Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 56 of 135123 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 133134135
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:19 pm 

Welcome leggi and muddyboots.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The conversations vary but often include comic books.  Just last week Badmike and I were talking about the latest issues of Green Lantern.

We also talk quite a bit about guns and the death penalty.  But it's all in good fun.  Welcome Leigh!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:34 pm 

Welcome Leggi...and Muddyboots, if I didn't say so before!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 am 

Very interesting forum you have here.  I am glad that this site/ forum was created and that everyone has worked so hard to improve and maintain it.  You have my thanks and admiration.

As for me, I have a small personal collection of TSR 1st Edition AD&D that I have had since back in the 70-80's when I was a player/DM.  I have recently began trying to complete my collection and stumbled on this forum while researching some prices and descriptions of what I need.  It has quickly became the go to resource for researching prices, buyers, sellers, descriptions of things that I need in addition to its entertainment value.  It is amazing that when I read many of the posts, people from around the world remind me of guys and gals that I knew and gamed with "back in the day."
Thanks to everyone for reminding me of some of my fondest memories.  I look forward to "speaking" with you all in the future.  Now I just need to figure out how to add (and find) a cool avatar.

Last edited by OBXHarvey on Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:55 am 

OBXHarvey wrote:Now I just need to figure out how to add (and find) a cool avatar.

First of all, welcome to the site ... I think you'll find that there's a wealth of knowledge here and a diverse community that has different specialties and areas of interest.

Secondly, the avatar thing is pretty easy. Once you find what you like and get it shrunk down to a decent size (and I think the final image has to be saved as a jpeg or gif), you just have to upload it to some form of host and then use your profile settings to point to that exact URL (the "link to off-site avatar" box)

There's lots of choices for image hosting, although that's not my specialty (I use Apple's servers, which I rent space on). I think it can be done through services such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc. ... maybe someone else will chime in to let me know if I'm off-base with that.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:33 am 

Hi, aaargghh, I hate introductions. Anyway, I'm 3headedmonkey and at the moment I'm currently trying to collect, Spelljammer, Al Qadim and Forgotten Realms settings. I'm not into collecting for value, I'm an active RPD'er who just enjoys getting new inspiration from old material. I'm originally from Africa but I now live in the UK. Cool, ok  /introduction

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:00 am 

I found this forum by accident.
I was googling Jim Perelman.
You can follow the threads to my story and an article that ran in the L.A. Times for more.

I quit playing/DMing when I finished high school but did manage to get a ton of collectible stuff and then stuck it all in storage for over 25 years.  Now I find out it's worth a ton of cash...So I have ALL the basic and advanced D&D aand AD&D books, modules, maps, other RPGs and play aids, some minatures and a big assortment of dice.  I went to GenCon XIV, and brought back some cool souvenirs.  I almost sold everything on Criagslist last year, now I'm glad I didn't.  I don't game anymore but have a huge unfinished campaign "The Valley of The Mage" (and I'll let the mystery remain).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:38 am 

Nice collection there!  It is worth a tidy sum.

For what it's worth, there is now a AD&D module WG12 entitled, "Vale of the Mage."  But, maybe you'll find yourself another adventuring crew and finish that campaign.  One way to find fellow adventurers is through a forum on a web-site called Dragonsfoot.  Here's the link to the "Looking for Games/Gamers" threads.

Dragonsfoot • View forum - Looking for Games/Gamers

I got out of collecting D&D stuff for quite a few years so you are facing a situation I faced about three years ago.  It's amazing how your mind jumps right back to a bunch of great memories.  Anyway, I decided to sell a bunch of the more valuable stuff that I really wasn't going to use or need and kept the core books and some adventures and things I might read or need again.  Then I used the gains to buy some things I'd always wanted when I was younger and still had cash left over.  Now I use my limited expertise to buy collections/stock and sell it on eBay.

If you decide to sell anything on eBay, the crew here is the best I know at helping people maximize their profits and experience.  For example, you might be surprised to know that January and February are arguably the best months of the year to sell things on eBay or that Sunday night is the main block of time most people sell RPG's on eBay(I sell on Saturday night).  Also, before you start selling, there are several eBayers you will want to add to your blocked buyers/sellers list.  And those suggestions are just for starters!  However you need help, you are likely to find it here. :)

Welcome to The Acaeum!

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:24 am 

Greetings All!  I've been browsing around this wonderful site for a little longer than a year now and I just realized I never (read-I'm an idiot and never noticed this thread before :oops: ) properly introduced myself!  Sheesh!  Anyways, my name is Tim (my eBay handle is Blacknight88) and I'm glad to be here!  I've done business with some of the best folks everyone here already knows (Mike B. and Brian) and some of the worst (Cougster and Creep).

I'm 38 and I've been playing off and on since 1979, usually in my favorite setting-Greyhawk.  I'm married with two daughters and really wish my regular gaming group wasn't slowly disentegrating due to people moving away, losing interest in the game, etc.-especially now that my kids are getting older and I actually have free time again! :)  

Thanks again to Mike B. and Grodog for attemping to answer my Dark and Hidden Ways question a few months back.  

See you in the forums-keep your blades sharp and your powder dry!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:04 am 

Welcome blacknight88! I too am 38 years old. However, like many here I haven't gamed for years. I have three sons, and am just biding my time until they are old enough to have a family Roleplaying group!!!

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:58 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Welcome blacknight88! I too am 38 years old. However, like many here I haven't gamed for years. I have three sons, and am just biding my time until they are old enough to have a family Roleplaying group!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome Hermit-much appreciated!  I look forward to introducing my girls to the hobby if they happen to be so inclined in a couple of years :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:45 am 

Hey everybody! I started collecting OOP D&D/AD&D modules and resource books about a year ago. The last time I played D&D was in 1991, well except for an extremely boring PBeM game. My collection is coming along slowly, but have decided recently to spend more time and money making it bigger. I use the same user name on ebay, and have maybe purchased from some of you, or asked shipping questions. I look forward to our future dealings.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:27 am 

Welcome xraygord!  You'll find this to be a great place to help you as you build the collection you always wanted. :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 pm 

Since I've posted elsewhere without an intro, I'll post an intro. I have a little collection that I've recently started expanding. Mainly stuff I remember from when I used to game as a teen (a long time ago in the late 70's and early 80's).

A shout out to any Winter Warriors out there. Those were good times at FLB. :)

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:06 pm 

Join the merriment and be prepared to burn some plastic

:lol:

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:45 pm 

Hmm slightly arse about face post as I have already posted in another couple of threads a little while ago  :?  I played D&D as a 10-14 yr old and 20 yrs later I started to feel nostalgic, a fairly typical story no doubt :). Not a serious collector in any way but still looking for a couple of bits in the classifieds. Seems like a pleasant and interesting forum this . :)

Tim

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:49 pm 

No worries, Alpha ... I still haven't introduced myself to these clowns. It's right there on my to-do list: "post on that 'introduce yourself' thread." I guess it just never happened ...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:57 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:No worries, Alpha ... I still haven't introduced myself to these clowns. It's right there on my to-do list: "post on that 'introduce yourself' thread." I guess it just never happened ...

We'll it only took all of one post for us all to figure out you were a jack-ass anyway. :twisted:  So who the heck needed any more of an intro than that?  :P  :lol:  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 56 of 135123 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 133134135