Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 24 of 135123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 133134135
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:45 am 

DnDGeek wrote:(Aside: has anyone here seen the new Reaper devils and demons? They look like they were pulled from the pages of MMI...only better!)

More details would be appreciated, please, DnDGeek :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:41 pm 

grodog wrote:More details would be appreciated, please, DnDGeek :D

I moved my response to a new topic, so I don't clog up the "introduce yourself" sticky...

New Reaper Minis

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
http://www.dungeonsdeepdesigns.com

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:34 pm 

Hey Foul, check this out:

Posting And You... | Flash Videos

(It's safe it's germane and it's a riot...)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:37 am 

BTW, if anyones in London on saturday, I'm going there to meet up with 2 friends who play D&D (we plan on going to the museum etc. and just chilling around central London).

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:35 am 

Kastegir wrote:I just thought I'd post a note as I've just found this site. I've been a gamer for over 20 years, having started playing D&D in 1982. I'm a huge Gamma World fan, but I'll always have a soft spot for the game that got me started, AD&D. I've gathered a decent collection, nothing terribly rare, mostly stuff I've had since the mid-1980s when I bought them new.

I don't think I've played in about 10 years, but I've carted this stuff back and forth across the US with me. I've lost a few pieces along the way, but I sill have most of my set of 1st edition (not first printings) hardcover books and a couple dozen modules and some old Dragon magazines.

Anyway, I've never really thought of myself as a collector until a few years ago when I happened across an original copy of Metamorphosis Alpha and a copy of the Blackmoor expansion that I just had to have. I snapped them up and have started looking for other modules, etc. that I might like to add to the collection... I think I have at least one copy of everything that was released for 1st and 2nd edition Gamma World, so now I'm starting on 1st edition AD&D. Smile

I'm just now getting over to read these posts... I'm a little slow, so sue me! Anyway, lo and behold, what do I find but a Gamma World fan! Yay! I loves me the Gamma World. I've got a 1st edition boxed set as well as the GM screen (with Albuquerque Starport), and the Legion of Gold and Famine in FarGo modules. I also have the 4th edition GW book too. I want to get the boxed sets of 2nd and 3rd, and the 5th edition Alternity book too. I've got 4 of 6 of the D20 version books put out by White Wolf. GW is one of my favorites. Slowly but surely I'll build up my collection of all the editions!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:27 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
I'm just now getting over to read these posts... I'm a little slow, so sue me! Anyway, lo and behold, what do I find but a Gamma World fan! Yay! I loves me the Gamma World. I've got a 1st edition boxed set as well as the GM screen (with Albuquerque Starport), and the Legion of Gold and Famine in FarGo modules. I also have the 4th edition GW book too. I want to get the boxed sets of 2nd and 3rd, and the 5th edition Alternity book too. I've got 4 of 6 of the D20 version books put out by White Wolf. GW is one of my favorites. Slowly but surely I'll build up my collection of all the editions!

Hey EDR...I also really like the Met Alpha/Gamma World concepts, although I don't pay much attention to anything past the first/second edition. I used to belong to a Yahoo Group specifically for Gamma World discussion. You might want to check it out. They would discuss Gamma World in all of its incarnations and also post-apocalyptic novels and movies in general. I haven't been subscribed for a while, but I just searched yahoo groups and found it is still around:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gammaworld/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:11 pm 

zhowar1 wrote:Hey EDR...I also really like the Met Alpha/Gamma World concepts, although I don't pay much attention to anything past the first/second edition. I used to belong to a Yahoo Group specifically for Gamma World discussion. You might want to check it out. They would discuss Gamma World in all of its incarnations and also post-apocalyptic novels and movies in general. I haven't been subscribed for a while, but I just searched yahoo groups and found it is still around:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gammaworld/

Nifty! Thanks! I knew there was some sort of yahoo group (heard about it on another forum) but never had the chance to check it out. I've just joined.

(Still waiting on the 1st ed Met Alpha I won on eBay the other day... *taps foot impatiently*)

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:11 pm 

G'day all

My name is Dave Macauley, I'm 38 years old and live in Tasmania, Australia. I started playing D&D in 1980 at 13 years of age, with the Holmes blue Basic Rulebook, before moving quickly on to AD&D. Sold all my stuff in my early twenties when I was broke and newly married. Remarried in my early thirties and started collecting and occassionally playing again. Discharged from the military a few years back to become the full time carer for my disabled wife, so being on government pensions doesn't leave a lot of spending money. Also we live in an isolated rural area, so all my buying is via ebay. I collect OD&D, the Basic D&D rulebooks and 1E AD&D rulebooks, modules and whatever else I can get my hands on. The folks at Acaeum have been very friendly and helpful, setting me straight when I thought I had rare treasures, only to find that they were foreign (Australian) editions of modules. I have a couple of the OD&D supplements, but my big dream is to get a copy of the White Box set.

Dave

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:47 pm 

Hiya Dave,

Welcome to the board! :)

Greyharp wrote:The folks at Acaeum have been very friendly and helpful, setting me straight when I thought I had rare treasures, only to find that they were foreign (Australian) editions of modules. I have a couple of the OD&D supplements, but my big dream is to get a copy of the White Box set.

