Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 117123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 115116117
Author

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:56 am 
 

Sorry Ciro, you're right. The publisher was Sintagma, and you were what or english speaking friends call the editor-in-chief (head honcho, high mogul, resident evil wizard and such...)  :lol:

 YIM  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:04 pm 
 

What was so controversial about issue #7? Was the theme 'Sex and D&D' or similar? Being an Italian mag I can't imagine that would have got the editor into hot water...



Regards



Mike

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:16 pm 
 

Well, no Sex and D&D, but it was a very slim issue - half the others in pages - and it had two comic stories inside. Lots of the D&D people were sadly disappointed - and some instead said they were a good idea - the comics were made to illustrate the basics of D&D, with all the stats, characters and such.

It was the last of the line for the old publisher, and he didn't want to spend much on it, I guess - then I and my other friends came and published from number 8 to 12.

Continuing with the comics, but keeping a good deal of adventures as well - and finely illustrated ones, too.

 YIM  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:34 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Wow, I just realized that there were 38 new members to this forum just in February alone. That is a 10% increase in forum membership in just one month. That is incredible. Welcome all :D :D :D




Hi, I'm one of the newbies. Just joined very recently. I've known about The Acaeum for quite a long time, but never visited the forums.



Recently, though, I caught a nostalgia bug and decided to look up some old Judges Guild stuff. Now I'm hooked! Dang it. As if the new gaming stuff wasn't enough of a drain on my wallet!



(oh, and I'm old too.)

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:46 pm 
 

We're all oldies but goldies here I'm afraid, Diablo... and that RPG addiction sure is a bad thing to have. Luckily here we can get some fix for it  :lol:

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:47 pm 
 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Wow, I just realized that there were 38 new members to this forum just in February alone. That is a 10% increase in forum membership in just one month. That is incredible. Welcome all :D :D :D


Hi, I'm one of the newbies. Just joined very recently. I've known about The Acaeum for quite a long time, but never visited the forums.

Recently, though, I caught a nostalgia bug and decided to look up some old Judges Guild stuff. Now I'm hooked! Dang it. As if the new gaming stuff wasn't enough of a drain on my wallet!

(oh, and I'm old too.)


greetings! nice to see you here :) another who likes JG stuff...cool! good man! :)



  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 189
Joined: Dec 19, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 22, 2012

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:58 pm 
 

Introduction time.

Names Jeff.
I am a 30 year old gamer, got into the hobby when I was a well aged 12.  I learned the game from, of all people, a Catholic priest (thank you Father Dennis o'Donnel).

I basically collect anything RPG, my main focus now is the early days for the hobby, but I don't stick to just TSR or just DnD (which has the effect of spreading my money a little thin).


Prize of my collection(as of Feb 2005)...it's a toss up between my ratty Mechanoid Invasion set, The OCE box and my copy of Metamorphasis Alpha.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:50 pm 
 

rosenkav wrote:We're all oldies but goldies here I'm afraid, Diablo... and that RPG addiction sure is a bad thing to have. Luckily here we can get some fix for it :lol:




Yay for the old guys! I started gaming in '79 right after graduating from high school.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:53 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:greetings! nice to see you here :) another who likes JG stuff...cool! good man! :)




Yeah, for whatever reason, the JG stuff really pushes the ol' nostalgia button. I remember going into the nearby game and hobby store and just staring at all the RPG stuff. D&D, T&T, JG, C&S, Traveller, etc. My friend worked at the store, so I just went there and hung out all the time, and of course, spent all sorts of money.



The JG stuff really sticks out in my mind and now I wanna grab up as much as I can. :)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:20 pm 
 

i will always like the JG stuff more than anything else. just used to like the "rough" way the items used to look.



i think some of the material in their stuff stands up there amongst the best RPG stuff about imo.



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:51 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:i will always like the JG stuff more than anything else. just used to like the "rough" way the items used to look.



i think some of the material in their stuff stands up there amongst the best RPG stuff about imo.




