Speaking of the H-series modules and Game_Emporium
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:21 am 

whoops! sorry about your name.

I was just curious - up until recently I didn't even realise that you could do that with your email.  I fully understand that if you want to not have customs take too close an interest in your auctions then you want to keep as much of your ebay activity confidential as you can...

I agree with you about the feedback more generally - it is an imperfect mechanism.  Although I feel that there is an unnecessary emphasis upon 100% +ve only.  I buy from people with less than a 100% rating - I look for what has happened recently - who has left it (i.e. what their feedback is), whether it has been left by people buying or selling etc..  You seem pretty upset by Game Emporium's bad feedback - I wouldn't worry - people will still buy from you!!!  Regards.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:55 pm 

When I leave feedback I try to be as true to the transaction as possible.  Usually its the amount of time it took for item(s) to arrive or payment to arrive, thenif there any problems.

If the transaction was so bad, I dont leave any feedback and I am more likely to file a complaint/dispute with paypal or ebay.

Feedback is supposed to let potential buyers and sellers know what theyre getting into.  Too many times i see feedbacks liek A+....SUPERDUPERLUPERIFIC!  That doesnt tell me what to expect. :(

As far as bad feedback, if you have an item someone wants many dont care if you have bad feedback, negative feedback or whatever.  Someone will still bid or buy.

I received 4 bad feedbacks from a seller not too long ago that tried to charge me $14 dollars for shipping 2 modules and two used companion books.  I asked politely to give me a quote for media mail, he said he gave me a discount, the original shipping was $21.

Needless to say I said in a more polite way F$ that, your not getting my money relist them.  He left me bad feedback said he was reporting me and that I would never be using paypal or ebay again.  I was able to reply to his lame negatives and I left my own for him warning potential buyers of his little shipping scam.

Anyhow I think Hieroglyphic books is now doing the "RARE", "SUPER RARE" thing too, cant blame them though.  It's ashame that there really isnt any way to enforce a code of ethics on sellers like game emporium.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:42 pm 

I agree - that is also why this forum is so very important - it provides an additional form of feedback which allows people to be more discursive and more informative (if also amusingly off topic as well!!)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:28 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:The game emporium is not only the most unscrupulous reseller of (A)D&D stuff on eBay, he is also a common thief, for he takes the money from his customers and does not send them their items. PD proved that he's a liar also.

We should do something to get this person removed from eBay.

Hi! I think its time I spoke Up. I've been recently told that I was pretty much getting Blasted on here? Ralf, I sent your Items. If I need to give you a FULL refund I will as well! I'm NO Thief...that's for sure. The NEW Customs forms now have a Copy for us to keep, that allows me to have Proof that I sent the item, where before there was no way at least to my knowledge. I'll be the first to admit that I've had some problems...but I'm trying my Best to work through them?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:30 am 

PurpleDragon wrote:I am sure that some of you remember this auction:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... gory=44112

Remember how the_game_emporium asked the seller to end the auction early so that the buyer could give them to his son as a present? Well...I guess his son didn't want them:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Ah, the gift that keeps on giving.

-PD

Now I Personally Explained this to you!? I'm trying to get the best for my son, and purchased the whole Series in the Shrink Wrap...so am I not allowed to sell the items I bought? I really dont understand what the big deal is? I gave you the amount of money you wanted?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:35 am 

thegameemporium wrote:
Terminal_Frost wrote:As much as his ads annoy me, he consistantly gets higher prices for his items than just about anyone else I have seen on ebay.

Even though he has a some bad feedback he has a lot of good feedbacks.  All of the bad feedbacks appear to complain about slow shipping too.

I have to say it still annoys me though that everything is ultra rare, rare, & mint in the title, then in the desccription the contents are "mint" and the cover worn like every other used module.  Not to mention none of the ietms are ultra rare or even rare.  :(

Its just selling guys!? That's all...Plain and simple. When you have 6 of the same item up at auction ANYTHING you can do to draw attention to your auctions does nothing but help. Everything I do in my auctions, was recommended to me by Ebay....as Good Selling Techniques. I sorry if its bother some, I'm just trying to do the best I can do? That's what Ebay is all about...sellsmanship. I'm a DIEHARD Collector....but yes I like to make money like Anyone else? My goodness...when did that become a crime?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:41 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:The game emporium is not only the most unscrupulous reseller of (A)D&D stuff on eBay, he is also a common thief, for he takes the money from his customers and does not send them their items. PD proved that he's a liar also.

