Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 135123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 133134135
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:56 pm 

Hello all,

I am a retired DM from the mid-80's who still enjoys reading and collecting RPG materials (mostly AD&D items).

Wanted to say thanks to all for the Acaeum site - well done.

Mike.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:48 pm 

Good grief! Another one... :P

Mike; meet Mike <IO>, Mike <improv>, Mike <mdr003> and Mike <anyone else by that name>. :D

Enjoy yer stay and watch out for those BIN offers! ;)

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:14 pm 

I'm yet another Mark, and I've been playing since '79 when I was a wee brat. I've managed to amass a pretty good sized, well-used game collection, including a few of the easier to obtain rares (1st ed DDG, the mid-80s TSR mega modules, a few of the rarer RPGA modules). Now that my boys are hitting their teenage years and getting into gaming, I'm wanting to get more pieces from the early days so I can hopefully share a little of the energy and the fun of those days.

I've been lurking for a few weeks and I can already tell this boards a bad influence: I've gotten pulled into Judges Guild collecting. I already had a few pieces and I just won a few decent things from eBay today. Here's hoping you folks don't make me broke.... :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:03 am 

welcome to the forum mike & mark :D

hope you enjoy your stay...join in the discussions and dont forget to let anyone know if you are selling things, as most here will be interested in some form or another!

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:22 pm 

I'm Grant, from New Zealand.  Trying to get back some of the stuff I gave away 15 years ago (including unpunched Night's Dark Terror...rats).  I don't play anymore but love to look through just for the good memories.

The site has been really useful for knowing traders to avoid so thanks for that.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:17 am 

Papatoetoe wrote:I'm Grant, from New Zealand. Trying to get back some of the stuff I gave away 15 years ago (including unpunched Night's Dark Terror...rats). I don't play anymore but love to look through just for the good memories.

The site has been really useful for knowing traders to avoid so thanks for that.

hello grant! wow new zealand! man i would sooooo love to move there ..... wanna swap? :D

welcome to the site chummer - enjoy your stay.

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:24 pm 

I'm James, proudly known to my players as "That %*@(!" ;)

Played my first game of D&D when I was 5. I don't remember much, other than I used a vial of ink to blind an orc by throwing it at him. My uncle kept my interest up, and in exchange for 3 weeks of doing dishes, my parents bought me the old D&D red boxed set when I was 9. For my 10th birthday, my uncle got me the 2nd Edition PHB/DMG/MM, some dice in a bag, and a set of lead figures. And.. well, that was about 15 years ago, and there haven't been many weeks since then that I haven't played :)

Nowadays, I play 3.5 (Don't shoot!). I run a Planescape game, and play in a friend's custom-world game as well. I grew up on the early 2nd Edition stuff, so that's always what's closest to the heart for me.

I run an eBay store, Dragon Under My Bed Games (D.U.M.B. Games :P), which provides a lot of work, and not much money. But, I love what I do, and I'm hoping to expand my store to make a viable living at it. I keep a wide variety of 1st-3rd edition stuff in my store, or on my shelves prior to going into my store, so feel free to check with me if you're looking for something that's common/uncommon.

Cheers :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:33 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:I run an eBay store, Dragon Under My Bed Games (D.U.M.B. Games :P), which provides a lot of work, and not much money.

Not surprised, with the likes of http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5168799219
(Had noticed that a few days ago, but couldn't be bothered debating the postage charge ;))

Greetings, James! :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:04 pm 

Welcome Jim and Shadzar! :)

shadzar wrote:been using Acaeum for 4 years to price the materials found within when buying from eBay. just stumbled into the forums a few days ago.
use TSR Archive to help complete my collection of things that i want.
(be carefull of him if you run accross him on eBay, as he will bid just about any price on something to be able to get a picture of it for the site.)

Shadzar, you aren't kidding. Goes by the name Gygax on EBay and he posts here from time to time. Here is his most recent post. It contains a few pictures of his "collection". You might want to make sure that you are seated when you click on the link :wink: :

blackdougal wrote:This includes a fair amount of stuff other than D&D, but I guess you get the idea. :D

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/temp/collection.htm

Guys like him, IO and I am pretty sure Stormber too, give a new take on the word "collection". It seems to be that when you have that much stuff, it stops becoming a collection and more of Library. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:26 pm 

Just a quick note, gygax and blackdougal arent the same person. Both have very impressive collections, but two different people.

Mike

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:28 pm 

chromaticknight wrote:Just a quick note, gygax and blackdougal arent the same person. Both have very impressive collections, but two different people.

Mike

I could have swore I read somewhere on here that he was. :? Oh well, my bad. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:51 pm 

Yeah, Adrian's a great guy, and we should all support his catalog efforts, too---after all, he's the only good resource out there for post-Acaeum stuff!

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:31 am 

shadzar wrote:
grodog wrote:Yeah, Adrian's a great guy, and we should all support his catalog efforts, too---after all, he's the only good resource out there for post-Acaeum stuff!
i am guessing you are refering to blackdougal aka benfrow?

if so yes the work done is great and extensive, but i hate anybody outbidding someone on something knowingly. and when i pointed out that i was bidding on those things to ask if he needed scans of them and to turn around and outbid me on them after saying he would love for me to send him scans when/if i win them is kind of rude. and the fact the scans of the covers arent in the TSR Archive YET!!!! but they were won over a year ago.... :roll:

i for one DONT bid on something that someone i know is bidding on. ie someone from here mentions an item they are winning i might look at it and add it to watch list, but wont bid on it. and not like blackdougal didnt know who i was since i am shadzar EVERYWHERE online. i am the one and only and original Shadzar, accept no substitues. 8)

I on the other hand will bid against other Acaeum members, but only on items I still need for my collection.  No offense guys, but I learned long ago to watch the bidding habits of members of this community in order to get a shot at some of the rarer items out there.  That being said, I rarely can compete with the big players here, and in the end usually console myself by buying the little things off the very members I bid against.  Also if someone here takes the time to mention an auction...that usually means they are not trying to hide thier actions, or prevent competition (thats why there is the "Recent Fun Finds" thread).  Off to place some snipes on a few items that I was directed to by one of our very own members, before the T-storm overhead takes out my power.

~jeff

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:34 am 

shadzar wrote:

you know those plastic boxes with a glued in segmented tray, AD&D pencil, set of 7 dice, blister of minis (depending on class F,T,P, or W), painting guide, player screen, blank map pages, stickers, etc; and still hasnt put them on the site, and i dont see them in that picture either.

I can see the priests pack in the 3rd picture, top of the bookshelf on the right. I would guess the other 3 are stacked behind it.
I'm sure Adrian will get around to posting them eventually. Same goes for acaeum submissions, it just takes time.

Mike

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 135123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 133134135