Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 135123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 133134135
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:33 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Heh. Well, I know almost nothing about JG stuff, although I don't have much of it left. But that Journal has been there for months, so it can't be that popular ;)

well i dunno if the journals are THAT popular really, but i think 17 is a little less common than the others around that number. i have most of them, but dont have 17 i have to say (dont think i have anyway cos i dont remember the cover)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:59 pm 

Hi all,

I'm Jim. I'm 37 and from the looks of things got my start the same way as a lot of you: I got my Blue Box Basic set in 1979. I was an active RPG player for years afterwards and then faded off around 10 years ago.

I've got a staggering amount of D&D stuff that I've hauled around the world a couple of times. Pickier these days than I used to be so the buying has curtailed a bit but the items are nicer. (At least that is what I tell myself.) I'm going back now to fill in holes so that my son, whose a year old this week,

I used to work for Games Workshop and travelled a lot for the company. (I've been to a lot of GenCons.) Before that I worked for a distributorship and before that was a manager in a hobby store that carried a lot of games. I'm embarassed to say I have somewhere in the range of an actual ton of toy soldiers that needs to be reduced at some point, including some really rare unreleased GW items. For gosh sakes if you are looking for something GW drop me an email. *lol*

I'm ideally trying to find some of the original things I missed the first time around and a few things I always wanted. It seems like a great community and I hope I can contribute to the overall knowledge base.

Thanks,

Jim

P.S. I'm actually interested in finding a good gaming group in the Twin Cities to possibly get back to playing with. I've got an itch I need to scratch.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:43 pm 

Hi Jim, and welcome to the boards.  I wonder how many other gaming industry professionals (current or ex-) are members?

If you have anything in particular that you're looking for, put a list together and post it into the classifieds and/or appraisal forums, and you'll be able to try to swap out some of your GW stuff for other things you're seeking, I'm sure :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:53 pm 

I lost track of who this was wrote:
and this too wrote:but i hate anybody outbidding someone on something knowingly

Imo, that's a pretty extreme viewpoint. eBay is an open market, not a private trading space.

Well, I've been outbid by many members on this forum, and others I know from off the Acaeum, and while occassinally it's a bit of a bummer (ahem, took me forever to finally get Lost Abbey of Calthonwey), I've been forced into being rather pragmatic about it now:  I like think of it as the winners as keeping me from paying more than my "top" price for an item :D  It's also nice to know that a) they too have good taste in items to bid on, and b) that it'll be going to a good home.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:17 pm 

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex and I have been playing D&D since the late 70's. We first used chips instead of dice so that should date me. My friends and I have played basic, expert, and advanced. I no longer play but I still have a lot of the old stuff. I would like to start playing again, maybe once a week but I am not framiliar with the new rules. Does anyone know of a website or someone in the Houston, Texas area that I can connect with?

Thanks,

Alex

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:39 pm 

Ivanhoe wrote:Hello everyone!

My name is Alex and I have been playing D&D since the late 70's. We first used chips instead of dice so that should date me. My friends and I have played basic, expert, and advanced. I no longer play but I still have a lot of the old stuff. I would like to start playing again, maybe once a week but I am not framiliar with the new rules. Does anyone know of a website or someone in the Houston, Texas area that I can connect with?

Thanks,

Alex

Hey I am in Houston now!!  Although I am leaving to go back to the land of snow and Ice on Saturday :D   The heat here is a killer!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:03 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:Hello everyone!

Thanks,

Alex

Hey I am in Houston now!! Although I am leaving to go back to the land of snow and Ice on Saturday :D  The heat here is a killer!!

All Texans know that it isn't the heat that kills you.  It's the humidity...coupled with the stress of driving 20 miles in bumper-to-bumper traffic at 80 MPH during rush hour in a car with no air conditioner and a jackass in a BMW trying to merge into your lane from the left at the same time a redneck in a jacked-up F-350 is trying to merge from the right.  If that doesn't get you killed, the cops that just chased you for ten miles after you pulled out your .45 to politely let the jackass and the redneck know that you were upset that they cut you off (deep breath), will definitely kill you.  8O

Glad to have another Texan here on the forum.  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:59 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:      

All Texans know that it isn't the heat that kills you. It's the humidity...coupled with the stress of driving 20 miles in bumper-to-bumper traffic at 80 MPH during rush hour in a car with no air conditioner and a jackass in a BMW trying to merge into your lane from the left at the same time a redneck in a jacked-up F-350 is trying to merge from the right.

If you wanted to know what Georgia is like, it's exactly as you described Texas, but with more trees. =)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:17 pm 

grodog wrote:Well, I've been outbid by many members on this forum, and others I know from off the Acaeum, and while occassinally it's a bit of a bummer (ahem, took me forever to finally get Lost Abbey of Calthonwey)

(Darn, I missed one... ;))
Well done, at last, Allan! :D

*waves* http://www.diffworlds.com/images/gencon ... gencon.jpg :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:33 pm 

grodog wrote:took me forever to finally get Lost Abbey of Calthonwey

:D  :lol: Why was that, Allan?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:38 am 

Are there many UK based collectors here??  

Actually, that is more of a rhetorical question - what I was really thinking about is whether we should have a get together of UK collectors??  We could meet in a pub and bemoan the bargains that got away over a pint or ten.  

We could call it Sadfest or Patheticon or somesuch.  

What d'ya reckon?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:20 am 

red_bus wrote:Are there many UK based collectors here??

Actually, that is more of a rhetorical question - what I was really thinking about is whether we should have a get together of UK collectors?? We could meet in a pub and bemoan the bargains that got away over a pint or ten.

What d'ya reckon?

well me and a few mates are going down to the UK gencon thing in november chummer.....mebbe you should come along? should be a right lark - am well looking forward to it :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:38 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
red_bus wrote:Are there many UK based collectors here??

Actually, that is more of a rhetorical question - what I was really thinking about is whether we should have a get together of UK collectors?? We could meet in a pub and bemoan the bargains that got away over a pint or ten.

What d'ya reckon?

well me and a few mates are going down to the UK gencon thing in november chummer.....mebbe you should come along? should be a right lark - am well looking forward to it :)

Al

Sounds good.  I went along with a few friends two years ago (maybe three.. the years all are starting to blur) and it was a lot of fun.  Count me in.  Is it still at Olympia?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:32 pm 

red_bus wrote:
Sounds good. I went along with a few friends two years ago (maybe three.. the years all are starting to blur) and it was a lot of fun. Count me in. Is it still at Olympia?

check it out here ---> 看護師求人選びについて

should give you all the info you need etc...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:18 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
red_bus wrote:
Sounds good. I went along with a few friends two years ago (maybe three.. the years all are starting to blur) and it was a lot of fun. Count me in. Is it still at Olympia?

check it out here ---> 看護師求人選びについて

should give you all the info you need etc...

Al

Wow BUTLINS! I have never been to one of those - wasn't even sure they still existed... or who goes there on holiday now that you can fly to Spain/Portugal/Canaries/Ibiza/Majorca/Costa del Bingedrinkers for just a few quid?  Still, should be fun!

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:05 pm 

Actually, a mate of mine just took his daughter on holiday there. Said the food was awful, the room was so small you couldn't open the wardrobe door fully because the bed was in the way and the walls were paper thin. Some things never change.

Having said that, I'm thinking of going to GenCon UK this year...

...although I like the idea of sadfest/patheticon better. :D

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:40 am 

well...  on a more modest level - I would be happy to organise a short meet-up* in London for anyone for whom that might be convenient.  That is easier for me because I don't have to leave London (the thought of which always makes me nervous) and it is certainly easier for other people who...  well.... erm... live in London I suppose?  Anyway, let me know if anyone else is interested.  :)  :)

*Note.  By 'organise' what I mean is 'pick a pub and buy the first round', this is not three well-organised days of roleplaying fun, this is a few hours of well organised drinking... and possibly talking about roleplaying (or staring out the window - your preference).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:48 am 

red_bus wrote:
*Note. By 'organise' what I mean is 'pick a pub and buy the first round', this is not three well-organised days of roleplaying fun, this is a few hours of well organised drinking... and possibly talking about roleplaying (or staring out the window - your preference).

sounds fun, altho living god knows how many miles away in cheshire would make it a rather expensive jaunt for a few beers :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 22 of 135123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 133134135