Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 55 of 135123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 133134135
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:13 pm 

Hello Cheky - Nice Avatar!

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:54 pm 

le Rahib wrote:Welcome Checky !

Glad to meet another continental collector!
Spanish D&D items are more than unsual, aren't they?
:)

Yes more unsual.  :P

dbartman wrote:Hello Cheky - Nice Avatar!

Thx dbartman  :wink:

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:07 pm 

Hi all, I'm Muddyboots.
I guess I'm going to skew the age trend a little at early 40's. I've been playing D&D since the first Monster Manual came out. I actually started with the Pamphlets. I have active 1E and 3.5E campaigns (players ranging from 12-78.) In the real world I split my time between professional Tech Theater and Mountain Guiding, and writing. I also do some Iron age living history. I didn't know I was a collector until I bought a "new" 1st printing PHB. I found the Acaeum and discovered that I have a treasure trove. I really enjoy this site! Thanks to aia for sending me to the intro thread!

Muddyboots

Been there, Done that.

No, I mean in the REAL world.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:15 pm 

Hi, Muddyboots! Welcome, from one theatre professional to another :)

Tech isn't my strong suit, but I direct and stage manage quite a bit...and I don't think you're skewing the ages at all, most of the people I've met here are in their late-30s or early to mid-40s, so you're right in there...

Enjoy this site; it's the best D&D collector's site I've found thus far, and I am glad to be a small voice in the forums.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:35 pm 

Absolutely - we are mostly older here.  I think 30s to 40s (with a few exceptions either side).  Welcome.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:45 pm 

A few Acaeum members are in their 500s, but that's mainly the elves.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:21 am 

Hello!

My name's Leigh, I'm 37. D&D-wise I'm into Forgotten Realms. Otherwise I collect comics (mainly Marvel), sci-fi (mainly Doctor Who) and cds.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:36 am 

leggi wrote:Hello!

My name's Leigh, I'm 37. D&D-wise I'm into Forgotten Realms. Otherwise I collect comics (mainly Marvel), sci-fi (mainly Doctor Who) and cds.

Welcome aboard!  We need more Whovians.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:50 am 

leggi wrote:Hello!

Welcome to The Acaeum Leigh.  Glad to see another comic book collector on the forum.  If you are interested, some of us chat every Friday around 7 or 8 pm central standard time.  The conversations vary but often include comic books.  Just last week Badmike and I were talking about the latest issues of Green Lantern. You can find the thread with the link here.

Unofficial Acaeum Online Live Chat

And I just noticed that you are in the UK so that might be a bit late for you but a few of our other UK members will get on the chat a bit earlier.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:32 am 

OK thanks. As you say it's a bit late as I'm in the UK but you never know!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:19 pm 

Welcome leggi and muddyboots.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:The conversations vary but often include comic books.  Just last week Badmike and I were talking about the latest issues of Green Lantern.

We also talk quite a bit about guns and the death penalty.  But it's all in good fun.  Welcome Leigh!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:34 pm 

Welcome Leggi...and Muddyboots, if I didn't say so before!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 am 

Very interesting forum you have here.  I am glad that this site/ forum was created and that everyone has worked so hard to improve and maintain it.  You have my thanks and admiration.

As for me, I have a small personal collection of TSR 1st Edition AD&D that I have had since back in the 70-80's when I was a player/DM.  I have recently began trying to complete my collection and stumbled on this forum while researching some prices and descriptions of what I need.  It has quickly became the go to resource for researching prices, buyers, sellers, descriptions of things that I need in addition to its entertainment value.  It is amazing that when I read many of the posts, people from around the world remind me of guys and gals that I knew and gamed with "back in the day."
Thanks to everyone for reminding me of some of my fondest memories.  I look forward to "speaking" with you all in the future.  Now I just need to figure out how to add (and find) a cool avatar.

Last edited by OBXHarvey on Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:55 am 

OBXHarvey wrote:Now I just need to figure out how to add (and find) a cool avatar.

First of all, welcome to the site ... I think you'll find that there's a wealth of knowledge here and a diverse community that has different specialties and areas of interest.

Secondly, the avatar thing is pretty easy. Once you find what you like and get it shrunk down to a decent size (and I think the final image has to be saved as a jpeg or gif), you just have to upload it to some form of host and then use your profile settings to point to that exact URL (the "link to off-site avatar" box)

There's lots of choices for image hosting, although that's not my specialty (I use Apple's servers, which I rent space on). I think it can be done through services such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc. ... maybe someone else will chime in to let me know if I'm off-base with that.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:33 am 

Hi, aaargghh, I hate introductions. Anyway, I'm 3headedmonkey and at the moment I'm currently trying to collect, Spelljammer, Al Qadim and Forgotten Realms settings. I'm not into collecting for value, I'm an active RPD'er who just enjoys getting new inspiration from old material. I'm originally from Africa but I now live in the UK. Cool, ok  /introduction

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:00 am 

I found this forum by accident.
I was googling Jim Perelman.
You can follow the threads to my story and an article that ran in the L.A. Times for more.

I quit playing/DMing when I finished high school but did manage to get a ton of collectible stuff and then stuck it all in storage for over 25 years.  Now I find out it's worth a ton of cash...So I have ALL the basic and advanced D&D aand AD&D books, modules, maps, other RPGs and play aids, some minatures and a big assortment of dice.  I went to GenCon XIV, and brought back some cool souvenirs.  I almost sold everything on Criagslist last year, now I'm glad I didn't.  I don't game anymore but have a huge unfinished campaign "The Valley of The Mage" (and I'll let the mystery remain).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:38 am 

Nice collection there!  It is worth a tidy sum.

For what it's worth, there is now a AD&D module WG12 entitled, "Vale of the Mage."  But, maybe you'll find yourself another adventuring crew and finish that campaign.  One way to find fellow adventurers is through a forum on a web-site called Dragonsfoot.  Here's the link to the "Looking for Games/Gamers" threads.

Dragonsfoot • View forum - Looking for Games/Gamers

I got out of collecting D&D stuff for quite a few years so you are facing a situation I faced about three years ago.  It's amazing how your mind jumps right back to a bunch of great memories.  Anyway, I decided to sell a bunch of the more valuable stuff that I really wasn't going to use or need and kept the core books and some adventures and things I might read or need again.  Then I used the gains to buy some things I'd always wanted when I was younger and still had cash left over.  Now I use my limited expertise to buy collections/stock and sell it on eBay.

If you decide to sell anything on eBay, the crew here is the best I know at helping people maximize their profits and experience.  For example, you might be surprised to know that January and February are arguably the best months of the year to sell things on eBay or that Sunday night is the main block of time most people sell RPG's on eBay(I sell on Saturday night).  Also, before you start selling, there are several eBayers you will want to add to your blocked buyers/sellers list.  And those suggestions are just for starters!  However you need help, you are likely to find it here. :)

Welcome to The Acaeum!

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 55 of 135123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 133134135