Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 33 of 135123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 133134135
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:22 pm 

Valourius wrote:Hello all!! I'm 36 and have played AD&D from the very early 80's to the early 90's.  Haven't played much since then (wife, kid, work, etc...).  I was amazed to see the some of my items are worth so much.  I have about 300 items, all of which I am the original owner.  My 'gems' are;
S4 in shrink, bought it at Gen Con 25
T1-4 in shrink
Dieties and Demigods with Cthulhu, NM condition.
H-2, H-3 and H-4 all in NM condition.

I am located just outside Toronto. Anyone in the area (or anywhere for that matter) drop me an e-mail [email protected]

Nice to meet you.  We need more Torontonians on here.  :)  If you work downtown, we can go for a pint sometime.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:46 pm 

Valourius wrote:Hello all!! I'm 36 and have played AD&D from the very early 80's to the early 90's.  Haven't played much since then (wife, kid, work, etc...).  I was amazed to see the some of my items are worth so much.  I have about 300 items, all of which I am the original owner.  My 'gems' are;
S4 in shrink, bought it at Gen Con 25
T1-4 in shrink
Dieties and Demigods with Cthulhu, NM condition.
H-2, H-3 and H-4 all in NM condition.

I am located just outside Toronto. Anyone in the area (or anywhere for that matter) drop me an e-mail [email protected]

hello valourius! welcome to the site. please feel free to join in any of the discussions. its a great community on here (despite the odd hiccup). enjoy your stay :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:16 pm 

Thanks Al and Deimos;
Deimos, I don't work downtown, but damn, that's never stopped me from going there for a beer!!!
Drop me an e-mail if your serious.

Charlie

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:57 am 

Hi,
 Been here a long time, just never registered or bothered to post.  This site is the greatest resource.  I know many of you from DF. I came across D&D almost 30 years ago and started with the Moldvay edition which I still have.  It was rough learning to play D&D with the swedish bikini team cause as a DM I could not bring myself to TPK.  :D  Years went by and after being unable to perfect a 15 sided dice I gave up the game for awhile.  One day while playing  yahtzee I rolled a "natural 20" with 3d6.  This of course brought me back to my original love, crayoning dice.  D&D isn't too bad either.     Lately, I have started buying some things off of e-bay (even some things I already own but do not have here)and have come across many of you the hard way (you people have cash!!).  

Please excuse the long post & silliness.
:wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:23 am 

hello Cimm!

welcome to the Acaeum! hope you enjoy your stay here and feel free to join in the many discussions that go on here, both on and off-topic :)

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:26 am 

Welcome, Cimmerian!    :)

Don't worry about long posts or silliness.  You will fit right in here.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:48 am 

Hello & thanks..

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:00 pm 

I've been using the resources of this amazing site for so long in my goal of collecting the entire pre-3.0 D&D collection, thought it was high time I start talking to the folks who make it happen.

Well met traveler!

In search of the unknown...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:51 pm 

Greetings and welcome, Favonius Cornelius.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:12 pm 

Cimmerian wrote:Hello & thanks..

Hiya Chris, Great to see you around. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Cimmerian wrote:Hello & thanks..

Hiya Chris, Great to see you around. :wink:

Hope things have quieted for you...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:00 pm 

Hey, just joined today. I am really excited to start collecting some old D&D stuff (and by collecting I mean 'get back in my hands things I have held about a million times but threw away or lost over the course of 20+ years'). I started playing D&D back in 1983, and continued until the late 90's. I was in the Navy and we would play for hours to while away the hours at sea... I am 38 years old, currently living back home in Arkansas after an exhausting 10 year journey around the world. I am new to the collecting aspect, but am ready to delve in. :)

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:20 pm 

khartsfield wrote:Hey, just joined today. I am really excited to start collecting some old D&D stuff (and by collecting I mean 'get back in my hands things I have held about a million times but threw away or lost over the course of 20+ years'). I started playing D&D back in 1983, and continued until the late 90's. I was in the Navy and we would play for hours to while away the hours at sea... I am 38 years old, currently living back home in Arkansas after an exhausting 10 year journey around the world. I am new to the collecting aspect, but am ready to delve in. :)

Welcome, I hope you can find everything again with out to much strain on the wallet. There is a lot of fine folks here that can help with any questions you may have.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:33 am 

Welcome Khartsfield.

Prepare to be obsessed.  The game collecting bug is sovereign.

Mark   :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:29 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Welcome Khartsfield.

oh and dont forget...make sure the credit card is VERY flexible!

the corner has fell off mine and the mddle has started to rust  :P

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:36 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:Welcome Khartsfield.

oh and dont forget...make sure the credit card is VERY flexible!

the corner has fell off mine and the mddle has started to rust  :P

Al

Don't say things like that! My wife stands over my shoulder sometimes! :) Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Kim

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:16 pm 

ok, I'm almost back... my flat mate is meant tto be collecting the router today/tomorrow. He's been online.. but I have had to suffer... Hopefully in the next week or two I can reappear >_<

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:04 pm 

Winterwords wrote:ok, I'm almost back... my flat mate is meant tto be collecting the router today/tomorrow. He's been online.. but I have had to suffer... Hopefully in the next week or two I can reappear >_<

welcome back winter!!!

you should be minted now ready for a further onslaught eh :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 33 of 135123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 133134135