob Kuntz in Keith Hackwood's article in the latest issue and good to read that "mission statement" on your forum. (Not a word 'bout edition this-or-that there, which some might consider a blessing, too!).


Hello faro, thanks for the greetings. I hope my last post didn't sound like a plug because that wasn't the intent. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm quite an avid collector myself and this seems to be a great place to hang my hat for a while.

Keith Hackwood is quite the guy. We're very happy to have him as one of our writers. He's always got something interesting to say. Besides he's a great contrast to some of our other articles which are more tongue in cheek. I'd like to think that we have something for everyone.

As you probably already seen, we are very game agnostic and certainly edition agnostic. We do have our own RPG in the works which you may see an Ad here and there in the magazine but generally we keep our mags free of that sort of thing (we have to pay the bills somehow though - mostly by plugging some of our own stuff).

For now we're happily chugging along and when I saw this game room, my jaw dropped to the floor and I had to find out who was responsible for the beauty I just saw. I'm glad that the Bros were willing to chat with us.


BIV #4 is now available at www.rpgnow.com. This issue features Monte Cook, Fantasy Grounds II and much more! ($2, 40 pages)

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:09 pm 
 

Interesting site....I'll have to devote more time to checking it out later.  One of the first things I checked out was the Interviews section.  The one with Lou Zocchi in particular interested me.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/ ... hp?t=12854

The photo near the bottom on the left shows the Acaeum's very own Bracton and stratochamp having a conversation with Lou over a very distinctive map.  :D


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:04 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The one with Lou Zocchi in particular interested me.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/ ... hp?t=12854

The man can talk . . .  8O

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:19 pm 
 

bigironvault wrote:
Hello faro, thanks for the greetings. I hope my last post didn't sound like a plug because that wasn't the intent. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm quite an avid collector myself and this seems to be a great place to hang my hat for a while.

Keith Hackwood is quite the guy. We're very happy to have him as one of our writers. He's always got something interesting to say. Besides he's a great contrast to some of our other articles which are more tongue in cheek. I'd like to think that we have something for everyone.

As you probably already seen, we are very game agnostic and certainly edition agnostic. We do have our own RPG in the works which you may see an Ad here and there in the magazine but generally we keep our mags free of that sort of thing (we have to pay the bills somehow though - mostly by plugging some of our own stuff).

For now we're happily chugging along and when I saw this game room, my jaw dropped to the floor and I had to find out who was responsible for the beauty I just saw. I'm glad that the Bros were willing to chat with us.


Hello bigironvault

It would be interesting if you were to pop over the the Random/OT strand and tell us about your online resource and your current game business projects.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1680
Joined: Feb 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 10, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:07 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Interesting site....I'll have to devote more time to checking it out later.  One of the first things I checked out was the Interviews section.  The one with Lou Zocchi in particular interested me.

The photo near the bottom on the left shows the Acaeum's very own Bracton and stratochamp having a conversation with Lou over a very distinctive map.  :D
i had forgotten that they were conducting that interview when bracton wanted to stop by to purchase some hex paper.... bracton is wearing a miskatonic u. shirt and i'm in a speed racer shirt; we really look like a couple of gaming nerds standing next to colonel sanders in that photo... ironic that i was pointing out some feature of the city-state and then bought the lone remaining original city-state map a few months later.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1096
Joined: May 14, 2008
Last Visit: Jun 19, 2021
Location: West of a site called "Chicago" . . .

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:11 pm 
 

stratochamp wrote:bracton is wearing a miskatonic u. shirt and i'm in a speed racer shirt; we really look like a couple of gaming nerds standing next to colonel sanders in that photo...


Speak for yourself.  You may look geeky.  I happen to think that Miskatonic shirt is quite snazzy.   :wink:

Fried chicken, anyone?   :lol:


"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

  


Collector

Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 19, 2010
Last Visit: Aug 19, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:46 pm 
 

This is brilliant. Can you please tell me what the walls are made of. I would love to attempt this myself for our DnD room

Sarah

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 193
Joined: Jul 30, 2007
Last Visit: Apr 27, 2021
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 pm 
 

Andraia63 wrote:This is brilliant. Can you please tell me what the walls are made of. I would love to attempt this myself for our DnD room

Sarah


Welcome, Sarah, to the Acaeum.  :D


Rabbit_67

Kill something, it will make you feel better.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1026
Joined: Jun 05, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 31, 2021
Location: Huntsville, Ala.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:56 pm 
 

This is your D&D room? 8O

I'd love to have a room like this in our house for anything!
My God, this is impressive.  

And your collection: Wow!!
I don't own this many books, let alone this much RPG and wargame material.

And .... you built it yourself.
That's even more mind-boggling.
I couldn't drive a nail with a hammer.

Thanks for showing us
Keith


"Not all those who wander are lost." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 519
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 19, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:03 am 
 

One Year Later...
...I STILL can't stop looking at those pics!


The owls are not what they seem...

  


Active Collector

Posts: 25
Joined: Apr 17, 2010
Last Visit: Sep 04, 2012

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:03 pm 
 

A most impressive gaming room.

Michael

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1222
Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 19, 2021
Location: Close to GenCon

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:38 pm 
 

OldSchoolDM wrote:A most impressive gaming room.

Michael


Thanks guys.  This thread pops up now and then.  If you want to know more there is a feature article in Big Iron Vault magazine.  I will try to get a link up.


Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1222
Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 19, 2021
Location: Close to GenCon

Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:41 pm 
 

Here is the link to their site.  Issue #5 has the article.

http://bigironvault.com/shop.html


Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 25
Joined: May 10, 2009
Last Visit: Nov 25, 2010
Location: The Oasis of Nevada.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 pm 
 

burntwire brothers wrote:Here is the link to their site.  Issue #5 has the article.

http://bigironvault.com/shop.html


Thank you for the link. I'm in the process of purchasing the issue.

  

User avatar

Active Collector

Posts: 57
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
Last Visit: Aug 31, 2012
Location: Arizona

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:14 am 
 

After I came across this on an unrelated search, I was reminded of this thread here at Acaeum. Amazing what this guy did with such a limited amount of space in his attic.

Image

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:42 am 
 

It's a beautiful re-model job.

As a gamer, I see that really nice pattern carved in the table top and I think:  "D'oh!  That's gonna be hard to map on!"


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 8 of 10123 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 910