Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 135123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 133134135
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:18 am 

Hi everyone...lurker on this site for a while, finally decided to join the forum.

I'm 35, currently live in Lumberton, North Carolina, am a college professor, and have been gaming for oh, 22 years or so.  I was a Living Greyhawk triad for a few years (up until my recent move).

WHile I've held on to a lot of my old gaming,  am taking my first steps into "collecting" the hobby although actual play of the game seems to be in its twilight with me at this point.  I'm focusing primarily on pre-1985 stuff in an attempt, more than likely, to relive my childhood.  I've found that this stuff is very nostalgic with me, and brings back fond memories of my early teens.  And finding the stuff in nice shape is fun for me.  While I love my old copy of L2, it would be better suited to line a birdcage ;)

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with some of you all and sharing collecting and playing stories perhaps.

Kevin

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:55 am 

hello kevin!

welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time here....come and join in the chats anytime!

:)

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:05 pm 

Hello everyone,

My name is Keith.  I'm a 40-year-old physicist and writer who began playing D&D in 1978 as a freshman in high school.

I own quite a few collectible items, including an (authentic) Original D&D set and supplements, and very early editions of the PH, MM and DMG.

(By "very early", I mean my PH and MM have "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" across the top-center of the cover.  I really regret that no version of the DMG had this format.)

Despite owning a fair amount of vintage material, I'm a relatively new collector.  Thus, I'm just now learning the subtleties among the various editions.

I'm also a fan of H.P. Lovecraft and was thrilled to have found a good copy of "Deities and Demigods" that include his mythos.

Despite the fact that I haven't played in over 15 years, the material still holds tremendous appeal.

My near-term goal is to collect a lot of early Dungeon Modules (e.g., a monochrome "Tomb of Horrors"), which I've lost down through the years.

This seems to be a great forum.  Good luck to everyone's collecting goals.

Sincerely,
Keith

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:42 pm 

welcome keith!!

enjoy your time here :)

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:45 pm 

Welcome aboard, Kevin and Keith.  Kevin, it's always good to have another GH fan amongst us, and Keith you'll find that several of us are fans of HPL, CAS, REH, and the other Weird authors---a recent thread on CoC and HPL was started at A Cthulhu reading primer

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:08 pm 

Sup fellas! Michael from Denver, 28 years old. I've been gaming off and on for the past 14 years, though I've been in a rather long dry stretch lately, since moving to Denver. Turn-ons are primarily the AD&D accessories, rather than the requisite handbooks.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:35 pm 

Hola! I'm Mark from Manitowoc, WI.  Been playing off and on for 20 years and just really started collecting the last few years.  I'll see whoever's at GenCon at the Auction.

ICQ YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:44 am 

hello mark and michael!!! welcome to the acaeum and i hope you both enjoy your stay here - they are a great bunch of ppl here :)

welcome! :D

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:06 pm 

Hello everyone. Been a lurker ever since Grodog mentioned the Acaeum on the NG boards quite some time ago. (Thanks Grodog!) I am not a 'hardcore' collector but I have been in search of all of the nostalgia items I had from when I 1st started playing.

I'm 38 and started playing D&D back in 1980 but unfortunately most of the original items I had were either destroyed or lost over time. I have pretty much managed to re-aquire the things that I wanted to but I have found this site to be a fantastic repository for information for everything concerning early D&D.

Just flipping through my old 1st Ed. modules and books gives me that 'way back in time' feeling that I love. Hopefully I can pass the love of gaming on to my two children and leave them with a nice trove of goodies.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into maintaining this site.

-Brund the Collector

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:03 pm 

Hello peeps. I've been lurking round here for a couple of years and decided to register, now that I've begun to collect all the stuff I gave away or lost decades ago. :roll:

I've been playing D&D in its various incarnations, on and off, since '78. I live in the UK and in a few months' time I'll be forty-bloody-one. Crikey. 8O

I also want to say thanks to all those whose obsessive compulsive disorders have (a) made this site so interesting and (b) made me realise I am not alone.

Bree-yark!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:27 am 

Just wanted to say hi, I saw these boards references on another board and wanted to jump over to check them out.

Mike

"Clearly Tolkien never played D&D" Jason - Foxtrot Comic

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:10 pm 

Hi everyone! I started collecting stuff very scarcely last year by acquiring white box booklets sold by Galhavoc (Sue Weinlein Cook) so no, I can confirm months later that "Odhanan" wasn't an attempt at shilling the auction, since it was me.

I've been playing RPGs and collecting books through "normal" game store means for almost twenty years, but getting these booklets started the "collectionite", so to speak. I'm picking up things that catch my interest mainly because I don't want them to disappear in limbo and want to get a chance to make other people discover them. Like Temple of Elemental Evil, Undermountain, these kinds of modules/articles and whatnot.

I first came here because of the passing of David Sutherland, and decided to hang out for a while (if you don't mind, of course...). So. Hi everyone. :D (feels like posting for a AA online meeting :lol: )

Benoist Poiré

Iron Liege for the Iron League

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:52 pm 

Welcome, Benoist! The first step is admitting you have a collecting problem, which you have done. We will all work with you.
One book at a time.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:48 am 

Wuf! *sits up on his haunches and lifts a paw in the air to shake*

Hello everyone, I'm Andrew. I'm 37, live in Southern California, and work in television (behind the scenes on the news, never before the camera). I'm lycanthropic, but domesticated... I buy my rabbit, goat, and deer at the supermarket instead of hunting the neighbors.

I've been roleplaying since the late 1970s, had the orginal D&D booklets around the time the AD&D Monster Manual was first published but have since lost both booklets and manual. I don't emphasize TSR/WotC in my gaming collection; I go for the oddball and lesser-known games in general, although I do have such classics as Runequest, several versions of Tekumel, the Arcanum, and Unknown Armies.

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:17 am 

Helle everybody on the forum. I'm Ivo, native of the far away Netherlands. recently turned 24 and hopefuly finish my studies as prostethic engineer within the month.
I started playing AD&D some 10 years ago and started actively collecting about 3-4 years ago. My main intrests is AD&D since that's what I (still actively) play and but I try to collect also the earlyer items (I do have some 3e books but they where either for free or very very very cheap as I rely do not care for it).
Over the years my collection has grown to a sizeble 550 items with my prides being an allmost complete planescape campaign, a fighting wheel and a greyhawk: supllement I in very fine condition.
As you can see, I have a long way to go  :D
I've been using the Aaeum for years (ever since I came across the briliant TSR archive) for price estimates and questions (thanx for that) and this week I found out they also have a forum :).
One of the realy fun things of D&D is that it is quite a small world. when scanning through the names on the posts I allready found about 5 other people I have had contact with, hi to you all

I apologize for the typos and I hope you will enjoy my stay

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:58 am 

More Dutch people :) Welcome to the boards

*Hallo Ivo. Welkom op dit geweldige forum :) Zal het kort houden anders worden mensen hier boos en zo*

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:16 am 

Hij!  Ik spreek ook een beetje Nederlands!

Poorly, but I try! ;)

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:52 am 

If we get some more people we might try a Dutch section on the acaeum forums :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 135123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 133134135