AN IDEA FOR AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE MAGAZINE
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:05 am 

As some of you know, I edit an e-zine in pdf format devoted to vintage games of all kinds: DM Magazine. Vintage in our case is all games published before 1995. So far the magazine is only in Italian and it has been a roaring success here  :D . The fact it's free surely adds to this  :wink: , but I think we have a nice selection of articles and features too. Now I was thinking about adding an English language section for giving the magazine an international readership, so giving possible foreign contributors a bigger incentive. Perhaps John Smith is not excited in seeing an article translated in a language he doesn't understand and read in a country he doesn't know  :? . But if your article might be read in all of Europe, North America and more, perhaps prospects are more intriguing. More, it would be nice having European contributors working together.

Many years ago there was an Italian Star Wars fanzine, a good quality publication, that inaugurated an English section for international readers. The contents were not simply a translation of the magazine, it was a brand new feature that you had to know English to read. It was a great idea. I'd like to repeat the feat and, with time, splitting the magazine in two separate publications.

Disclaimer: the magazine is for free and nobody gest paid anything. We do this for the pleasure of it. So if you are an evil greedy gamer, well, that's not the place for you  :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:36 pm 

Sotterraneo wrote:More, it would be nice having European contributors working together.

Europeans and Americans I meant  :mrgreen: