Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 135123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 133134135
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:40 am 

well...  on a more modest level - I would be happy to organise a short meet-up* in London for anyone for whom that might be convenient.  That is easier for me because I don't have to leave London (the thought of which always makes me nervous) and it is certainly easier for other people who...  well.... erm... live in London I suppose?  Anyway, let me know if anyone else is interested.  :)  :)

*Note.  By 'organise' what I mean is 'pick a pub and buy the first round', this is not three well-organised days of roleplaying fun, this is a few hours of well organised drinking... and possibly talking about roleplaying (or staring out the window - your preference).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:48 am 

red_bus wrote:
*Note. By 'organise' what I mean is 'pick a pub and buy the first round', this is not three well-organised days of roleplaying fun, this is a few hours of well organised drinking... and possibly talking about roleplaying (or staring out the window - your preference).

sounds fun, altho living god knows how many miles away in cheshire would make it a rather expensive jaunt for a few beers :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:04 am 

Fair play. Perhaps a more central England location would be better. Could possibly do Birmingham as I have a few mates there I could crash with. Also Edinburgh where I will be in late August. Och aye the noo!

---
ps...although Edinburgh is not technically in central England it is in a region which a friend of mine described as 'North England' - so not too far away.

pps... in case any Scottish skirt-wearers are tempted to try and disabuse me of the notion (above), I would add in my defence that I am (a) not English (hailing from Norn Iron) and (b) I spent three years in Stirling so I am at least conversant with the customs and rituals of the northern peoples. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:49 pm 

Well, I realized I haven't introduced myself, so I figure I'd take a minute and do just that. I'm Steve, been playin some form of RPG for about 20 years or so now. Started with AD&D, and went from there. Played D&D, Gurps, Robotech, TMNT, Mutants & Masterminds, Rifts, Torg, Shadowrun, and a few others I can't remember. :P

I like to collect minis, (and attempt to paint them when time allows) although I don't get into the mini table top gaming thing.

Actively playing in a Forgotten Realms campaign, and a Dragonlance campaign that is currently on hiatus.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:46 pm 

grodog wrote:And a hearty welcome to the other new members, too.

Mike, been awhile since I've seen you online: what have you been up to?

Who me?  :D

I pop up on ENworld and Dragonsfoot now and again!

been Busy at work, and playing LG,  :)

Mike

"Clearly Tolkien never played D&D" Jason - Foxtrot Comic

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:57 pm 

red_bus wrote:Fair play. Perhaps a more central England location would be better. Could possibly do Birmingham as I have a few mates there I could crash with. Also Edinburgh where I will be in late August. Och aye the noo!

Birmingham! (Not just cause I live there ;-) )

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:25 pm 

hello, I've been raised on AD&D since the early 80's. I sold most of my stuff a while back and am now slowly picking them up again.  :oops:

I have a very small collection, but I am thinking of getting back into it seriously and noticed that this is the site for such knowledge.

The party awakens in a place where there is no light and no sounds but their own. Characters with infravision can ascertain that all party members are presented. The place they are in looks and feels like a natural cave, about 30 feet in diameter.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:13 pm 

Ssendam wrote:hello, I've been raised on AD&D since the early 80's. I sold most of my stuff a while back and am now slowly picking them up again. :oops:

I have a very small collection, but I am thinking of getting back into it seriously and noticed that this is the site for such knowledge.

Well, you've certainly come to the right place :)

Welcome!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:07 am 

Ssendam wrote:hello, I've been raised on AD&D since the early 80's. I sold most of my stuff a while back and am now slowly picking them up again. :oops:

welcome chummer :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:25 am 

Winterwords wrote:Birmingham! (Not just cause I live there ;-) )

Bit windy perhaps?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:33 pm 

Guess it's about time I posted here.

I'm 25 at the end of the month, and have got into D&D when my brother got the easy-play basic D&D set (black box, Larry Elmore cover) for Christmas sometime in the early 90s. My dad then promptly had to gather us up and take us into town after some nagging and he got the FR boxed set for my brother & the Dawn of the Emperors boxed set for me. We promptly got the whole family playing including for a couple of games my grandmother who was in her 80s at the time.

I live in (windy ;-)) Birmingham in the UK, but am half-American.

hmm... I have a picture/design from D&D tattoo (does that break copyright? ;-)) on my back.

On ebay I'm thedisreputabledog, in real life "Lorien".

Unfortunately, I don't any gamers in my area aside from a few friends who no longer have time to play :(, so I have to live vicariously through rereading all my D&D stuff most of the time.

I've been to one GC UK a couple of years ago & spent most of time skulking around the trade hall buying dice. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:12 pm 

Winterwords wrote:hmm... I have a picture/design from D&D tattoo (does that break copyright? ;-)) on my back.

That's awesome! Mind telling us which one? :o

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:22 pm 

Thank you :)

It's from the adventure Curse of the Azure Bonds. I'd love to have the guts & money to have the "real" one done (i.e. in colour, and interwoven with roses on the forearm), but opted for the black & white drawing found on the first couple of pages. I thought about getting it done on my upper arm, but opted for the base of my spine.

If anyone wants to see a pic, pm me with your email & mail it to you.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:32 pm 

Winterwords wrote:Thank you :)

It's from the adventure Curse of the Azure Bonds. I'd love to have the guts & money to have the "real" one done (i.e. in colour, and interwoven with roses on the forearm), but opted for the black & white drawing found on the first couple of pages. I thought about getting it done on my upper arm, but opted for the base of my spine.

A great adventure and a great tattoo!  (If you ever decide to get the "real" one done, try to make it glow blue at night...) :)

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:13 pm 

Heh, nice :)  I've got a buddy that's positively infatuated with the gold-box series of computer games SSI did - Azure Bonds included ;)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:18 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:

Heh, nice :) I've got a buddy that's positively infatuated with the gold-box series of computer games SSI did - Azure Bonds included ;)

Hehe.  I remember the epic computer battle of Deimos' super-charged (all 18s) party vs. the "Bits o' Moander" quite well.  :)  In gorgeous 4-shade orange graphics, no less.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:05 pm 

DnDGeek here.  That probably pretty much says it all, but I'll elaborate a little: 33, male and I like long walks by the lake (okay, not especially).  I've been lurking for many moons and thought I'd join in on the fun, only to find my favorite seller, Noble Knight Games, signed up four days and 1 user number (or whatever it is) before me!  Small world.  I still game once a week and am currently DMing L3.

I don't own anything extremely rare that I can think of but have assembled a solid collection of relatively rare AD&D/D&D stuff (since I lost the majority of my collection in the depths of the early 90s) and am growing a collection of minis (mostly Grenadier) that I paint in painstakingly slow fashion.  (Aside: has anyone here seen the new Reaper devils and demons?  They look like they were pulled from the pages of MMI...only better!)

Best item...hmmm, that's a tough one...most of my rarer items aren't too terribly rare: white box set, a few Wee Warriors, Strategic Review 1-4, Bloodstone set, etc.  One of these days I'll score myself a Vampire Queen...and die happy.  I know, I know, the nickname says it all.

Anyhoo, anyone know if it is true that the 25th Anniversary Box Set only had a 5k print run?  Read that on eBay and wasn't sure if it was true.  That would be half as much as the 10th Anniversary set, I think.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:04 pm 

DnDGeek wrote:Anyhoo, anyone know if it is true that the 25th Anniversary Box Set only had a 5k print run? Read that on eBay and wasn't sure if it was true. That would be half as much as the 10th Anniversary set, I think.

Yes, it is. See this page Page Not Found

:-)

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 135123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 133134135