dispelling the Ivid rumors
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:43 pm 

Scott---

Folks have mentioned over on the WotC GH boards that many people get confused by the Acaeum listing/info about the faked Ivid book.  Discussion is at The Wizards Community

Is there something that we could do to the existing info to clarify further that WGRX never existed, was a Neutral Ground fake, etc.?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:31 am 

I guess that nobody is harmed by the prank of the fake Ivid the Undying cover. But, I think the principle of the matter is important. If is a local joke, I think that is cool. But when it is broadly represented as something it is not, than issues of propriety, credibilty and a certain degree of ethics must be considered.

Just my humble, and ultimately insignificant, opinion.

-------- Don (Greyson) --------

ICQ YIM  

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:47 am 

Eh... this is the first I've heard of any confusion.  And if Erik is so incensed by the image, I wonder why he didn't just send me an e-mail?

In any case, I imagine any confusion is derived from taking the image out of context -- i.e., not reading the Research item that points to it.  I also think that by taking the scan down, it'll force me to "authenticate" the scan every time it gets submitted my way.

Therefore, I'll leave it up.  But I do agree that the portion of the Research text that deals with Rob Placer's statements is irrelevant and potentially confusing, so I'll excise that and make the post clearer.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:32 am 

Or perhaps just add the research details to the page that the image is hosted on, so that there's no possible confusion if folks link to that page, or find it via google, etc.?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/