Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:27 pm 

Thank you all for welcoming me back.  It's great to see familiar names!

Best,

Paul

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:20 am 

Welcome Maku!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:56 pm 

PaulKM wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:This is more of a reintroduction.  I originally joined the back in 2009 and was active till 2112 or so.  Unfortunately, life got in the way followed by a series of ever-worsening physical problems. I have nothing but fond memories of my time here, and all the wonderful people I met—there are too many of you to list!  There were a few highlights: the four that standout were working on the Erol Otis Art Commission, watching the formation and success of the NTRPG Con, seeing the rise of independent small-scale gaming companies by some of the old guard, and playing in some early online campaigns.  We were able to do things here that other sites only dreamed of about. I was saddened to hear of Doug’s death.  He went out of his way to help me.  This site has so many good people.

I’ll be around, and to be honest, I’ve become ill again and will be looking to offload a few items.  That said, I’m still looking for my minty 4th edition white box and a few other items!  It’s hard to kill off a collector and player.

Best,

Paul.

I am rarely aound these days, but what a treat to pop on and see your post. Big hugs to you.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:59 pm 

I still remember when my older brother's friend came to our house and told me we were going to play this game called Dungeons & Dragons.  He had a copy of the Moldvay box set.  He handed me a green D&D Character sheet and a d6 and told me to roll.  Ten minutes later (admittedly, there were a lot of questions and a bit of confusion), my first character -- an axe wielding dwarf named Boofer -- was ready to start his first adventure.  

Given my intersections with the D&D community over the past few years, I can say pretty clearly, I'm old school.  I like B/X and AD&D (no need to mention an edition when there is only one).  When 2e came out we got the PHB but didn't have much enthusiasm beyond that.   Then I went off to college and all the books went in a box in my closet.  There they stayed for 25 years til my parents sold their house and I had to finally come and get ALL of my stuff out.

About 4 years ago,  I started collecting all the miniatures I always wanted (but couldn't afford) when I was a kid, then I learned about Judges Guild (got all their products), and I've been learning about and collecting all the 1970/80 era D&D and 3rd party related products I can find ever since.  Lucky for me, I found the Acaeum site early on and I've been enjoying it ever since.

This place really is a community - as much as any on-line forum can be anyway.  I'm glad to be a part of it.

Cheers,
- AZ

Keep rollin' 20s, my friends....

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:09 am 

Hello AZ!
Welcome to these boards!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:59 am 

Welcome AZMountaineer!  You'll learn about all kinds of things you didn't know you wanted!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:28 pm 

I almost never check this thread.

Nice to have you here! :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:11 am 

AZMountaineer wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:I still remember when my older brother's friend came to our house and told me we were going to play this game called Dungeons & Dragons.  He had a copy of the Moldvay box set.  He handed me a green D&D Character sheet and a d6 and told me to roll.  Ten minutes later (admittedly, there were a lot of questions and a bit of confusion), my first character -- an axe wielding dwarf named Boofer -- was ready to start his first adventure.
- AZ

Welcome to the boards! Out of curiousity, are in AZ?

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:00 am 

Hi all - I am rejoining under a more anonymous name as I share a link to my collection pics, for self-explaining reasons.

https://bagofholding.us

Someone helps me and reminds us what the thread to post collection pics is, please.

I also run a dedicated FB group and eBay store I am going to further populate, and as you will see I refer often to Acaeum in listings, my group and my blog above.

If having multiple profiles or posting the link above is any issue let me know and I will delete one / the link.

BOH

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:08 pm 

Welcome (again)!

Checked your site and saw a pic of 7 Woody's. 8O  8O  8O

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:26 pm 

shadeun wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome (again)!

Hi thanks for checking it out, and yes that's the reason, among other items. As rares become more valuable, we must prioritize personal safety.

Those who know me, know me :) but we appreciate their discretion.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:56 am 

shadeun wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome (again)!

Wow!!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:36 am 

Amazing collection  8O  8O  8O Love the layout of your collectibles dungeon  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:00 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Amazing collection  8O  8O  8O Love the layout of your collectibles dungeon  :)

Ditto! I wish i had the same room for my books... (they are closed in boxes for the majority of the stuff...)

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:03 am 

Hi,

I started playing in 1980 and for the most part finished playing (in person games) in 1990 when my companions and I grew up and went our separate ways. Lately, I have been playing AD&D online and having a lot of fun (the adventure continues)!! Even more recently, I started collecting (a new very cool adventure), as a kid I could never afford much (just had the players handbook and DMG). What a wealth of knowledge here (seems like many people put in a monumental effort), I am glad I found this website! I am happy to be here and hope to meet many of you.

Regards, Brian

Previous