New Collectors Database
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:30 pm 

After reading some of the posts here I discovered that some people have difficulty going through and finding parts of their collection. I have created an Access 2002 database to help those in need 8) . It is specifically taylored from the Acaeum database including Dragon mags, Polys and the like. I even put in a table for your non-TSR D&D related items. You can track your items to include date of purchase, condition, price paid, current Acaeum value, item code and a note section so you can put what box / location the items are stored. Most of the Acaeum database has been input with only the title and code. You can just supply the rest for the items you currently have. The problem is that it is 4.4 gig. Anyway can someone host this so everyone can have access to it? I think this will be a big help for those with large collections so they can pinpoint where their items are at. Granted it will take some time for the big boys but might be worth the effort :)

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:12 pm 

Er, 4.4 Gigabyte? That is un-hostable ... Could it be, that you included the pictures in the tables?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:53 pm 

Sorry about that. I can compress it down to a 532k zip file. Only the main menu has any eye candy to it. But since you mentioned it I think I can incorporate product scans into the data enrty section so you can also visually see what you have too. Thanks Rolf :D

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:47 am 

Yes, but take care that the pictures are not included as objects in the table or the db will blow up to huge sizes.

Ah, and the name is Ralf, not Rolf.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:31 am 

Kosh,
I for one would be interested to see what you have created in access. Made some basic access file myself, but it's not really worth mentioning.
Don't have a host site though.  :(
Anyone care to volunteer to host the 532k compressed version?