Speaking of the H-series modules and Game_Emporium
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:14 am 

I am sure that some of you remember this auction:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... gory=44112

Remember how the_game_emporium asked the seller to end the auction early so that the buyer could give them to his son as a present? Well...I guess his son didn't want them:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

Ah, the gift that keeps on giving.

-PD

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:53 am 

The game emporium is not only the most unscrupulous reseller of (A)D&D stuff on eBay, he is also a common thief, for he takes the money from his customers and does not send them their items. PD proved that he's a liar also.

We should do something to get this person removed from eBay.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:07 am 

As much as his ads annoy me, he consistantly gets higher prices for his items than just about anyone else I have seen on ebay.

Even though he has a some bad feedback he has a lot of good feedbacks.  All of the bad feedbacks appear to complain about slow shipping too.

I have to say it still annoys me though that everything is ultra rare, rare, & mint in the title, then in the desccription the contents are "mint" and the cover worn like every other used module.  Not to mention none of the ietms are ultra rare or even rare.  :(

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:08 am 

You know if you were involved in that transaction maybe you should shoot those links over to that seller.  Maybe he will file a complaint or something or at least send hate mail. :)

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:11 am 

I finally got my package, 1 1/2 months late. I filed with Paypal, and that seemed to get the ball rolling. But I will not buy from him again, ever.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:12 pm 

I emailed the seller the links to all of the auctions last night and received a reply this morning:

"Thanks for the heads up.  I did notice they were back up for auction last week.  I confronted him about it and got another line that I can't disprove.  Use your own judgement, but I'd be wary of the Game Emporium.

Cole Crafts"

If I remember correctly, the seller was a bit wary but decided to just take a chance on a the game emporium's honesty. Unfortunately, as in most situations like this on ebay, the buyer proved to not be worthy of any trust.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:45 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Come on now, this is getting ridiculous! 8O  8O  8O

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:33 am 

He has no excuse. If you don't have enough help to deal with auctions, ummmm........Don't sell?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:46 am 

Ralf wrote:

The game emporium is not only the most unscrupulous reseller of (A)D&D stuff on eBay, he is also a common thief, for he takes the money from his customers and does not send them their items. PD proved that he's a liar also.

We should do something to get this person removed from eBay.

the_eastern_treasure_chest!! was suspended by eBay.  I believe that eBay's policies restrict a suspended user from registering under a differrent name (or even another user in the same household).  If they proved to be the same seller than eBay should take the appropriate steps.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:47 am 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Come on now, this is getting ridiculous! 8O  8O  8O

I guess the items rarity is the spelling.....yet its true....this seller gets more on average than any other by throwing around "mint" and "rare" like no other. Pretty basic strategy....take advantage of all the newbays, gullables, and the like that respond to this sort of marketing..obviously intelligence is not a factor on either side of the transaction...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:06 pm 

The only way to compete is to use the same sales strategy. I already am seeing other ebay hobby stores doing the same thing now.

I am tempted to do the same myself.  Course the difference being I will actually ship my items upon payment.  :lol:

Just think if EVERYONE says their stuff is mint, rare or ultra rare, those words wont mean dick anymore!

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:48 am 

The only way to compete is to use the same sales strategy. I
already am seeing other ebay hobby stores doing the same thing now.

I must say that there is another way!  I compete very well and never
stoop to such strategies.

The alternative? My feedback is exemplary and I give detailed descriptions of the item's condition.  Very large Scans are provided of both the front and back cover (or all the contents of boxed sets).  I believe that one of the key points to keep in mind is that many people do not know exactly what is contained in  a particular item.  It greatly increases the appeal (and bid price!) by showing the back of the item large enough for anyone to read the summary .

Furthermore - I ship almost instantly and all items are protected against any possible damage.  I get top selling prices for my items, though I must admit that I probably don't always equal the price of "common" items the_game_emporium sells.  This is mainly because I am content to list almost everything with a reasonable "Buy it Now" rather than wait to get the absolute maximum I can.  On the other hand - my overhead is almost nothing.  I use my own web hosting service (which costs just a pittance for virtually unlimited storage space), I never use a "Reserve", almost never start bids above $9.99 and NEVER pay eBay twice to relist (i.e. I always relist items that don't sell as something that I know is GUARANTEED to sell - thereby getting a "free" relist).  Oh yeah, and I don't have any employees to help me ship out stuff 6 weeks late.

Now, my point in all this in not to talk about what a "great seller" I am - just to emphasize that there are two ways to resell.  I bend over backwards and kiss the damn floor with my lips to provide the best service I possibly can.  And it pays off in the end. . . There is no denying that it takes a lot more effort to be an "honest" reseller, but I wouldn't even do it if I had to cheat, deceive or give poor service to people.  

Of course, I haven't been selling or sniping auctions lately, but that is because our first child is due to arrive Thursday, May 6th at 9:00 am. (Just thought I'd throw that in  :D )

Soon, all these bookshelves of stuff will have to go, however. . .

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:44 pm 

This might become boring for you, so this will be my last post concerning Game Emporium. I have started leaving negative feedback for him and will continue to do so on all items he cheated me on. I'll do this slowly, so that he has a negative feedback within the first 25 feedbacks at any time for the next days or even weeks.

If there are some of you out there still waiting for your stuff after too many weeks, it might be a good time to leave negatives now. If we can bring him below 98% and file complaints with eBay, there is a slight chance he will get kicked. For me it's worth a try.

This dude is unbelievable. I left negative and he sent me an email promising to refund the money (haha ...). A minute later he left retaliatory feedback.

One of the worst sort.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:49 pm 

Ralf,

I'm with you, brother.

This guy is in desperate need of a Motor City Beat Down! Maybe he will go to Gen Con...I could try and set up a little...ah...welcome....

Your plan has merit. Good Luck.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:48 am 

Funny: A day after I left negative, two of the three items arrived, ten weeks after payment.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:15 pm 

Hi - i checked out those links and his feedback - clearly suspect!!

On question - Rolph - why are you keeping your feedback "private" - this isn't meant to be rude, I am just wondering as I think it always looks a bit odd and i was curious why you made that decision??

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:21 pm 

red_bus wrote:On question - Rolph - why are you keeping your feedback "private" - this isn't meant to be rude, I am just wondering as I think it always looks a bit odd and i was curious why you made that decision??

It probably has to do with German (and perhaps EU in general) privacy laws being really strict.  For example, you can't do a search for completed auction bids of German bidders.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:12 am 

Do you like making fun of my name?

My feedback is private for two reasons:

1) I once got a packet stuck in customs. They calculated customs fee on the base of the printed auction. After that, I didn't want them to browse through my purchase history and find all that overseas auctions I had won.

2) I left it private and I like it! In my opinion, noone has the right to know what I bought or sold. If you don't like that, don't bid when I sell something. Until this week, I had a 100% positive feedback with one neutral. Now, Game Emporium left an unjustified retaliatory feedback (you can check it yourself and my reply by looking at the list of feedback  Game Emporium left).

Truth is, the eBay feedback system really doesn't work at all. Frank is right, you really need one ID for buying and one for selling. The evil habit of unjustified retaliatory feedback destroys it all.

Next