Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:01 pm 

Hello! I've been playing D&D since 1981 and been a part of the Acaeum since 2006. I have a lot of OD&D, D&D, AD&D and other play aids from more recent times. I neglected to introduce myself and am doing that now! I will be selling most of my collection and think the Acaeum is one of the best sites in the world. Thanks, and I am sure I will be talking to you in the future.

Elmer

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:15 pm 

Hello Elmer.

Glad you have come out of the darkness into the light!  It's a shame you are planning to sell most of your collection, after all of these years, but at least you are with the right community to do so!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:45 pm 

We!come aboard Elmer!  The decision to part with something you've held onto for so long is not an easy one I'm sure.  Good luck.  Don't forget to let us all know by posting in the classified thread.  The more coverage the better.   :D

-SKA

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:29 am 

Hello again all!

Well - not really a new member as I used to go by "seeyouinescrow" and was fairly active back in like 2003-2005 maybe? I had forgotten my password and the email I used was so long gone and so there was no way to reset. Geez- I'd guess I haven't been on in probably 12-15 or more years but it's good to see some of the same folks I knew a bit back in the day. Reason for my return is that I'm thinking of listing some of my many treasured DSL art prints on Ebay soon but I thought that perhaps I might try classifieds here first as this is where all the best and true collectors are found. Anyway - it's really nice to be back and I'll look forward to posting more very soon!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:36 am 

Welcome back and looking forward to seeing your beautiful artworks!
Ciaoo

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:20 pm 

Hello everybody!  Well, I’ve finally joined after a few years of lurking in the shadows (seems appropriate for D&D :D )  I honestly havent played in years but started in 80(?) when my brother gave me his holmes boxset.  And then his friends loaned me dice and some hardbacks.  That was one cool facet back then, how hard it was to get the books.  Made them seem like ancient relics.  I kept checking them out from the library until I started mowing lawns and was able to buy my own.
Anyways great site wish I had found it waaaaay earlier!
~Robert

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:29 pm 

Hello Robert,

Welcome - glad you decided to step into the light!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:16 am 

Welcome! Many of us are also normally lurkers as well. Enjoy the site. There is a ton of info and history, and some members have links to excellent  content of their own.
Steve

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:32 pm 

Welcome!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:08 pm 

Welcome Malygris!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:06 pm 

This is more of a reintroduction.  I originally joined the back in 2009 and was active till 2112 or so.  Unfortunately, life got in the way followed by a series of ever-worsening physical problems. I have nothing but fond memories of my time here, and all the wonderful people I met—there are too many of you to list!  There were a few highlights: the four that standout were working on the Erol Otis Art Commission, watching the formation and success of the NTRPG Con, seeing the rise of independent small-scale gaming companies by some of the old guard, and playing in some early online campaigns.  We were able to do things here that other sites only dreamed of about. I was saddened to hear of Doug’s death.  He went out of his way to help me.  This site has so many good people.

I’ll be around, and to be honest, I’ve become ill again and will be looking to offload a few items.  That said, I’m still looking for my minty 4th edition white box and a few other items!  It’s hard to kill off a collector and player.

Best,

Paul.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:34 pm 

Welcome back Paul! It's nice to read you again!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:17 am 

Best of luck with your health Paul.

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:39 am 

PaulKM wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:I’ll be around, and to be honest, I’ve become ill again and will be looking to offload a few items.  That said, I’m still looking for my minty 4th edition white box and a few other items!  It’s hard to kill off a collector and player.

Best,

Paul.

Good to hear you are back. I hope that things will get better.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:34 am 

Great to hear from you Paul. Sorry to hear you are not well and I hope your situation improves soon.
I miss our games all those years ago. Such great memories!

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:57 am 

Hello!  I started playing in the mid-80s when I was 8, alternating indiscriminately between D&D and AD&D.  I switched to 2nd edition in the 90s.  I stopped playing when I went to college, but would purchase the occasional vintage item I stumbled across. Fiend Folio was my first “collector” purchase, and at the time I thought it was a very lucky find.  The release of 5e coincided with my children being old enough to play, so I started playing 5e to introduce them to the game.  Now they play more than I ever did (home campaign, friends campaign, school club campaign).

My favorite adventure from my earliest years of playing was The Gauntlet, and when I started collecting more seriously the UK series of modules was my first priority.  The only D&D item of any value that survived from my youth was a near mint Jade Hare, and that is what first brought me here.  I have a fondness for foreign language editions.  ST1 is my most desired item.  I do not find shrink appealing.

I spent a pretty appalling amount of time lurking here even before becoming a member, so thank you for all of the sage advice (much of which I have regrettably failed to heed)!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:45 pm 

PaulKM wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:This is more of a reintroduction.  I originally joined the back in 2009 and was active till 2112 or so.  Unfortunately, life got in the way followed by a series of ever-worsening physical problems. I have nothing but fond memories of my time here, and all the wonderful people I met—there are too many of you to list!  There were a few highlights: the four that standout were working on the Erol Otis Art Commission, watching the formation and success of the NTRPG Con, seeing the rise of independent small-scale gaming companies by some of the old guard, and playing in some early online campaigns.  We were able to do things here that other sites only dreamed of about. I was saddened to hear of Doug’s death.  He went out of his way to help me.  This site has so many good people.

I’ll be around, and to be honest, I’ve become ill again and will be looking to offload a few items.  That said, I’m still looking for my minty 4th edition white box and a few other items!  It’s hard to kill off a collector and player.

Best,

Paul.

Welcome back!!   :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:46 pm 

Welcome Maku!   8)

PreviousNext