Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 42 of 135123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 133134135
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:04 am 

Well, I know my statement about the business side of gaming was a bit extreme/bold/wahtever, but it was purely contextual and metaphorical, guys. But, although it's not a joke. I mean -- I'm just making an example kind of like a bold beginning brushstroke on a good painting that could be great. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Now as for trolls, well I sense them under the bridge too, and I don't want to do anything as a knight until I have a good plan to beat them.  :idea:  8)  And who are the trolls, the big guys guarding the bridge... As for gaming credentials, well, I've been into D&D and AD&D since I was about four years old (1979), and I've been collecting original books since about 1987 when the TSR first buyout brute squad said they were going to phase them out for the Second Edtion at Gen Con -- mmmm.... I was going by anonymous/eponymous Josh Clayton there. Anyhow, although that is the point, that's beside the point. The point is, I'm not a spy, I'm not a troll, I'm just another knight like you. "To beat the devil, like a good Star Trek episode, you have to outthink him Jim..."

Clayton

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:09 pm 

Captain J.A. Clayton wrote:Hello, I'm Captain J.A. (Josh) Clayton, (I'm not an actual Captain, but the Captain thing is for "Captain Keyboard", a nickname I earned because of my great typing and spelling...), anyhow to cut to the chase, I own and would love to discuss my full collection of AD & D and D & D stuff, some of which I bought from Bad Mike, and much of which I've collected over a strrrretch of years. I'm 31, I'm a writer, and I do a lot of reading on various subjects. So, I'll tell you what I have D&D and AD&D wise since this is a TSR board -- All of it is first edition, and I have everything from the D&D Cyclopedia to The *original* Unearthed Arcana and Monster Manuals and (yes) Greyhawk and Blackmoor.  8) I have a lot of non-D&D role playing games too, including a traditional cheap chess set (in storage), but I keep my role-playing games around. I've been very busy lately, so I don't actively play much anymore, but I read the old books from time to time just for fun once in a while. The artwork in them is better than the new ones too. Well, thanks for reading.

Captain Josh.

No better way to get your stuff than buying from Badmike!!!!!   :D But seriously, welcome aboard. One of the great things about joining the Acaeum is that several of the members sell online, and you can be assured of a certain level of quality dealing with Acaeum guys.  Unfortunately the downside is that being on the forum will lead to you to discover new avenues of collecting, and wanting more and more stuff until your bank account is inevitably depleted....but what fun!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:01 pm 

Badmike wrote:
No better way to get your stuff than buying from Badmike!!!!!   :D But seriously, welcome aboard. One of the great things about joining the Acaeum is that several of the members sell online, and you can be assured of a certain level of quality dealing with Acaeum guys.  Unfortunately the downside is that being on the forum will lead to you to discover new avenues of collecting, and wanting more and more stuff until your bank account is inevitably depleted....but what fun!

Mike B.

All True!

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:15 pm 

Hey, Bad Mike Badolato, I bought from you didn't I on Ebay, no less... Thanks for the cool welcome mat. Same to the rest of the guys here 8) . Anyhow, the Acaeum is the coolest site going for this kind of thing (collecting great games),  8) Well Clayton's ready for the action baby. Ready for the action... And the satisfaction of more exciting gaming. What can I say?  8) There are no downsides to this for me, Mike... Just one heckuva great time in store for us all.
So, I'll jump in with both feet a little later and share about my latest campaign... 8)

Clayton

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:39 am 

Just saying hello to all. To introduce myself, I am 37 years old and have been into D&D since I was about 12. I'm a serious fan of the old stuff, but I've become attached to the new stuff as well. At one time my collection of books was amazing, sadly a flood destroyed a vast portion of what I owned, but I am well on my way back to rebuilding. By the way, this is a great site!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:44 am 

Ahlaerian wrote:Just saying hello to all. To introduce myself, I am 37 years old and have been into D&D since I was about 12. I'm a serious fan of the old stuff, but I've become attached to the new stuff as well. At one time my collection of books was amazing, sadly a flood destroyed a vast portion of what I owned, but I am well on my way back to rebuilding. By the way, this is a great site!

Yikes...man that sucks!  Sorry to hear that.  My worst nightmare would be to lose my collection in a disaster like a fire, flood, or tornado.  I really need to find a house with a basement or better yet....a fallout shelter.  :D

All sorts of people to trade or buy from around here so it should be pretty easy rebuilding your collection if that is the direction you are headed.  Welcome to the forum.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:12 pm 

Hi, here's my introduction
My name's Trevor, I'm 38 and live in Berkeley, California.  I was introduced to the hobby by school friends in 1980 by way of the Holmes Basic Set; my first purchases were D&D in the Moldvay magenta box and a Ral Partha 01-015 super-hero (Tom Meier's version of Frazetta's "Deathdealer"; back in the day, my local toy store displayed the figs right next to the boxed sets, which was an irresistable combination).  I gamed like mad till about 1984, then put down the dice for about twelve years.  These days I collect mostly old lead (Partha, Grenadier, Heritage, Superior); Chaosium games (Runequest in particular); and generally anything with that classic '70's gaming feel.  For example, I just bought my first Arduin Grimoire.  This forum is the greatest: not only is there obscure lore to love, but the personalities!

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:35 pm 

woo introduction thread!

I'm a 28 year old chicago gamer, I'm currently in a 12-year-old planescape campaign, and despite having been in the game for almost half of it's lifespan, I've never purchased a single PS book or boxed set (except when I bought our DM Planes of Law at Gen Con last year as a thank you gift)

So here I am.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:24 pm 

Welcome aboard sougad, Trevor, Capn Josh, and others :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:53 pm 

stumbling tiger wrote:This forum is the greatest: not only is there obscure lore to love, but the personalities!

Personalities?  8O  We have none of those around here  :lol:

Seriously welcome aboard!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:34 pm 

Ahlaerian wrote:Just saying hello to all. To introduce myself, I am 37 years old and have been into D&D since I was about 12. I'm a serious fan of the old stuff, but I've become attached to the new stuff as well. At one time my collection of books was amazing, sadly a flood destroyed a vast portion of what I owned, but I am well on my way back to rebuilding. By the way, this is a great site!

Welcome Ahlaerian!  Sorry about the flood.

Some of the new stuff is very cool...eh?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:36 pm 

stumbling tiger wrote:Hi, here's my introduction
My name's Trevor, I'm 38 and live in Berkeley, California.  I was introduced to the hobby by school friends in 1980 by way of the Holmes Basic Set; my first purchases were D&D in the Moldvay magenta box and a Ral Partha 01-015 super-hero (Tom Meier's version of Frazetta's "Deathdealer"; back in the day, my local toy store displayed the figs right next to the boxed sets, which was an irresistable combination).  I gamed like mad till about 1984, then put down the dice for about twelve years.  These days I collect mostly old lead (Partha, Grenadier, Heritage, Superior); Chaosium games (Runequest in particular); and generally anything with that classic '70's gaming feel.  For example, I just bought my first Arduin Grimoire.  This forum is the greatest: not only is there obscure lore to love, but the personalities!

Hey, Stumbling Tiger!  Welcome!

Just bought your first Arduin Grimoire?  Wow!  That was a must-have back in the day....destroyed many a good campaign!  :D

What is your favorite Runquest publication?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:38 pm 

sougad wrote:woo introduction thread!

I'm a 28 year old chicago gamer, I'm currently in a 12-year-old planescape campaign, and despite having been in the game for almost half of it's lifespan, I've never purchased a single PS book or boxed set (except when I bought our DM Planes of Law at Gen Con last year as a thank you gift)

So here I am.

Welcome, sougad!

Never bought a book before?  You are so ready to become a collecting adict!  8O

Is that a Planescape campaign for 12 year-olds, or a 12 year-old campaign?   :lol:

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:53 am 

the game has been going on for 12 years (although there are times it feels like we're playing with 12-year-olds)

Just to be clear, I have an inordinate amount of books, but none of them are Planescape.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:06 pm 

Hi everyone. I've been a longtime lurker absorbing the copious amounts of knowledge the site and forum continues to produce. Great stuff on The Acaeum and it seems there are a good group of collectors and resellers here. I personally do both but I usually only resell when I have too many copies or need the money (ugh). I've bought from quite a few of the members here at one time or another as well.

Little about me...My name is Jason, I'm an archaeologist by profession currently working in the Southwest. Typically I'm the DM of my gaming group and the reference library. I suppose you could call me a completist collector although I'm far to cheap to probably ever purchase any of the ultra-rares. Since I was a student for several years I've dumped 2 collections to pay for whatever dire need was looming at the time. Fortunately, I think I'm safe now and plan to make an effort for a real collection.

I too have an infected wound from dealing with the coug, in fact I think I was even BLOCK WIPE'd.

Good Luck and May all your minimum bids win

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:22 pm 

Wow, Cattledog...BLOCK WIPE'd by the Coug!  

What did you do, refuse to mail by M-Bag?

Also, what do you...um...archeologize in Texas?   :P

Mark   8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:14 pm 

Well the cougar and I disagreed on shipping and condition of an item...
As for archaeology, my work is in the Four Corners and San Juan Basin (nw of Albuquerque) working on mostly Ancestral Puebloan sites (Anasazi).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:38 am 

Cattledog wrote:Well the cougar and I disagreed on shipping and condition of an item...
As for archaeology, my work is in the Four Corners and San Juan Basin (nw of Albuquerque) working on mostly Ancestral Puebloan sites (Anasazi).

So, you...like...measure tree rings and stuff?

Or, do you compare pottery?

Or, are you one of the guys who digs up old latrines and garbage heaps?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 42 of 135123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 133134135