Dave

If anyone's told you what you thought were "rare" first print Gs & Ds are actually common Ozzie reprints, please let us know! 8O

Be patient on the White Box and you should be able to pick up a decent set for $60 or so (US dollars, that is). Good luck! :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:23 am 

harami2000 wrote:Hiya Dave,

Welcome to the board! :)

Greyharp wrote:The folks at Acaeum have been very friendly and helpful, setting me straight when I thought I had rare treasures, only to find that they were foreign (Australian) editions of modules. I have a couple of the OD&D supplements, but my big dream is to get a copy of the White Box set.

Dave

If anyone's told you what you thought were "rare" first print Gs & Ds are actually common Ozzie reprints, please let us know! 8O

Be patient on the White Box and you should be able to pick up a decent set for $60 or so (US dollars, that is). Good luck! :)

Prices are slipping down on those, but I haven't seen one in decent condition for $60 in some time.  :?

And hell yes, Aussie prints are good things.  :wink: Well, some of them, anyway.

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:14 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Prices are slipping down on those, but I haven't seen one in decent condition for $60 in some time. :?

August; $56 for an OCE with a very decent box. No sniping required.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5225886181

Similarly, no competition at ~$70-75 for a 4th(-) with very fine books and ref. sheets plus decent box with some pre-emptive tape at the corners (hmm...). By far the better of the two purchases though, IMHO.

Supply has dried up a bit now and certainly prices more erratic again in the run up to Christmas(?).

Seems to be $100 for a half-decent box, one auction, then $100+ for just the books with handwriting, bashes, etc., plus a poorish Swords & Spells in the next.

Hence maybe a wait required until Feb/March or possibly June/August...

deimos3428 wrote:And hell yes, Aussie prints are good things. :wink: Well, some of them, anyway.

<Greyharp> wrote Ozzie print modules.

"setting me straight when I thought I had rare treasures, only to find that they were foreign (Australian) editions of modules"

Can't think of any other than the Gs & Ds... :?

(Or should that have read "Basic Rules Set", Greyharp? :))

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:20 pm 

Can't think of any other than the Gs & Ds... Confused

(Or should that have read "Basic Rules Set", Greyharp?

Yep, it was the Gs & Ds, although I do have "aussie" copies of the Basic Rules Set and PHB.

Be patient on the White Box and you should be able to pick up a decent set for $60 or so (US dollars, that is). Good luck!

I'm kicking myself for missing out on a white box set for $45 from a website The Hit Pointe recently. The box was badly damaged, but what they hey, I would've done some unobtrusive repair work. I'll get a set one day of course :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:26 pm 

Greyharp wrote:Yep, it was the Gs & Ds....  

I dont know who you spoke with about them not being rare treasures, but if you have the Aussie D & G series, I would be happy to take those off your hands. Then again I would imagine that I am not the only one here that would be interested. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:24 pm 

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Greyharp wrote:
Can't think of any other than the Gs & Ds... Confused

(Or should that have read "Basic Rules Set", Greyharp?

Yep, it was the Gs & Ds

OK, if I read all that right, would the Acaeum member who was presumably trying to scam you please hang their head in shame.

Or was that Acaeum members??? :(

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't know what condition your copies are in, but I know if they are in good nick I probably wouldn't hesitate to throw $500 US in your direction if you were selling...

Congrats on picking those up ("first hand" purchase?). :)

(OK, now I'm pissed off.... :( :()

Greyharp wrote:
Be patient on the White Box and you should be able to pick up a decent set for $60 or so (US dollars, that is). Good luck!

I'm kicking myself for missing out on a white box set for $45 from a website The Hit Pointe recently. The box was badly damaged, but what they hey, I would've done some unobtrusive repair work. I'll get a set one day of course :D

My recommendation is still "hold fire".

People are getting fussy about condition and the premium for a fairly good set isn't that high. (Indeed, at one point last year, the poor sets were generally selling for more money!! People thinking they'd snag a bargain, etc...).

When the prices are low, it should also be possible to pick up a good set of the books (without box) for ~$25; should you wish to /try/ to use  those, too! ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:00 pm 

well my advice is if someone offers you something for anything, post a msg on here and ask what an item is worth. someone is bound to know about most items around, so that way, you will get a fair idea of the value of your items :D

and then voila, no more ppl getting narked :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:07 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:and then voila, no more ppl getting narked :)

*nod nods vigorously*

Good advice, Al... :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:17 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:and then voila, no more ppl getting narked :)

*nod nods vigorously*

Good advice, Al... :)

Kind of shame that someone here would try and take advantage of a new board member like that.  That is not what the forum is about. :(

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Greyharp wrote:Yep, it was the Gs & Ds....

I dont know who you spoke with about them not being rare treasures, but if you have the Aussie D & G series, I would be happy to take those off your hands. Then again I would imagine that I am not the only one here that would be interested. :wink:

Ut oh.  I hope you weren't looking at this (it was meant to be sarcastic):

acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31736& ... dl36#31736

The aussie editions are very real, and quite valuable, and look similar to the one shown on this page:

acaeum.com/DDIndexes/ModPages/Foreign/G ... G1for.html

YIM  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 24 of 135123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 133134135