Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 135123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 133134135
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm 

huw wrote:Hello. I'm Hugh Williams. You might know me as huw on enworld or hpghwilliams on ebay. I live in the UK.

I've been playing since 1981 (notice how I cannily fail to reveal how old I am). D&D, AD&D, RQ, WFRPS - if it's a fantasy RPG I've played it and it occupies an unhealthy amount of shelf space. I've recently decided to sell off almost all my collection. I'm keeping a few items and looking to buy some old stuff, but the rest is going.

Hugh

hey hugh, welcome to the acaeum!!

good buch of folks here and can prb help you with whatever it is youre on the lookout for. join in the discussions and enjoy!

nice to see another person from the UK!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:49 pm 

Delzoun-blood wrote:Hi guy's

I was told about this site by GYG ( Got Your Games ) and I'm glad I found it though getting registered was a bit tricky!

Delz

Poor sod - I turned up on his doorstep with a parcel ( he lives a half mile from the inlaws!)

(would have liked to have chatted longer but the missis was sitting in the car!!)

A nice guy - deal with confidence

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:27 am 

gyg wrote:
Poor sod - I turned up on his doorstep with a parcel ( he lives a half mile from the inlaws!)

(would have liked to have chatted longer but the missis was sitting in the car!!)

A nice guy - deal with confidence

Thanks mate,

though my wife gave me grief after you left!
"who the hell was that " & " you and bloody ebay"

The best one was " MORE bloody boxes"

seriously thanks, and nice to meet you.

Delz

Trader, Collector and avid Gamer

Trying to put the "R" back into RPG

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:51 am 

Delzoun-blood wrote:
Thanks mate,

though my wife gave me grief after you left!
"who the hell was that " & " you and bloody ebay"

The best one was " MORE bloody boxes"

seriously thanks, and nice to meet you.

Delz

its a hard life eh Delz :)

you just have to make sure she knows how much its worth to her one day  :P

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:01 am 

well, i think i have lost several newbies... i had many things to do recently... sorry andlet me say from my side: ciaooo to all the new fellows!!! :D :D :D

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:01 pm 

Azhag2000 wrote:Hi all!

Recently I had a setback in my collection...my mono G series, all in NM condition, walked away from my desk at work.   :x  that'l learn me.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Looks like I got my Mono G's back, and then some!  I'm going to keep all the Mono's, plus Gamma World and RG and sell the rest.

"A war without fire is like sausages without mustard!"  Henry V of England.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:11 am 

Hello all, I have been playing D&D on and off since the early 80's.  I most recently really got involved with a 3.5 campaign about a year ago.  That sparked my interest in taking a look for the old stuff I used to have when I was a kid.  I just recently discovered this web site and since have probably visited it over 100 times, lol.  It is a great tool when browsing ebay.  Anyways, I'm glad to have found a community with the same interests as me and I'll see you all on the boards.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:18 am 

Welcome SH60B!    :)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:35 pm 

SH60B wrote:Hello all, I have been playing D&D on and off since the early 80's.  I most recently really got involved with a 3.5 campaign about a year ago.  That sparked my interest in taking a look for the old stuff I used to have when I was a kid.  I just recently discovered this web site and since have probably visited it over 100 times, lol.  It is a great tool when browsing ebay.  Anyways, I'm glad to have found a community with the same interests as me and I'll see you all on the boards.

welcome to the Acaeum chummer.....join in the chat!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:43 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
welcome to the Acaeum chummer.....join in the chat!

Al

I thought that it was decided that we didn't like new people!

(J/K - welcome to the forums - but remember Q1 is crap and all JG stuff was printed on toilet paper :D  :D  :D )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:37 am 

Hi all, i have been frequenting this site for years and thought its about time i joined.I must say its an informative, fun, humourous and witty place to be.I always have a good laugh reading the forums here.
Anyway a little about myself, i am Irish, living in London UK and have been playing D&D PNP and computer games since i was about 15.So basically i have been playing over 25 years now.I was never really a collector until about two years ago when all my original D&D items got
slung out from my folks home in Ireland (i will not go into it again,see my
other post under shady dealers).So there i was minus all my original D&D
stuff that i initially bought to play with not to collect.So i have spent the
past two years building my collection back up.I now have about 150 seperate D&D mods,rules and magazines again.Nothing really expensive
(Sealed Silver Anniversary Boxed set?).Second edition original D&D boxed set?Basically a good copy of most early OD&D items and First edition items.I now play D&D in Neverwinter Nights computer games
Some of the original PNP conversions of old D&D mods are really good.
Im a 3D modeller so i also have a custom content team called the CCP
who models original creatures from the original First edition Monster Manuals and Fiend Folio for the Neverwinter Nights game.
Anything in my book that makes NWN more like the original PNP experience is OKAY by me.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:02 pm 

Ah, I have many many .... many hours loged with NWN.  That is a great game.  What server do you play on?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:17 pm 

Neverwinter Connections is a good site.I generally play one of the custom
mods online with a few other team members.

Do you build mods yourself or just play?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:24 pm 

I do a little of both, I ran a server for almost 2 years.  Currently I am on the mod team on a Serious RP server working on some small projects for them ( if I ever get enough time that is)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:17 pm 

Yeah! NWN is definately more than just a computer game.For a lot of us it
is also a hobby like D&D.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:46 pm 

Just wanted to say hello.  Kinda stumbled across this site by accident, and was glad that I did.  I am one of those older gamers (I'm 43) that started playing Dungeons & Dragons back in 1977-78.  Was president of my High School (Oscar A. Carlson High, Gibraltar, Michigan) game club in 1980-81 (first year that the school allowed it and was pictured in the yearbook).

I spent a majority of my game time as the Dungeon Master for the various groups I played with.  I ran a number of different campaigns for the groups...mostly using my own material.  I did however use the campaign material published by Judges Guild for a number of years (mainly because it was unknown to most players and offered a good deal of supportive material).  I look forward to future work in that forum, as I do still have that material.  I even have my signed Christmas cards from the Judges Guild staff during those early years.

My days as a D&D gamer kinda feel to the wayside by the mid 1990's as group members aged and found other interests.  I now find myself playing MMORPGs such as Anarchy Online.

I must admit, after finding this site it prompted me to start digging out my old game materials...if only to remind myself of those good old days  :roll:

Anyways...look forward to some conversation with those of you who still remember those early days.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:51 pm 

Welcome!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:53 pm 

hello hienbreck! welcome to the site chummer.

please join in the many discussion and enjoy your time here :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 135123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 133134135