Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 135123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:36 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Just hack 'em off, chuck 'em in a vase, and whalla . . . prize winner.  Yet another silly thing in my life.

You make rose arrangement sound so...brutal!  8O

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:18 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Just hack 'em off, chuck 'em in a vase, and whalla . . . prize winner. Yet another silly thing in my life.

You make rose arrangement sound so...brutal! 8O

It is!!   Competing with 70-80 year old women can get downright nasty.   They lay that evil eye on ya and it's all over . . .

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:28 am 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:It is!!  Competing with 70-80 year old women can get downright nasty.  They lay that evil eye on ya and it's all over . . .

Assuming that you fail your save versus spells.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:34 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:It is!! Competing with 70-80 year old women can get downright nasty. They lay that evil eye on ya and it's all over . . .

Assuming that you fail your save versus spells. :wink:

bah just get a mountain dwarf to do it - good resistance to spells :)

*imagines guido in a marquis with some old women showing roses....... guido goes into hong-kong-phooey mode....take that **kapow** and that **phwam** and a rinky-dinky-doo to you! oh look i got 1st prize*

:D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:35 pm 

Ummmm, remember . . . Gypsy + Evil Eye = all bad ; I forget all about the mountain dwarf.   What works well for me one of the classic races - wife with attitude.   This has effectively disrupted the Evil Eye effect.    Sigh . . .

Has anyone else seen the King of the Hill episode where Bobby enters the rose show?   Someone did their evil eye research . . .

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:53 pm 

I was just thinking of that episode and was gong to post about it - but you beat me to it!

Classic King of the Hill - one of my favorites!  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:00 pm 

KofH rocks. I always knew Mike Judge would do great things after the very first Beavis & Butthead. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:07 pm 

Greetings!

My name is Eric Johnson, age 31 from the Detroit area.  I've been fascinated with D&D since childhood (probably now more than ever).  
Sadly, there are very few people around me to play with as much as I'd like.    Lately I've been downloading some of the excellent classic module conversions people have made for Neverwinter Nights.

I've been enjoying this website and these forums for a few months now, too.  It was while reading through the 'Interesting Items Currently on eBay' posts when I felt compelled to join (I wish to call attention to my posting in that section).  Thank you for reading.  Now, I shall resume reading myself.

"Men sometimes have strange motives for the things they do." - Matthew Hopkins, Witchfinder General

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:35 am 

hello eric  :D

welcome to the forum! hope you enjoy your stay :)

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:02 pm 

My name is dewberry and I started play D&D back in 1994. I started playing 2nd edition with my oldest brother.  In my family D&D is pasted down for the the oldest male sibling to the youngest of the six of us. Back when I started I played once a week for about three or so years. After that I took a break untill 3rd edition came out and then I got my group back together, and we were so excited about the new D&D edition we played sometime all week. We had some good campaigns one lasted about three years in real life. As our characters developed in that campaign so did we as players. I have been playing a total of about 10 years or so I have most all the third edition book as well as many second edition. This is the first forum I have ever joined so hopfully it will be pretty cool. Peace out.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:08 am 

Welcome to Eric and Dewberry. This forum is growing steadily - and all's better for the gaming community.  8)

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:56 am 

dewless wrote:My name is dewberry

hello dewberry! hope you enjoy your stay here! :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:52 am 

Well hello to you all.
I am 30 years old and have been playing RPG's for the better part of my life now. (LARP, many many systems and even MTG).

It all started when I was at bording school - my room mate introduced me to D&D. That was back in '87. Strange enough I haven't touched the game since I graduated in '90. Untill now.

I just recently started buying D&D products - and frankly it has become an obsession with me ;)

Anyways - I'll get you a few scans of some scandinavian products soon :)

/B

WWW ICQ  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:03 am 

Brian Dyg Arp wrote:Well hello to you all.
I am 30 years old and have been playing RPG's for the better part of my life now. (LARP, many many systems and even MTG).

It all started when I was at bording school - my room mate introduced me to D&D. That was back in '87. Strange enough I haven't touched the game since I graduated in '90. Untill now.

I just recently started buying D&D products - and frankly it has become an obsession with me ;)

Anyways - I'll get you a few scans of some scandinavian products soon :)

Hello Brian & welcome to the forum! hope you enjoy your time here!

I was in Copenhagen last week with my girlfriend! We had a fantastic time there. I didn't find any good RPG shops though  :x

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:33 am 

Welcome Brian!
Another European collector onboard  :wink:

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:36 am 

welcome to the Acaeum Brian!

kind regards
william

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:38 am 

Thank you for the warm welcoms :)

killjoy32 did you have a look at Faraos? Sadly alle the small good shops have closed the past 5-10 years.

I look forward to my time here (may it be long and enjoyable).

/B

WWW ICQ  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:15 am 

Brian,

to be honest.... i didn't really get that much chance to look. It was my girlfriends birthday, so i had to do all the things she wanted to do *sigh*.....although that Ripley's believe it or not museum was hilarious! will go back there again sometime and see some more and maybe get a train to Malmo too!

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 135123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 133134135