Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 135123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 133134135
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:04 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Austin499 wrote:why, Will Rob edit and publish it for me?  :)

well a publishing company is always looking for something new, cool & exciting that will be of interest to ppl, so certainly worth a consideration...........after all, youve spent 3 years on it!

do no harm to ask :)

Al

Just becareful some of the publishers will offer you a deal like 3 cents per word and they keep the rights ...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:58 am 

hello
my name is richard i am 36.have used at this site for a little while but not signed up. stared playing at the age of 13 in 1983 with the sorcery series books,then was introduced to ad&d(no money to buy books).
played on and off for a few years in d&d mystara.have played a few other games but dont have the time now. only collect and read now at the moment.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:25 am 

re4321 wrote:hello
my name is richard i am 36.have used at this site for a little while but not signed up. stared playing at the age of 13 in 1983 with the sorcery series books,then was introduced to ad&d(no money to buy books).
played on and off for a few years in d&d mystara.have played a few other games but dont have the time now. only collect and read now at the moment.

hey richard!! welcome to the acaeum mate :D

nice to see another brit joining the ranks amidst all these here barbarians :D

please join in the numerous topics (which tend to drift on and off topic quicker than you can keep up most of the time!! ) :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:57 am 

killjoy32 wrote:nice to see another brit joining the ranks amidst all these here barbarians :D

I wasn't aware that our royal family had belated taken up its offer and that we'd become Greeks, overnight... So long as the rest of the board don't expect us to come bearing gifts... ;)

Greetings, Richard! Know what you mean about time. :?
Well, after a few months visible around here you won't have any money, either! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:29 am 

Hey Richard,

Welcome!  I recognize your handle from Ebay - I think we just tangled on some of gal_havoc's auctions :)

Mark

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:03 pm 

Welcome, Richard!

Never mind Killjoy...he's still mad that court jesters were left out of the Bill of Rights.   :)

Good literary reference, Faro.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:28 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Welcome, Richard!

Never mind Killjoy...he's still mad that court jesters were left out of the Bill of Rights.   :)

Mark   8)

isnt that because the bill of rights was WRITTEN by court jesters?  :P

the country is certainly ran by them :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:32 pm 

I was about to write a snappy comeback to that when I realized that...I...don't...have...one.  :x

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:56 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I was about to write a snappy comeback to that when I realized that...I...don't...have...one.  :x

sadly tho, my friend, is thats the case here too....our country is also ran by muppets who may as well be court jesters.

when i see them in parliament in debate - its like watching kids in a schoolground....its pathetic to say the least...

ANYWAY.....too O/T so...

yes welcome Richard :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:08 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
faro wrote:I wasn't aware that our royal family had belated taken up its offer and that we'd become Greeks, overnight... So long as the rest of the board don't expect us to come bearing gifts... ;)

barbaroi - "all those foreigners who go around making bar, bar sounds rather than speaking Greek proper". That'll include Conan and most of the population of Warrington, I guess. :)

Thanks, Mark. And here was me worried the second part could've killed the thread and carried it away stone-dead, given that that was a bit of a Trojan hearse...

Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:43 pm 

hello all!being the new kid on the block, i figured i'd post my introduction in an attempt to meet new nerds like myself! i am an avid die hard d&d fan/collector/gamer and have been for nigh on 25 years(since the impressionable age of 8-way back in '82).that would make me 32 years of age.i have nothing so unique as some of you to call my coolest item, but my vast array of minis is definately my favorite. pleased to meet you all!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:16 pm 

Welcome Sojerboy !

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:07 pm 

Good evening all. My name is Jeremy, I'm 30 and longwinded.  I've been checking the site for a number of years, but just recently caught on to the forum. I think I was one of the early-tragically late ones. I was die hard into the early TSR stuff when it seemed the hot ticket was bidding $75 on Dark Tower at  the Gen Con auction.  :lol:  My coolest collecting moment may have been when I got applause from Frank Mentzer at the auction for spending $40 on a module and confirming that even modules were, in fact collectible.  First person to guess what it was gets a prize!  I wouldn't doubt Frank remembers it, so sorry Frank, you're inelligible. :(  That was probably 1991 or so and oh how long ago that seems! My entrance to the forum is somewhat bittersweet as it coincides with the decision to liquidate much of my collection.  :cry: My second child was born in January (He's a baby Hill Giant; 17lbs at 4 mos.) The house needs some remodeling and baby needs a new pair of shoes about every 12 hours. Since I'm unwilling to sell my firstborn - some of the goods are gonna have to go. Most likely ebay, but you guys may be able to talk me out of it! Until I actually got to this point in my collecting life, I never really understood how many of these things are "one rings". :twisted:  I procrastinate to take pictures, I spend hours reading your posts and telling my wife it's "research" and so on. So anyone willing to be in a support group and help me through these trying times please step forward - but no discounts! Thanks for listening.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:59 pm 

Welcome, Ligmancer....

Just admit it....you need a reason not to sell.   :lol:

Mark

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:53 am 

welcome jeremy & sojerboy!!

may your time here be long and enjoyable and mey your collections STAY in one piece :)

jeremy if you DO decide to offload your collection, a msg in the classifieds here might be a good idea before you consider elsewhere. where better than in the middle of a bunch o other collectors eh? :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:01 am 

Welcome, Sojerboy!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:08 am 

Howdy All,

Thanks to all the folks involved in creation , support and continued existence of this wonderful resource.  I've visited the Acaeum for a few years and have finally decided to start posting I'm a relative regualr on Dragonsfoot, another wonderful location...)  Although not as serious a "collector" as many here I still find great enjoyment and wisdom in the various boards and hope to be a frequent visitor/poster.

I've been gaming since the early 1980's and an addict ever since.  Now working on converting my 7 year old son to one of my favorite hobbies...he already has a spectacular collection of dice :D

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:51 am 

Welcome Simrion,
Kudos to converting your son ! It's so fun watching my kids play and how much they love it. Watch for the post I put up ( hopefully later today ) about my youngest son and D&D that happened yesterday :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 135123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 133134135