Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 135123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 133134135
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:19 am 

Welcome Orlando - another Planes of Ebayer joins Acaeum.

You're not that far up the road for me if you want to try and get a game, you know!

William

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:46 am 

Hello William

We planers get around dont we.

wthomas wrote:Welcome Orlando - another Planes of Ebayer joins Acaeum.

You're not that far up the road for me if you want to try and get a game, you know!

William

You know what, that doesnt sound like a bad idea. Lets be clear though, i havent played in 18 years (do you know i had to work that out) so i would be crap.

What about yourself do you play much?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:28 am 

I haven't played since University in 1990/1 so its been ages.  I got into 2e and then stepped away but would be open to giving just about any edition a try.  ATM I'm writing something up for when the kids are old enough but getting a game in the MK / LB/ Aylesbury area would be excellent?

Which small village are you then?

William

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:44 pm 

wthomas wrote:I haven't played since University in 1990/1 so its been ages. I got into 2e and then stepped away but would be open to giving just about any edition a try. ATM I'm writing something up for when the kids are old enough but getting a game in the MK / LB/ Aylesbury area would be excellent?

Which small village are you then?

William

Just up the road in mursley, do you know it?

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:26 pm 

Hey OJ! Good to see you here, too. I can feel the Planescapey love in the air.  And I dig your avatar. >:}

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:53 am 

johnhuck wrote:
johnhuck wrote:Welcome to the forum.

And I'm sure that I speak for all members when I ask you to recall the story so far :twisted:

Sorry, that was a sincere welcome. But I just couldn't resist a crack about the story! :wink:

Sorry Gents - took me awhile to get here to introduce myself.   Never been much of a post-er, more of a lurker.  And hey, you guys take shots at the story all day long.   It's the damn dumbest thing I have ever read, and with the newest episode, it gets worst.   I can only blame my kids . . . (works for everything) 8O .   Somehow, it seems to hook people.   Weird, but I can't complain.

What do ya wanna know - no, eBay is not my source of income.   It just feeds a growing collection (and my sons - crazy Star Wars fanatic :wink: ).   Roleplaying is not my only hobby - I grow 150 roses and show them competitively primarily in the Midwest.   I know its weird, but I spend time with my wife AND I can occationally get a tan.   Tough to do in Minnesota.   I earn a couple of pennies a week at American Express.    A bunch of AMEX employees have now been introduced to Overlords collection.

Crap, this is weird . . . it's like a dating website or something.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:50 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:
johnhuck wrote:Sorry, that was a sincere welcome. But I just couldn't resist a crack about the story! :wink:

Sorry Gents - took me awhile to get here to introduce myself.  Never been much of a post-er, more of a lurker. And hey, you guys take shots at the story all day long.  It's the damn dumbest thing I have ever read, and with the newest episode, it gets worst.  I can only blame my kids . . . (works for everything) 8O .  Somehow, it seems to hook people.  Weird, but I can't complain.

What do ya wanna know - no, eBay is not my source of income.  It just feeds a growing collection (and my sons - crazy Star Wars fanatic :wink: ).  Roleplaying is not my only hobby - I grow 150 roses and show them competitively primarily in the Midwest.  I know its weird, but I spend time with my wife AND I can occationally get a tan.  Tough to do in Minnesota.  I earn a couple of pennies a week at American Express.  A bunch of AMEX employees have now been introduced to Overlords collection.

Crap, this is weird . . . it's like a dating website or something.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  When Aneoth, Badmike, and I were planning to meet up for the first time, I kept thinking "Is my hair ok?  Do my shorts match my eyes?  Is my shrinkwrap straight?"  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:04 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean. When Aneoth, Badmike, and I were planning to meet up for the first time, I kept thinking "Is my hair ok? Do my shorts match my eyes? Is my shrinkwrap straight?" :lol:

OK, so now you've done it.  :?  

Now I am going to have to spend the whole night going through all my stuff and re-check the shrinkwrap....... :oops:

Don't care so much about my shorts (As long as they are comfortable and fit), my eyes are covered with spectacles, and I have no hair.
So, no concerns there.... :roll:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:17 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote: I grow 150 roses and show them competitively primarily in the Midwest.

Competitive roses?  Do they have to run and the arena and stuff?  How do you train a roses??  8O

:wink:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:42 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Guido-the-Gypsy wrote: I grow 150 roses and show them competitively primarily in the Midwest.

Competitive roses? Do they have to run and the arena and stuff? How do you train a roses?? 8O

:wink:

Just hack 'em off, chuck 'em in a vase, and whalla . . . prize winner.   Yet another silly thing in my life.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:36 pm 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Just hack 'em off, chuck 'em in a vase, and whalla . . . prize winner.  Yet another silly thing in my life.

You make rose arrangement sound so...brutal!  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:18 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:Just hack 'em off, chuck 'em in a vase, and whalla . . . prize winner. Yet another silly thing in my life.

You make rose arrangement sound so...brutal! 8O

It is!!   Competing with 70-80 year old women can get downright nasty.   They lay that evil eye on ya and it's all over . . .

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:28 am 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:It is!!  Competing with 70-80 year old women can get downright nasty.  They lay that evil eye on ya and it's all over . . .

Assuming that you fail your save versus spells.  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:34 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:It is!! Competing with 70-80 year old women can get downright nasty. They lay that evil eye on ya and it's all over . . .

Assuming that you fail your save versus spells. :wink:

bah just get a mountain dwarf to do it - good resistance to spells :)

*imagines guido in a marquis with some old women showing roses....... guido goes into hong-kong-phooey mode....take that **kapow** and that **phwam** and a rinky-dinky-doo to you! oh look i got 1st prize*

:D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:35 pm 

Ummmm, remember . . . Gypsy + Evil Eye = all bad ; I forget all about the mountain dwarf.   What works well for me one of the classic races - wife with attitude.   This has effectively disrupted the Evil Eye effect.    Sigh . . .

Has anyone else seen the King of the Hill episode where Bobby enters the rose show?   Someone did their evil eye research . . .

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:53 pm 

I was just thinking of that episode and was gong to post about it - but you beat me to it!

Classic King of the Hill - one of my favorites!  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:00 pm 

KofH rocks. I always knew Mike Judge would do great things after the very first Beavis & Butthead. :)

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:07 pm 

Greetings!

My name is Eric Johnson, age 31 from the Detroit area.  I've been fascinated with D&D since childhood (probably now more than ever).  
Sadly, there are very few people around me to play with as much as I'd like.    Lately I've been downloading some of the excellent classic module conversions people have made for Neverwinter Nights.

I've been enjoying this website and these forums for a few months now, too.  It was while reading through the 'Interesting Items Currently on eBay' posts when I felt compelled to join (I wish to call attention to my posting in that section).  Thank you for reading.  Now, I shall resume reading myself.

"Men sometimes have strange motives for the things they do." - Matthew Hopkins, Witchfinder General

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 135123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 133134135