Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 135123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:07 pm 

Good evening all. My name is Jeremy, I'm 30 and longwinded.  I've been checking the site for a number of years, but just recently caught on to the forum. I think I was one of the early-tragically late ones. I was die hard into the early TSR stuff when it seemed the hot ticket was bidding $75 on Dark Tower at  the Gen Con auction.  :lol:  My coolest collecting moment may have been when I got applause from Frank Mentzer at the auction for spending $40 on a module and confirming that even modules were, in fact collectible.  First person to guess what it was gets a prize!  I wouldn't doubt Frank remembers it, so sorry Frank, you're inelligible. :(  That was probably 1991 or so and oh how long ago that seems! My entrance to the forum is somewhat bittersweet as it coincides with the decision to liquidate much of my collection.  :cry: My second child was born in January (He's a baby Hill Giant; 17lbs at 4 mos.) The house needs some remodeling and baby needs a new pair of shoes about every 12 hours. Since I'm unwilling to sell my firstborn - some of the goods are gonna have to go. Most likely ebay, but you guys may be able to talk me out of it! Until I actually got to this point in my collecting life, I never really understood how many of these things are "one rings". :twisted:  I procrastinate to take pictures, I spend hours reading your posts and telling my wife it's "research" and so on. So anyone willing to be in a support group and help me through these trying times please step forward - but no discounts! Thanks for listening.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:59 pm 

Welcome, Ligmancer....

Just admit it....you need a reason not to sell.   :lol:

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:53 am 

welcome jeremy & sojerboy!!

may your time here be long and enjoyable and mey your collections STAY in one piece :)

jeremy if you DO decide to offload your collection, a msg in the classifieds here might be a good idea before you consider elsewhere. where better than in the middle of a bunch o other collectors eh? :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:01 am 

Welcome, Sojerboy!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:08 am 

Howdy All,

Thanks to all the folks involved in creation , support and continued existence of this wonderful resource.  I've visited the Acaeum for a few years and have finally decided to start posting I'm a relative regualr on Dragonsfoot, another wonderful location...)  Although not as serious a "collector" as many here I still find great enjoyment and wisdom in the various boards and hope to be a frequent visitor/poster.

I've been gaming since the early 1980's and an addict ever since.  Now working on converting my 7 year old son to one of my favorite hobbies...he already has a spectacular collection of dice :D

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:51 am 

Welcome Simrion,
Kudos to converting your son ! It's so fun watching my kids play and how much they love it. Watch for the post I put up ( hopefully later today ) about my youngest son and D&D that happened yesterday :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:00 am 

Yah....welcome Simrion.

Mark  8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:36 pm 

Welcome to all of the new folks :D

Ligmancer, if you have specific Qs feel free to post them openly if you're not sure about an item's value, or to ping folks who catch your eye via email/PM:  I've never been steered wrongly by an Acaeum member's value assessments, either publically or privately.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:50 am 

I have been "lurking" for some time now and finally decided to join in.
A quick introduction is in order. My name is Jason Williams and I live in Moncton, New Brunswick Canada. I was introduced to the original brown books D&D in 1978 by a friend who returned from university in Halifax, NS in the spring of that year. By the end of 1978 I had started purchasing D&D materials when I could afford it  :-) and was DM'ing for a small group.
I played and ran on a regular basis all through the 1980's and into the early 1990's until my work commitments chewed into my free time.
I kept hoping that I would be able to get back into role playing but am now trying to support an aging parent who is slowly descending into the grip of alzheimer's  :cry:
I have been selling some of my older stuff off on eBay recently and have come across a few names from these forums bidding on my items.
Most of my choice stuff has already been sold, but I do have boxes of stuff to still go through (although there is many items from other game systems such as early Traveler, Call of Cthulhu, Marvel Super Heroes, etc.)
I listed a couple of items earlier this morning and should have asked for some advice on pricing first.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:01 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:I have been "lurking" for some time now and finally decided to join in.
A quick introduction is in order. My name is Jason Williams and I live in Moncton, New Brunswick Canada. I was introduced to the original brown books D&D in 1978 by a friend who returned from university in Halifax, NS in the spring of that year. By the end of 1978 I had started purchasing D&D materials when I could afford it  :-) and was DM'ing for a small group.
I played and ran on a regular basis all through the 1980's and into the early 1990's until my work commitments chewed into my free time.
I kept hoping that I would be able to get back into role playing but am now trying to support an aging parent who is slowly descending into the grip of alzheimer's  :cry:
I have been selling some of my older stuff off on eBay recently and have come across a few names from these forums bidding on my items.
Most of my choice stuff has already been sold, but I do have boxes of stuff to still go through (although there is many items from other game systems such as early Traveler, Call of Cthulhu, Marvel Super Heroes, etc.)
I listed a couple of items earlier this morning and should have asked for some advice on pricing first.

Welcome Jason
It is understandable when you have to let go of material things to help someone in your life.
As for the Judges Guild items you have up - which you've done well in providing pictures of the 'important stuff'  :wink: (I now don't have to ask).
The Dark Tower should go $50+, The Judges Shield may go at $10 in the condition you have - though you may get lucky as they don't show up to often. Village Book I maybe a little high, but then you may catch the right buyer at the right time.

Hope all the auctions go well for you,
ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:34 pm 

Welcom, Jason!   :)

Caring for a parent is a noble task.

Good luck on your auctions!

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:21 pm 

Jason, welcome to the boards :D

What's your eBay handle?

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:24 pm 

Plagg

Thanks for the welcome and the advice on the pricing!

I'm looking forward to what appears to be a very well established community.

Also, thanks for the welcome from you and Mshipley88

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:25 pm 

Hi Grodog!
It's the same as this handle. Are you the same Grodog that just bought some Dungeon magazines from me?
If so, they are on their way but between this being a Canada Day long weekend and the 4th of July next week, they could be delayed by a couple of days.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:36 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:Hi Grodog!
It's the same as this handle. Are you the same Grodog that just bought some Dungeon magazines from me?
If so, they are on their way but between this being a Canada Day long weekend and the 4th of July next week, they could be delayed by a couple of days.

Yep, that's me.  Some German guy had plain old "grodog" registered on eBay, so I went with my setting affiliation there, after they made me change away from my email address.

Thanks, and no worries on the possible delays:  I've got plenty of fun stuff to keep me in gaming reading in the meanwhile :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:05 pm 

Hi all
   just joined recently but have been on the sight on and off for a while, not a real serious collector but have all my original books and mods from when i started playing in 1981 in the navy. when i got home recruted everyone in the family to play. just got the bug again last year when i hurt my back and discovered e-bay. big mistake spent way to much. lol. now i play a 3.0 group and living greyhawk 3.5. i know you guys put the new versions down but its not that bad, It's good players that make the game good not the rules.

Fred from Sayreville, NJ

PS I'm 43 so I fall in the age group of the group

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:08 pm 

welcome Fred - don't worry about playing 3.0.  playing any version is better than playing nothing.  perhaps this site will persuade you to change your game...  :)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:08 pm 

hey there ffhs;gfhs;agh;dsaghdl;

so whats with the ID then? thats what i call pretty random!

welcome to the forum :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 135123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 133134135