I have some. Dark Tower, the Maltese Clue, all the Island, Castle, Village, Temple supplements, War Cry and Battle lust and The first fantasy campaign by Arneson. All in pristine condition. Sure the "feel" of the material was rough, but looks like it's more durable than the TSR counterparts.



Sorry this is off topic, but sometimes I love to brag LMAO

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:31 am 
 

well thats ok, i have all of them and much more so  :P



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:35 am 
 

GamersRest[FNG] wrote:Introduction time.



Names Jeff.

I am a 30 year old gamer, got into the hobby when I was a well aged 12. I learned the game from, of all people, a Catholic priest (thank you Father Dennis o'Donnel).



I basically collect anything RPG, my main focus now is the early days for the hobby, but I don't stick to just TSR or just DnD (which has the effect of spreading my money a little thin).





Prize of my collection(as of Feb 2005)...it's a toss up between my ratty Mechanoid Invasion set, The OCE box and my copy of Metamorphasis Alpha.




Hello Jeff.



The fact u've been introduced to the game by a Catholic priest strikes me as a bit weird. Well, if here would have happened in the same way, all the churches would have been full of youngsters  :lol:

 YIM  


Active Collector

Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 18, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 20, 2005
Location: Leighton Buzzard, UK

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:02 pm 
 

Hi Guys

I have been reading these posts for weeks and thought I ought to sign up.

My name is William and I work in London.  I'm 32 (oh good grief 33 isn't far away!!) and started playing in 1984 at school.  My first memories were playing B4 and splatting the Owlbear with my first natural 20!! :twisted:

I am beginning to build up the collection and I have what I consider aresome nice bits and bobs but very little that has colossal value (apart from some Planescape that emptied the bank account!!)

Nice to meet you all, and here's to many happy chats :D

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:17 pm 
 

wthomas wrote:Nice to meet you all, and here's to many happy chats :D


Hello Will! so you took the plunge and joined huh? :)

nice to see you here! have a nice weekend mate and speak to you monday-ish ok?

Al



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 343
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Last Visit: Dec 28, 2017
Location: Turin, Italy

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:22 pm 
 

Hello wthomas, and welcome aboard the Acaeum ship. :)

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:30 am 
 

wthomas wrote:Hi Guys

I have been reading these posts for weeks and thought I ought to sign up.

My name is William and I work in London. I'm 32 (oh good grief 33 isn't far away!!) and started playing in 1984 at school. My first memories were playing B4 and splatting the Owlbear with my first natural 20!! :twisted:

I am beginning to build up the collection and I have what I consider aresome nice bits and bobs but very little that has colossal value (apart from some Planescape that emptied the bank account!!)

Nice to meet you all, and here's to many happy chats :D


Welcome William. :D   It is always nice to have new legitimate members join the forum. :D


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 460
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Derby, CT

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:51 pm 
 

Hey all,

Well, I've been on this board for a year now, and I thought it was time:

Name -              Joe Kason
Location -           Derby, CT
Age -                 36
Marital status -    Yes
Collection size -   Not huge, or great (quality wise) - one bookcase and a footlocker
Current goal -     Finish my collection of The Dragon, then Dungeon, then get one of everything else (ambitious little bugger, aren't I?)
Status -              Only need 41 more issues of Dragon (all below issue 50), the footlocker is full of modules (plus an H1, the Theive's World box set,                              and Twighlight 2000 box set and modules)
Email -               [email protected] (goes to hotmail) Send a request & I'll email you a list of my current collection. Updates every time I send feedback                      for something I purchased on ebay.

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:19 am 
 

I just noticed our latest member.

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=509

The "Guido-the-Gypsy" :?:

Welcome to the forum.

And I'm sure that I speak for all members when I ask you to recall the story so far :twisted:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:54 am 
 

johnhuck wrote:I just noticed our latest member.

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=509

The "Guido-the-Gypsy" :?:

Welcome to the forum.

And I'm sure that I speak for all members when I ask you to recall the story so far :twisted:


Hello Paul! welcome to the Acaeum!

Alan



  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 117123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 115116117