Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 37 of 135123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 133134135
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:19 am 

I'm married to a beautiful woman and have two great little boys.  It's funny how talking about gaming still inspires tunnel-vision in me.   :oops:

He's bad, he's beautiful, he's crazy!  He's the man with no name!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:46 am 

Welcome FighterHayabusa.  Nice find.   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:02 am 

FighterHayabusa wrote:Then I started playing D&D with some other friends and we formed a cult and killed some people (the last two parts are not true).  

<sigh> I liked you a lot for about 2 seconds there...

:)

Welcome aboard!

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:00 am 

Welcome to The Acaeum!

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:25 am 

ciao FighterHayabusa! it's a pleasure... even though i'll always have to copy&paste your nick... too difficult& long for my eye and mind! :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:20 am 

Greetings.  My name is Lance Hawvermale.  I was drawn to these boards due to my work with Rob Kuntz.  I am currently putting the finishing touches on Tower of Blood.  Discussions on other forums about that line of products brought me here.

I've been authoring professional game-related material since 1995 and novels since 2003 (under a woman's pen name, no less!).  I invite everyone to take a peek at a bit of my life:

http://www.lancehawvermale.com

As far as collecting goes, several years ago a personal emergency of the medical kind forced me to sell what amounted to $1900 worth of product.  I let go of everything but my core rulebooks and a few favorite modules (When a Star Falls, Against the Cult of the Reptile God, Ravenloft).  Since then, I've focused on collecting just a few specific lines of products.  Right now I'm working on buying all Dungeon magazines from issue 1 to 81 (the changeover to Third Edition).  I'm also slowly assembling the TSR trading cards from 1991, '92, and '93 (not the factory sets, but a tedius booster by booster collection).

I was thrilled to find these boards.  I hope to see some of you at GenCon, where I will be hawking my wares at the Necromancer Games/White Wolf booth, trying to win a few rounds in the D&D Miniatures qualifier, and running a game of Boot Hill, Third Edition.

Peace to you all,

Lance

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:26 am 

hey lance the 20,000+ word man!

welcome to the Acaeum :)

hope you have a good stay here....hide your credit card my friend, or you will be constantly rolling saving throws :D

enjoy

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:57 am 

ciao lance! hope you'll find friends and not only compulsive-ossessive subjects here! :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:48 pm 

Welcome, Lance....if that is your real name.   :o

You will find many interested collectors here so prepare to have your collecting fetish massively expanded.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:02 pm 

mark

yes its lance - the chappy doing Tower of Blood with Rob.

top guy

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:04 pm 

I was just joking...because he said he publishes novels under a woman's name.

.....which is interesting, because I specifically will not purchase fantasy novels from female writers.  I wonder why the lady's name is important.

Mark

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:05 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I was just joking...because he said he publishes novels under a woman's name.

.....which is interesting, because I specifically will not purchase fantasy novels from female writers.  I wonder why the lady's name is important.

Mark

i think his avatar on DF is a pic of him iirc

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:40 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:.....which is interesting, because I specifically will not purchase fantasy novels from female writers.  I wonder why the lady's name is important.

Mark

Seriously? I recommend Susannah Clarke, Julian May, Patricia Wrede or Julie E. Czerneda. Not your typical mamby-pamby Barbara Hambly type stuff.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:37 pm 

Well...I stopped buying new fantasy in general a while back....

It all went lesbian/Wicca/feminist/tree hugger.  I got sick of essentially female characters masquerading as male heroes....or of male characters who were either rapists or closet cases.

My opinions now are simply bull-headed ignorance combined with reads of some very bad novels.

Since when did "Cling! Clang! Cling!" become adequate descriptive text for a swordfight?

And, don't even get me started on Roberta Jordan!

Mark   8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:51 pm 

Hello,

I have been playing, collecting and selling D&D stuff since '79.  I used to work for a Games Distributor called LSW from '83-'90.  I also worked at several game stores and comic book shops through out the US.
  During those years I went to many conventions, Gen Con, Origins, World Cons etc though the last one I attended was Dragon Con 3 years ago.  

Hamilcar

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:09 pm 

Hamilcar wrote:I have been playing, collecting and selling D&D stuff since '79.  I used to work for a Games Distributor called LSW from '83-'90.  I also worked at several game stores and comic book shops through out the US.
  During those years I went to many conventions, Gen Con, Origins, World Cons etc though the last one I attended was Dragon Con 3 years ago.

You always have such a wide selection of whatever you're auctioning, be it RPG modules or miniatures.  I try to control my eBaying, but you keep posting auctions!

What is a "hamilcar", anyway?  I keep picturing Luke Skywalker driving an RPG-filled car through the bayou when I see your name next to an item.   :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:34 pm 

Hamilcar wrote:Hello,

I have been playing, collecting and selling D&D stuff since '79.  I used to work for a Games Distributor called LSW from '83-'90.  I also worked at several game stores and comic book shops through out the US.

Hamilcar

Welcome Hamilcar!
I've always had good experiences buying things from you.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:50 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Welcome Hamilcar!  I've always had good experiences buying things from you.

Ditt on both counts :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 37 of 135123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 133134135