Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 135123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:06 pm 

Thanks for the welcome.  I'll check out the Classified section.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:24 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I do not understand...and might never understand...the benefit of growing up.   :P

Mark

I get more sex now than I did back then, and I'm allowed to buy my own beer now :D

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:10 am 

FormCritic wrote:Welcome Radovarl!

Hang on to your d20 stuff.  Or...send it to me!  :twisted:

I do plan on holding onto the d20 stuff for now (though I would not be averse to trading some of it for AD&D mods, if anyone's interested).  I'd never part with my A Game of Thrones OGL, my Midnight books, or the three "Core" 3.5 books, but I have a bunch of Dragonstar and Dawnforge I might let go of sometime.

Of all the sales you made, the first one...to the 14 year-old...was the best choice.

The cliche' gamer "grows up" and gives up gaming.  The fact is that they often "come back" to gaming (which they never really left) or they come back by getting their game fix in electronic RPG gaming.

Mark

Definitely.  I both got drunk for the first time and lost my virginity the second weekend of freshman year, LOL.  If I hadn't ditched the D&D stuff, I'd probably have been poring over my copy of Keep on the Borderlands in my dorm room instead :).  I actually did give up gaming for about 2 years, then got sucked back in...hard.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:50 am 

Radovarl wrote:I actually did give up gaming for about 2 years, then got sucked back in...hard.

Nothing wrong with that.

SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!

Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:17 pm 

Greetings all,

Prismatic_dm here. Just signed up today. Another Canadian chiming in. Pouring over many threads searching for secret, hidden codes to find, decipher, and win super-cheap, rare Dungeons & Dragons auctions ...

No luck yet. :D

Seriously, though, hail to you folks and I look forward to getting to know the collecting community in the future! I don't think I know anyone here except Blackmoor -- I bought Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth from him recently. I do recognize a few names from elsewhere on the internet, though.

Anyway, cheers!

Steve

P.S. Who is this Cougar-Freya-nard?!? Any other IDs I should watch out for at eBay? Is there a thread for this? Thanks!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:54 pm 

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the Acaeum.  Always good to see another Canadian around :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:29 pm 

prismatic_dm wrote:Greetings all,

Prismatic_dm here. Just signed up today. Another Canadian chiming in. Pouring over many threads searching for secret, hidden codes to find, decipher, and win super-cheap, rare Dungeons & Dragons auctions ...

No luck yet. :D

Seriously, though, hail to you folks and I look forward to getting to know the collecting community in the future! I don't think I know anyone here except Blackmoor -- I bought Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth from him recently. I do recognize a few names from elsewhere on the internet, though.

Anyway, cheers!

Steve

P.S. Who is this Cougar-Freya-nard?!? Any other IDs I should watch out for at eBay? Is there a thread for this? Thanks!

Welcome aboard, good to see another Canuck here :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:02 pm 

Erik (aka Kires1) here.  Just signed up today.  I've been a long time D&D'r back to the early 80's.  I've been collecting on and off for the past couple years, basically when I have a little extra money (like tax refund time...)

I totally love the Acaeum site. I've learned so much from it over the years, I can't imagine where else one would go to gain such information.

My favorite item in my collection has to be the Up the Garden Path that I just recently purchased from Bombadil.  A close second is an orange B3 shrink that I've had for a few years.  Most sentimental item in my collection is my original Fiend Folio I've had for almost 25 years.  At 13 yrs of age I filled out the last page questionaire and said my favorite movie at the time was Raiders of the Lost Ark! (apparantly I never tore the page out and mailed it in.).  Interestingly, I knew enough at the time to fill it out in pencil, but I'd never erase it now!

I'm on the lookout for a SW copy of A1 to complete my "A" SW set if anyone has one!

Erik.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:33 pm 

Welcome to the Acaeum!
Say goodbye to all your disposable income as you blow it on old games  :D
Good luck collecting.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:35 pm 

Hi Erik, Good to see a familiar face.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:05 pm 

Welcome Kires1!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:08 pm 

Thanks B and red_bus,

Wish I would have known this forum existed years ago!

What disposable income?  Check with Bombadil, I think he has all my disposable income for the next year or so...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:15 pm 

Kires1 wrote:I'm on the lookout for a SW copy of A1 to complete my "A" SW set if anyone has one!

Erik.

Welcome to the forum.  You might send a pm to bclarkie.  I coulda sworn he had about thirty or so SW A1's a few months ago.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 pm 

Thanks King, will do.

Shout out to fellow Washintonian Formcritic, thanks for the welcome as well.

30 or so?  Geeesh!  No wonder I haven't seen any for sale, B's got them all!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:55 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Welcome to the forum.  You might send a pm to bclarkie.  I coulda sworn he had about thirty or so SW A1's a few months ago.

I think those were A3's if I remember...I believe he posted a photo of all of them together...but contact him anyway, as he most likely has an extra A1 too...if not, no doubt somebody here should have an extra...and welcome!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:01 pm 

Kires1 wrote:Erik (aka Kires1) here.  Just signed up today.  I've been a long time D&D'r back to the early 80's.  I've been collecting on and off for the past couple years, basically when I have a little extra money (like tax refund time...)

Welcome, Erik!  Great to have you here!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:31 pm 

Kires1 wrote:Thanks King, will do.

Shout out to fellow Washintonian Formcritic, thanks for the welcome as well.

30 or so?  Geeesh!  No wonder I haven't seen any for sale, B's got them all!

Kirkland eh? Wouldn't happen to be a member of the Renton D&D group would you?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:34 am 

Hi, long-tim lurker, first time poster.  I collect mostly pre1990 D&D items, collection small but growing.  Good to be here.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 47 of 135123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 133134135