Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 51 of 135123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:20 am 

Hi Dave welcome to the Acaeum. I myself have been coming here for years. I only started posting a few months ago...i have to say this is one of my favourite web sites, and i love coming here for information, entertainment and humour...it has it all.ATOM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:57 pm 

Hello all! Long time reader who just got around to finally making an account on the boards. You can call me Zen, most people do. I've been playing D&D pretty consistently for the past 20 years or so, since early high school. As my playing time declined, I discovered my love of collecting.

My favorite pieces currently include my 5th printing original set (the one with the man on the cover, but still mentions Hobbits and Ents) that I purchased at a Gen Con auction (Frank Mentzer was the auctioneer!) for $15. Frank later told me about the cover/printing snafu, and said I got one of the best deals at the auction. :)

I also have a copy of S1, Tomb of Horrors, signed by Gary Gygax himself...it says "Happy Gaming.....? Gary Gygax" Very cool.

I look forward to great discussions here, and hope you all have as much fun with your collections as I do with mine. Thanks.

Zen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:03 am 

Welcome Zen,

nice to see new blood - a player as well as a collector - I'm jealous!

Carl :D

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:41 am 

Zenfinite wrote:"Happy Gaming.....? Gary Gygax"

"Happy"? ... Tomb of Horrors"? I didn't think those two things went together ...  :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:45 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:"Happy"? ... Tomb of Horrors"? I didn't think those two things went together ...  :)

You were a player not the DM, right?

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:35 pm 

Hi all. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I love to play D&D and most any other roleplaying game. I grew up playing 2nd edition with my dad and now I own pretty much every 3.5 book that is out. (Even though all the money goes to WoTC.) Anyways besides all my 3.5 books I also have a good sized collection of D&D PC games as well. I also collect Magic cards, Miniatures, Comics, Coins and Stamps.

Anyways I just started collecting the older D&D books because I got back into wanting to play some second edition with friends and show them what they are missing. Also my dad gave me an Original D&D Collectors Set (6th Printing I believe) for me to start my collection for the pre AD&D days. I currently have a meager collection of AD&D books and the Collectors Set my dad gave me. I have been using the site here to look up cost and pricing so that I may buy the older books and pay a good price for them. Thank you for the resource.

A little about myself.. I am 22 years old(23 in September) and I currently work as a Computer Consultant for a company here in Dallas. I like to play D&D as well as play computer games, soccer, basketball and other various sports.(Yeah! Computer gaming is a sport.) I am also a LARPer(Live Action Role Play.) I currently CO-Own a chapter of NERO(New England Role Playing Organization) here in the Dallas/FT Worth area. Check it out sometime when you have a chance.

It a pretty fun game where you can run around in the woods and beat people with "nerf bats."

Anyways glad to be a part of the site. Thanks for all the information provided here. Oh and if you see me bidding on you items now you know why!! (My ebay ID is attached to signature.)

David

ebay id:
taintedessence

WWW YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:04 pm 

Blackfire wrote: I am also a LARPer(Live Action Role Play.) I currently CO-Own a chapter of NERO(New England Role Playing Organization) here in the Dallas/FT Worth area. Check it out sometime when you have a chance.

I recently saw two NERO books at a Half-Price Books in Dallas.  Did you plant those?   :D

Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:12 pm 

HAHA no. But if you join up you get one for free! :)

David

ebay id:
taintedessence

WWW YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:37 pm 

gyg wrote:You were a player not the DM, right?

[Off-topic alert! (I'll keep it short, I promise)]

Actually, I take it back: as a player, I had one of the greatest D&D-related moments of my life while adventuring in the Tomb of Horrors.

A year or so ago, I was playing a Neverwinter Nights version of ToH with my oldest and best friend (it's the only way we can play now). So we get to the chapel and we're poking around, and he wants to go into the little room off to the side ... you know, the one with the skeleton pointing at it.

So I say: "Uhhhhh ... I'll hang back and guard the rear." But he can't resist, so he takes his 22nd-level paladin into the little room ... and the character comes back as a chicken. 8O

I swear, I laughed so hard I thought I was going to hyperventilate. The best part was that it was a 22nd-level chicken with high magic resistance, great bonuses, all kinds of spells, etc. It just couldn't hold any weapons. :)

Ah, good times ...

[/end threadjack]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:44 pm 

LOL! Neverwinter Nights is a brilliant game. I still play it myself. I fronted
the Community Creature Project (CCP) for about 9 months. Must have made about 150 plus custom creatures for NWN with 3DSMAX7. And i too prefer the PNP Mod conversions.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:47 pm 

The best part was that it was a 22nd-level chicken with high magic resistance, great bonuses, all kinds of spells, etc. It just couldn't hold any weapons.  

22nd level "Lay on Wings" healing lol!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:55 pm 

Sounds like a D&D version of the old joke about "why did the chicken cross the road?":

Q:  Why did the chicken go into the castle?
A:  To become a spell-casting, magic-resistant, etc., 22nd-level paladin.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:09 pm 

The best part was that it was a 22nd-level chicken with high magic resistance, great bonuses, all kinds of spells, etc. It just couldn't hold any weapons

Most PC's would fear the demi-lich (crackerjack or whatever his name is!) - this paladin has a new Nemesis, a shady character known only as........(drum roll) ........ THE COLONEL

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:02 pm 

Hi all.  Long time lurker, new poster.  I put a thread up in the 'Collecting Appraisal'  forum so I thought I should introduce myself.  My name is Kyle and I'm 38, like lots of people here I started playing in the early 80's (82) with the red and blue boxes.   I currently play 3.x ed. D&D.  But I still like to fill the holes in my back collection now and then. Thanks for your time. Happy collecting.   :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:47 pm 

Welcome, Kyle.  Careful, once you start posting here, your appetite for collecting will increase exponentially.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 pm 

Welcome, Kyle.

Nice to see another 3.5 player join the party here.

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:41 pm 

Hello, I'm serleran, though in real life I get called Robert (not sure why.) I collect mostly everything (except fantasy novels, since I don't like to read them) and freelance write for current game companies, primarily Troll Lord Games and their C&C line (I co-wrote Monsters and Treasure, if you were interested in knowing), but I play anything that I find interesting. There was a 20-year gap in RPG history where I barely managed to get anything (lack of funds, and, well, I was living at home and my mom did not approve of "devil books"), and most of that was Shadowrun, which I was forced into selling, and so, my major goal is to get it all back. Anyway, I'll be something in the early 30s this December, and I started playing with just the OAD&D DMG (didn't have the PHB or MM) so I've been a "developer" since the get-go.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:52 pm 

Hello, I'm serleran, though in real life I get called Robert (not sure why.)

Funny :lol:

Welcome!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 51 of 135123 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 133134135