Ralp, I sent your items...all three together? The NEW Customs Forms now has a copy that is now post marked for the sender to keep as proof of shipment. Before that, I knew of NO way to prove I sent something overseas? At least not to my knowledge? If you TRULY did not get your Items....than I'm WILLING to give you a FULL Refund! I'm FOR SURE not out to create enemies or upset anyone in ANY WAY...at least not on Purpose! I'll be the FIRST to admit, we've had our problems in the begining...but man I'm FOR SURE no crook or anything like that? Please email me, so I can fix this for you! I dont want any hard feelings...I dont even know you.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:49 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:Ralf wrote:

The game emporium is not only the most unscrupulous reseller of (A)D&D stuff on eBay, he is also a common thief, for he takes the money from his customers and does not send them their items. PD proved that he's a liar also.

the_eastern_treasure_chest!! was suspended by eBay.  I believe that eBay's policies restrict a suspended user from registering under a differrent name (or even another user in the same household).  If they proved to be the same seller than eBay should take the appropriate steps.

Paul, I emailed you and Spoke to you Personally. I wish someon would tell me who the HELL is the eastern treasure chest!!??? I'd like to email them, and get this Rediculous Rumor but to Rest! I use simple Fonts available to ANY one Ebay that wants to use them. As I said before, I'll be THE FIST to admit, that we've had our problems in the Begining...but I'm NO Thief! You dont even know me? Allow me to introduce myself...my Name is James Corvin...and I have nothing to hide from anyone? The ONLY thing that I can figure that has started this, is that we did have some delays in shipping...but I FOR SURE didn't ask to sent the sasser virus...that pretty much turned our computer Upside down! I will work through this...but its REALLY dis-tasteful to call someone a Thief that you DONT even Know!! James

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:59 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:Funny: A day after I left negative, two of the three items arrived, ten weeks after payment.

So you got Everything but the Kara-Tur Appendix...Correct?? I would have Refunded your money...but the next thing I get is Cussed out...and I dont even know you!? Let me know the Item Number so I can see the payment, and I'll Refund you? Starting alone...and doing too much at once...GUILTY. Getting hit with the sasser Virus...and about screwing everything up...GUILTY! But man I'm NO Thief! I'm still New to this, and have FOR SURE learnt more than I would care too, by the mistakes I've made. Dont want to get into a dispute...I just want to make it RIGHT! But I read your other Post...and I think before you Come to Wytheville...you had Better bring someone else with you! That's all I have to say about that! Making physical Threats to me? Come on....lets be Grown Ups...and stop with the childrens games. James If you want your Refund...Its Available. If you Want to keep up with this Ridculous junk...that's fine too. I'm saying my peace...and TRYING HARD to extend a hand as gesture of Good Faith Ralf...so I ask you to Please accept my Appologies. I am a Nice Guy, and NOBODY hated the problems more than I? James

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:52 am 

thegameemporium wrote:
thegameemporium wrote:

Its just selling guys!? That's all...Plain and simple. When you have 6 of the same item up at auction ANYTHING you can do to draw attention to your auctions does nothing but help. Everything I do in my auctions, was recommended to me by Ebay....as Good Selling Techniques. I sorry if its bother some, I'm just trying to do the best I can do? That's what Ebay is all about...sellsmanship. I'm a DIEHARD Collector....but yes I like to make money like Anyone else? My goodness...when did that become a crime?

It's not just selling, you are misrepresenting your items like a used car salesman.  You know what the stereotype of a used car salesman right?  Saying a Keep on the Borderlands is "rare" and Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan is "very rare" is an example.  Neither is rare nor very rare.

Ive spent years and thousands of dollars collecting on ebay.  You managed to rack up more negative and neutral feedbacks in 6 months than probably all of the people combined on here and as much as I like to spend money I refrained from spending on your items.

How is anyone supposed to trust you?

You have a ton of issues to resolve and its going to take a lot of work to get the peoples' trust again.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:14 am 

ROFLMAO, you tipped your hand. So you DID shill the Kobold Hall.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:58 pm 

thegameemporium wrote:
PurpleDragon wrote:I am sure that some of you remember this auction:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... gory=44112

Remember how the_game_emporium asked the seller to end the auction early so that the buyer could give them to his son as a present? Well...I guess his son didn't want them:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Ah, the gift that keeps on giving.

-PD

Now I Personally Explained this to you!? I'm trying to get the best for my son, and purchased the whole Series in the Shrink Wrap...so am I not allowed to sell the items I bought? I really dont understand what the big deal is? I gave you the amount of money you wanted?

Do you even pay attention to addresses? I live in Massachusetts and the person that you bought that H series auction does not. I am not the person who sold them to you. I am just someone who tracked the auction and waited for you to resell them because you asked the seller to end them early so you could give them to your son. Everyone here knew what you were doing so please do not play me for a fool.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:05 pm 

*More bumping*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:07 am 

*bumping again as he's back already*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Previous