Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 27 of 135123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 133134135
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:13 pm 

Hey bonk!

That's a wicked cool username.

Print out one of those OB3's for yourself and have a good one!

-Stephen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:52 pm 

Welcome, Bonk!

Now you have to pick out an icon that depicts your  new name.

Don't let Al's sad jester fool you...I still picture him as the Gobbo saying "I'm Still 'Ere!"

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:21 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Welcome, Bonk!

Now you have to pick out an icon that depicts your new name.

Don't let Al's sad jester fool you...I still picture him as the Gobbo saying "I'm Still 'Ere!"

Mark

hehe :)

aw man i just fancied a change. i can always swap back if i wanna or find another gobbledigook pic.

the sad jester is related to my fave band of all time, Killing Joke. as its their Anniversary year (held one year late for some reason)....its there as a kinda gesture of respect. and of course on their website forum, guess what my avatar is there :D

good ol gobbo :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:05 pm 

"I'm living in the Eighties. "  (And to my sad misfortune I'm still there.

Killing Joke rocks.  I was just listening to them before I read this.

We used to have a night club here in New Jersey were they would play Killing Joke every Friday night.  Two years ago it burned too the ground. Damn sad!

Pete

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:35 pm 

pjflores wrote:"I'm living in the Eighties. " (And to my sad misfortune I'm still there.

Killing Joke rocks. I was just listening to them before I read this.

We used to have a night club here in New Jersey were they would play Killing Joke every Friday night. Two years ago it burned too the ground. Damn sad!

Pete

hey pete. they are touring atm - i went to see them about a month ago - superb. best i have heard them for a good many years. they sound sharp and like they've never been away - new album in the new year so keep your eyes peeled chummer :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:05 pm 

Hi Everyone.  Well from what I've read it looks like I'm in good company.  My name is Joseph, I'm 36 and have been passionate about playing/collecting since I was fourteen - that was about the time I realized the difference between collecting something because it had some innate value rather than collecting something because it was "collectible"; in other words, 'to thine own (collecting) heart be true'!  My interest is mostly 1st edition AD&D items in VF or better condition.  My favorites are ones that I DM'd for my group.

In addition to collecting, I have an ebay store called Intelligator's Game Lair and I run auctions under the ebay name Intelligator.

I look forward to joining some of these dialogues and wish you all well!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:03 am 

intelligator wrote:I look forward to joining some of these dialogues and wish you all well!

welcome to the forum joseph :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:50 am 

howdy! even it's not my first post, i'd like to present myself: i'm an italian guy! i collect OD&D and pscape stuff... (and AD&D mystara of course!)
i'm 32 and i miss very very few items to have my OD&D collection complete!  :D

i use ebay for every purchase D&D related and i ran into most of you... i see many esellers (oupsss, pardon: powersellers!) behind those nicknames!  :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:32 am 

Ciao Aia,
welcome from another italian collector.
:)  :)
Giorgio

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:45 pm 

My Name is Tim and I'm a 29 year old collector from Georgia. I have a only recently decided to turn my gaming "stuff" into a collection. Have about 3 bookcases full of stuff. My favorite item is my rarest one so far, I didn't even know it was rare until I visited The Acaeum, that is my copy of the "Jade Hare" coverless with a cover letter from TSR saying they were sorry about shipping my free adventure late!

"Always looking for that boxed set feeling"

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:57 pm 

Babydragon wrote:My Name is Tim and I'm a 29 year old collector from Georgia. I have a only recently decided to turn my gaming "stuff" into a collection. Have about 3 bookcases full of stuff. My favorite item is my rarest one so far, I didn't even know it was rare until I visited The Acaeum, that is my copy of the "Jade Hare" coverless with a cover letter from TSR saying they were sorry about shipping my free adventure late!

Oh... a scan of that would be nice, do you know why you were sent the Jade hare at all??

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:20 am 

pjflores wrote:"I'm living in the Eighties. " (And to my sad misfortune I'm still there.

We used to have a night club here in New Jersey were they would play Killing Joke every Friday night. Two years ago it burned too the ground. Damn sad!

Welcome Pete :D  It's always good to see another NJ guy on the board...
...because you can be my latest victim in my quest for more information about Treasure of the Dragon Queen:  please check out my page @ Greyhawk's Tournament History: Treasure of the Dragon Queen and let me know if it rings any bells or not.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:33 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

Pete

hey pete. they are touring atm - i went to see them about a month ago - superb. best i have heard them for a good many years. they sound sharp and like they've never been away - new album in the new year so keep your eyes peeled chummer :)

Al

Grrr.. lucky you. I used to go to a goth in pub (now demolished) in town where they used to play Love Like Blood (my favourite KJ track) on a saturday night, great track to dance to.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:52 am 

Oh... a scan of that would be nice, do you know why you were sent the Jade hare at all??

Brette:)

It was part of the Big Black box version of D&D (the landscape one).  It had a certificate you could fill out to get a "free adventure".  I think it was a marketing thing, I remember getting a mail order hobby shop catalog with the adventure.  The letter is on a yellow parchementt type paper with a color D&D logo on the top.  It starts off with "we didn't forget about you...".  I'll scan it in and upload it to my site tonight for anyone who would like a peak.[/quote]

"Always looking for that boxed set feeling"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:27 am 

Welcome Aia and BabyDragon!!

missed you both there :) hope to hear you both joining in the discussions here!

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:16 am 

killjoy32 wrote:Welcome Aia and BabyDragon!!

howdy alan! maybe you haven't recognized me yet... i've already bought from you on ebay! :wink:

ciao

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:14 am 

aia wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:Welcome Aia and BabyDragon!!

howdy alan! maybe you haven't recognized me yet... i've already bought from you on ebay! :wink:

ciao

you have? wow :) PM me your e-bay ID...so i know who you are....

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:07 pm 

grodog wrote:

Welcome Pete :D It's always good to see another NJ guy on the board...
...because you can be my latest victim in my quest for more information about Treasure of the Dragon Queen: please check out my page @ Greyhawk's Tournament History: Treasure of the Dragon Queen and let me know if it rings any bells or not.

Allan,

We made this NJ connection before. I made fun, that your home town was in the boonies. "Merchantville NJ? Where the hell is that?" I don't post to the site all that much cause I usually don't have anything interesting to say. But I do spend a lot of time here and on Canonfire.  I'm very familiar with your site and have read your reasearch on the Treasure of the Dragon Queen but I'm sorry to say. "No bells ringing". I will do some asking around though. I know quite a few people who went to Rutgers including some people who might have even been teachers around 1984. I'll see what I can come up with.

I do enjoy your research on The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth and I'm planning on using it for an upcoming "flashback campaign" that I'm planning on running sometime starting December. It will most certainly be 'Canth not 'Conth. 1st Edition Rules! Speaking of the lost caverns. I heard rumor that there is a Living Greyhawk adventure that deals with the caverns. Do you know anything about it? If so does it expand on your research? I never got into Living Greyhawk myself.  

Pete

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 27 of 135123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 133134135