Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 135123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 133134135
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:33 pm 

Eeeeck! More texans - this can't be good.  Welcome aboard Svetgar.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:38 am 

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in San Antonio.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:14 am 

Svetgar wrote:I live in San Antonio.

Stay away from the Half-Price Books in SA!  I haven't been to those yet!   :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:30 am 

Greetings All!

I've been a collector and an archivest and indexer, but I'm a scavenger at heart. Something like the character James Garner played in the movie 'The Great Escape' but with toys and games, collectables and antiques, instead of escape tools. Thinking about it, maybe I have been scrounging escape tools...

I've had a strange amount of luck in my finds, treasure hunting though the type of treasure keeps changing as the times change.

I haven't visted the Acaeum since it first went up. Think I sold a Daystar West module to someone who set the place up. I'm glad to have rediscovered the site and this forum.

Glad to be here
Jason

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:16 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:Greetings All!

I've been a collector and an archivest and indexer, but I'm a scavenger at heart. Something like the character James Garner played in the movie 'The Great Escape' but with toys and games, collectables and antiques, instead of escape tools. Thinking about it, maybe I have been scrounging escape tools...

I've had a strange amount of luck in my finds, treasure hunting though the type of treasure keeps changing as the times change.

I haven't visted the Acaeum since it first went up. Think I sold a Daystar West module to someone who set the place up. I'm glad to have rediscovered the site and this forum.

Glad to be here
Jason

I thought I recognized the name.  I swear I have seen it referenced somewhere on this site...but cant remember where exactly.  Oh well...welcome (back) to the forums Jason.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:51 pm 

hey jason! welcome to the Acaeum. hope you enjoy it here....can get quite lively around these here parts at times, hope you will join in and contribute too :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:03 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I thought I recognized the name.  I swear I have seen it referenced somewhere on this site...but cant remember where exactly.  Oh well...welcome (back) to the forums Jason.

Jason was one of the original sellers of RPG stuff on the internet way back in the day (early to mid 90s), along with myself, Dragonstrove, Titan games (the original incarnation with Quincey Kozoil), Sages guild, and a couple others.  Back when the aol forums, then the Usenet rpgmarketplace, were the mediums of trade before Ebay. A stand up guy.  Also is "connected" in the gaming community, I think he has some very informative Greyhawk indexes that have been published by the RPGA or in Dragon Magazine, I forget which.  A nostalgic welcome!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:05 pm 

Svetgar wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

I live in San Antonio.

We are going to divide up Texas into sections pretty soon...

Then, the world!!!!!! :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:06 pm 

Badmike wrote:Then, the world!!!!!! :D

Mike B.

not a chance my friend :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:30 pm 

Better keep an eye on them Texans.  Every now and then they seem to get a case of the crazies.  Must be the oversized belt buckles and the 10 gallon hats.  Or maybe it is just the heat.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:30 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Better keep an eye on them Texans.  Every now and then they seem to get a case of the crazies.  Must be the oversized belt buckles and the 10 gallon hats.  Or maybe it is just the heat.

Martin

It's not the heat...it's the humidity.  PDT_Armataz_01_35

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:21 am 

Hello to The Acaeum family,

I want to give Thanks to FormCritic for the invitation.My name is Chris.I was collecting comics books and bought from this hobby store i became friendly with the owner and found out there was an opening and asked to work and got the job.I worked for the hobby shop from 1980 to 1984 until it closed its doors.As time went by they started having games run there.First game run was Robotech and then the others fell in line after that.One night i was working a guy was running AD&D and i listened in and was interested and asked about it and the following game i made a character and was hooked eversince.

Best Regards,
Chris

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:58 am 

Finoreddrale wrote:Hello to The Acaeum family,

I want to give Thanks to FormCritic for the invitation.My name is Chris.I was collecting comics books and bought from this hobby store i became friendly with the owner and found out there was an opening and asked to work and got the job.I worked for the hobby shop from 1980 to 1984 until it closed its doors.As time went by they started having games run there.First game run was Robotech and then the others fell in line after that.One night i was working a guy was running AD&D and i listened in and was interested and asked about it and the following game i made a character and was hooked eversince.

Best Regards,
Chris

Welcome,

I'm new here myself but glad to see another long time gamer start posting.

My first taste of RPGs came from an Avalon Hill game called outdoor survival, but when I came across that first D&D boxed set I was hooked for good.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:52 am 

Thanks JasonZavoda  :D  !!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:14 pm 

Welcome, Finoreddrale!  Good to see you on the forum!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:35 pm 

stumbling tiger wrote:Welcome, Finoreddrale!  Good to see you on the forum!

Quite right too!!
(Every collector/enthusiast should be a member here - the depth of knowledge can be quite astounding - and people are very ready to share!)

Carl

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:51 pm 

Welcome aboard Finoreddrale!   :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:27 pm 

Well, I've been lurking for pretty much forever, so I suppose I should at least post in the Intro thread.

Howdy, another Texan.  :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 53 of 135123 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 133134135