ebay stores
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:31 pm 

Does anyone have experience setting up an ebay store?  Is it worth doing if you have a lot of stuff to unload?

It seems like a bargain at $9.99/month, $.05 listing fees and a 30 day experiation.

The only thing I dont see is the traffic.  Items dont show up on a search, people have to go out of their way to get to your e-store.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:54 pm 

Seems like another eBay cash cow.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:07 pm 

All I know about them is that sellers appear to leave insanely high-priced merchandise to sit in them indefinitely, figuring they'll find a sucker eventually.

Don't like them at all - fixed price, non-auction selling is what half.com is supposed to be for.  :evil:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:15 pm 

mordrin wrote:All I know about them is that sellers appear to leave insanely high-priced merchandise to sit in them indefinitely, figuring they'll find a sucker eventually.

Don't like them at all - fixed price, non-auction selling is what half.com is supposed to be for.  :evil:

Since items in eBay stores do not show up in searches, it's kind of pointless from a seller's POV.  
And your second comment is spot on; fixed-price, non-auction selling is what half.com, which is excellent, is supposed to be for.  I don't think eBay has figured out how to reconcile the concept of eBay stores with half.com.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:01 pm 

mordrin wrote:Don't like them at all - fixed price, non-auction selling is what half.com is supposed to be for.  :evil:

Too bad ebay is closing down half.com They took the sofeware they wanted from half.com and now according to the last email I got from half.com/ebay 06/30 is the last of half.com I really like half.com for books. VHS tapes, and DVD I no longer wanted.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:29 pm 

zanarchist wrote:
mordrin wrote:Don't like them at all - fixed price, non-auction selling is what half.com is supposed to be for.  :evil:

Too bad ebay is closing down half.com They took the sofeware they wanted from half.com and now according to the last email I got from half.com/ebay 06/30 is the last of half.com I really like half.com for books. VHS tapes, and DVD I no longer wanted.

Really?  I never got that e-mail and I have a bunch of stuff I sell on half.com.  
That's a damn shame; half.com is a really good place to buy and sell books and DVDs.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:55 am 

The latest search results that eBay have implemented include store results. (It broke AuctionSieve... :(  )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:09 am 

nev wrote:The latest search results that eBay have implemented include store results. (It broke AuctionSieve... :(  )

Ya but not the basic store.  Only the most expensive one gets put in the search results, and that one is WAY too expensive for a small timer like me.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM