Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 135123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 133134135
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:01 pm 

Hello Celmive :)

(snif, there is an obvious lack of french members I think  :roll: )

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:09 pm 

Welcome to all the new people.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:22 pm 

Espie wrote:Hi Everyone

Named after my favourite pub, stuff I am into is 1st Edition AD&D, a bit of Rolemaster, MiddleEarth and Palladium.

Age is 35, been playing since school and come from Bangor,  Northern Ireland and am more of a gamer than a collector, but like to poke my nose in to see whats what from time to time.

No real neurosis as yet, but have been know to suffer from a dodgy pint every now and then .

Cheerio for now.

Espie

Welcome, Espie!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:24 pm 

Toric wrote:Hello all,

First time caller, long time listener.  :)

I've been playing various versions of D&D since about 1979 when I was all of 11 years old.  Over the years I accumulated quite a nice collection of D&D related material, with a smattering of other games thrown in for good measure, mostly TSR stuff.  Several years ago, in a fit of stupidity, I got rid of most of my collection.  I still play RPGs (twice a month with a regular group that I DM) but I no longer have some of the harder to find items that once graced my collection.

Just recently I decided to start re-acquiring some of the stuff I used to have and maybe some stuff that I never had.  I'm doing it slowly, as funds permit.  I recently won an auction on Ebay for a 4th printing of the Supplement 1 Greyhawk book along with a copy of book 3 from the original set, The Underworld & Wilderness Adventures.  I also acquired T1 The Village of Hommlet (green cover) and L1 The Secret of Bone Hill, and the red box D&D set 1: Basic Rules.  Last night a local gaming store owner that I've known for years allowed me into his storeroom to take a look at what he had there.  Thirty minutes later and with my wallet 80 dollars lighter I walked out with a 1st printing of Deities & Demigods that I would classify as VG to Fine condition, a 4th printing of T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil in VG to Fine condition, a 2nd printing of D1-2 Descent into the Depths of the Earth in Fine condition, a 7th printing of D3 Vault of the Drow in Fine condition, a beat-up 1st printing of I6 Ravenloft, a good condition copy of I10 Ravenloft II: The House on Gryphon Hill, a 6th printing of the AD&D Player's Handbook in VF condition, an 8th printing AD&D Dungeon Masters Guide in VG to Fine condition, and a good condition Council of Wyrms boxed set.  All-in-all, I was pretty happy with that haul!  :D  I feel like I've got a good start on rebuilding the collection.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.  Thanks for letting me spew about my recent finds.

A good score, Toric!  Welcome to the Acaeum!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:29 pm 

celmive wrote:Hiya all ! My name is Adrian and I am from the UK. I have been an avid collector / player since 1977 when, as an 11 year old,  I traded a collection of Soccer Cards for my first D&D set at school. I took a few years out of roleplaying (not by choice) in the early part of 2000 to 2003 but other than that I have been along for the ride. For my sins I am also a HUGE EBay addict !!!!
My jobs have included Managing an RPG Shop for about 8 years, writing material (Had some published !!!), Computer Support Manager & currently a Government Officer.
I am married and have 2 kids (AND the wife is a gamer too !!!)
Anyone want to drop me a line to talk RPGS or life in general - feel free !!
Take care all
Ade

Hello Ade

will get in touch mate - got the e-mail

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:45 pm 

Welcome, Adrian.   :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:50 pm 

celmive wrote:Hiya all ! My name is Adrian and I am from the UK. I have been an avid collector / player since 1977 when, as an 11 year old,  I traded a collection of Soccer Cards for my first D&D set at school. I took a few years out of roleplaying (not by choice) in the early part of 2000 to 2003 but other than that I have been along for the ride. For my sins I am also a HUGE EBay addict !!!!
My jobs have included Managing an RPG Shop for about 8 years, writing material (Had some published !!!), Computer Support Manager & currently a Government Officer.
Take care all
Ade

Howdy Ade, great to see you decided to join.  :)  I was hoping you would figuring based on your non-COugar related comments on your About Me page that you might be interested. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:14 pm 

I wondered if you might be the same guy as the Ebay Coug-bloger.

Coug has to be smarting from all the negative attention he has earned.  He responds to any stimulus like he has been shot.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:45 am 

Take care all
Ade

Welcome to the Forum! Good deal on the soccer card trade for D&D items, because everyone knows soccer sucks and D&D rules! You might have ended up headbutting your buddies instead of rolling dice with them! :twisted:

(dodges brickbats thrown by Euro members)

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:51 am 

wow! how many new members!!!
i have not to time to turn my head that this thread is updated with new posts!!

i greet everybody!!! (actually i lost who i exactly greeted or not  :roll: )

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:39 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I wondered if you might be the same guy as the Ebay Coug-bloger.

Coug has to be smarting from all the negative attention he has earned.  He responds to any stimulus like he has been shot.

Mark   8)

The one and the same... The guy is a complete PRAWN.

He has had one small victory though... Here is a copy of the EBay Email. I guess he really took exception to this...

Dear celmivestarbright ([email protected]),

Thank you for your interest and participation in our About Me feature. Unfortunately, it was brought to our attention that your eBay About Me page, located at the following URL:

eBay View About Me for celmivestarbright

is in violation of

Gratuitous Comments

We noticed that your About Me page contained:

"This was AFTER I had asked the guy NOT to send me anymore emails. Obviously, as you can see from the quality of English, comprehension is a problem. I call this the `Joe Maplin Syndrome` - a comment that anyone who has ever seen the BBCTV Program Hi-De-Hi will understand. "

While eBay will, if necessary, remove About Me pages that violate its policies, since your About Me page is an _expression of your personality and tastes, it is contrary to our policies for us to edit your About Me page. We need to request that these changes be made within 24 hours.

You can make changes to your page by going to the following URL and entering your User ID and password as requested:

eBay Services: About Me Login

If you are unable to make these changes, we will need to remove the entire page for you to start over in creating your About Me page. Please note that our policies that apply to auction pages also apply to our About Me pages, with exception of advertisements. eBay will permit members to advertise their businesses in describing who they are and what they do on their About Me page. However, please remember that it is not acceptable to solicit direct sales in promoting that business.

You can view these guidelines for a better understanding of our listing guidelines and how they affect the way you post your information at the URL below:

About Me policy

Information on infringing or illegal items or for information on other eBay listing guidelines, please view:

eBay: Redirect

We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation in making these changes within 24 hours.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc

His use of written English, comprehension & Spelling is about the level of 9 or 10 year old and yes - that is a professional opinion....

I was unaware of his suspected postage scams but for me, if he is guilty,  that puts him even further down the chain of evolution than I thought.

Anyway - good to meet you all and hopefully most of my further posts will be unrelated to Mr cougarrinard

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:49 am 

Hi everybody.

My name is Arnaud, I'm french, 31 years old.
I play D&D since I'm 14, started with the D&D red box, and collect modules since I'm ... ?? 23 ? 24 ?
I buy all 3rd edition book and lots of old modules.
I just bought my 430th book last week.

I'm also webmaster of dndcollection.
D&D Collection

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:54 am 

Welcome, Arnaud.  I like your web page!   :)

Mark   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:59 am 

Thrud wrote:Hi everybody.

I play D&D since I'm 14, started with the D&D red box, and collect modules since I'm ... ?? 23 ? 24 ?

I'm also webmaster of dndcollection.
D&D Collection

Salut Arnaud,

Bienvenue sur le forum! J'avais déjà visité ton site, un sacré boulot. Il faut d'ailleurs que je mette ma liste à jour... si je retrouve mon login!
Edit : non c'est bon je m'en souviens :)

Au plaisir!
Nicolas

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:22 pm 

Welcome Arnaud, nice web page too (or would that be also) :lol:

Lance

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:38 am 

Thrud wrote:Hi everybody.

bounjour arnaud! tres heureux de faire ta connaissance (pls forgive me if accents are missing... i'll never unterstand how do they work!)

Thrud wrote:I'm also webmaster of dndcollection.
D&D Collection

well, compliment for the incredible work!!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:07 am 

Hi Everyone.

My name is Jeremy. I am 37. I played when I was younger but not for about 20 years now. I have been collecting for about 6 years. I have just over 400 pieces in my collection: TSR, MERP, Judges Guild, Avalon Hill, and a few more obscure ones. I have been visiting TheAcaeum for most of the time I have been collecting and must compliment the people that make this the best RPG collectors site on the web.

I have only just discovered these boards and recognise many of the names as people I have interacted with and purchased from on Ebay. Great to see such a positive, vibrant RPG fan community.

I have young kids that are just starting to get interested in Role Playing so may be able to start playing again soon!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:10 am 

Welcome, Jeremy.

If you don't mind my asking....what is your Ebay handle?

Mark   8)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 38 of 135123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 133134135