Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 49 of 135123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 133134135
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:34 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Well, whats his account name then in case he changes his mind?

I dont think at this point he would want me to say.  I don't think this is the place for me.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:34 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:No problem.  :D

(By the way, do any of the other regulars ever get the sinking feeling that they forgot to post in the "introduce yourself" thread?)

Hi, I'm Deimos.  I've been collecting this stuff for no good reason for several decades.  I specialize in purchasing the affordable downtrodden and forgotten bits that other people pass by on eBay.  Then I look for specific printing tidbits and post them in a randomly selected thread that has nothing to do with the topic at hand...it's fun.

Welcome Deimos, I'm sure we'll hear lots about said printings and your collection. Don't be shy now, its okay to post.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:36 pm 

No, I am not from Washington, I'm from Pennsylvania.  And no, I am not Mary McWhortir or some one who knows her, aside from thw question I asked her about the DMG and her response.  I got my info about the printing from this site, so I thought I would check out the forum since I wa thinking of getting an ebay password and bidding on some things.  I can see now that I made a mistake.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:45 pm 

Flatlander wrote:No, I am not from Washington, I'm from Pennsylvania.  And no, I am not Mary McWhortir or some one who knows her, aside from thw question I asked her about the DMG and her response.  I got my info about the printing from this site, so I thought I would check out the forum since I wa thinking of getting an ebay password and bidding on some things.  I can see now that I made a mistake.

Intersting that you aren't Mary McWhortir and you don't know Mary McWhortir but somehow you know her full name name to be Mary McWhortir ???  You know I was born at night, but unfortunately for you it was not last night....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:52 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:BC,

In all fairness, the seller (a Mary McWhorter) did not advertise the book as a 1st print, as I have been watching it. We (NetRodent) are the ones who posted it here as a first print. Mary was kind enough to send me additional photos and the ISBN on the back cover tipped me off, as I forgot that the number of pages should be 232, as opposed to 238  

On the other hand, you are correct about the image for the item, as the photo of the cover she sent me does not look as nice as the one on eBay. If someone wants to see these, I will post them, but I did not want to take up too much space unnecessarily.

I got the last name from this site, you ridiculus putz!  I only knew her as "mary" from the e-mail she sent me.  Do you do this to eveyrone?  What a jerk!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:57 pm 

Flatlander wrote:
I got the last name from this site, you ridiculus putz!  I only knew her as "mary" from the e-mail she sent me.  Do you do this to eveyrone?  What a jerk!

No only those who come here under false pretenses.  You expect me to believe that you are unafiliated with the seller yet you magically have no bidding ID of your own, the one that you claim that you use you won't give away, you know the sellers full name.  Your first post here introducing yourself really didn't introduce yourself at all and your second post here was one that defended this seller that you claim not to know.  Do you really think that I am that naive?

Anywa, Did I mention that we should all welcome our newest poster Kires1?  Hi Kires1!! :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:59 pm 

I'll go then, if I'm unwelcome.  Sorry to interrupt your little circle jerk.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:23 pm 

Flatlander wrote:I'll go then, if I'm unwelcome.  Sorry to interrupt your little circle jerk.

No one said you were unwelcome.  You are right, I have been rude.  Did you say that your name was David?  Sorry David. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:31 pm 

Wow.  Maybe I am a tad bit slow, as has been so eloquently proven by the forum police, but what exactly did she do wrong?  At this point, I am asking the other bystanders and not the police/judge/jury/executioner.

I have been exchanging pm's with Lorin who is trying to determine exactly how she deserved this.  I am afraid I can't provide much in the form of an explanation aside from consoling her and insisting that this is not typically how folks are treated here.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:57 pm 

Boreas wrote:Wow.  Maybe I am a tad bit slow, as has been so eloquently proven by the forum police, but what exactly did she do wrong?  At this point, I am asking the other bystanders and not the police/judge/jury/executioner.

I have been exchanging pm's with Lorin who is trying to determine exactly how she deserved this.  I am afraid I can't provide much in the form of an explanation aside from consoling her and insisting that this is not typically how folks are treated here.

Is this the best that you and Radovarl can do?  Your lame attempts at trying to get me to look bad isn't going to work.  If you want though, I can contact Foulfoot and have him check the IPs of both Radovarl and Flatlander to confirm that they are one in the same.

Anyway, like I said above Boreas, is there anything about D&D Collecting on this forum that you would like to discuss or contribute?  You are at almost 50 posts now and the only D&D Collecting that you have discussed here so far was the selling of your PotVQ and that was almost 2 months ago now.  Everything else han been OT garbage.  Are you here to discuss D&D collecting??

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:45 pm 

edit: nm.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:17 pm 

Hi, my name is Matt, and I've been collecting D&D memorabilia on and off (mostly ON  :D ) since I was about 8 or 9.

I still remember saving up - dollar by dollar - for the 12 bucks to buy my first "Monster Manual," only to be screwed by 76 CENTS OF TAX and have to wait ANOTHER week....(I suppose my folks wanted to teach me a lesson...but having it in my hand as a kid only to put it back HURT!)

I sell on eBay under the user ID centerstagehobbies - it's kind of a second income for me, since at 35 - and fairly recently divorced - I'm a full-time student again. Here in my hometown (or Cleveland area), I'm one of those guys who can "find" old things...so I am always stumbling across people who say - "I've got a box of THAT stuff you can have for $$$$" and I'm selling the extras online.

That being said, do I really have to talk about my favorite D&D character, like somebody suggested? That would kind of make me feel like one of those 20-somethings, still living at home in the basement, and stuff...

At any rate, thanks to many of you for being so welcoming, and I'll continue to prowl the forums!

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:40 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:That being said, do I really have to talk about my favorite D&D character, like somebody suggested?

NO! I was kidding!  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:50 pm 

Thank god. I was getting ready to rip out the ole' horn-rimmed glasses and buck teeth.

:)

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:10 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:That would kind of make me feel like one of those 20-somethings, still living at home in the basement

You'll find no one like that around here!

We're mostly in our 30s and 40s.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:39 pm 

i never had a basement either :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:40 pm 

bombadil wrote:We're mostly in our 30s and 40s.

And that "basement" thing is a myth, too. We rent the rooms above our parents' garages.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:58 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:And that "basement" thing is a myth, too. We rent the rooms above our parents' garages.

Your parents have a garage? You're so posh!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 49 of 135123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 133134135