Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:09 am 

grodog wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:
You have excellent taste in modules, Trevor! :D

Allan.

Haha thanks Allan. Still have my copy on display under a glass case!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 5:15 pm 

Luz wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Haha thanks Allan. Still have my copy on display under a glass case!

De nada.  If you're still playing with S4 in a game, my page at Greyhawk's "Lost" Dungeon Levels:  S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth might catch your eye ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:20 pm 

grodog wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:De nada.  If you're still playing with S4 in a game, my page at Greyhawk's "Lost" Dungeon Levels:  S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth might catch your eye ;)

Indeed it has! Many years ago I gave that a read, you presented some wonderful details and ideas. As I'm always looking for an opportunity to re-run this classic, using some of your (and Kuntz's) expansions would be a terrific way to catch my veteran players off guard. Further, one of the few (only?) classic Gygax modules I never ran was WG4, so it could be woven into a much larger campaign along with S4.

Also, is there somewhere where I can find your high-level version from the 2015 convention that is mentioned in your article? You've piqued my interest...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:11 am 

I've had Allan's site at the top of my bookmark list for years.
I just can never find the time to sit down and read through it.  :oops:
But it's there at no.1 in my 'must read' list, with Zenopus coming in at no.2.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:39 pm 

Luz wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Indeed it has! Many years ago I gave that a read, you presented some wonderful details and ideas. As I'm always looking for an opportunity to re-run this classic, using some of your (and Kuntz's) expansions would be a terrific way to catch my veteran players off guard. Further, one of the few (only?) classic Gygax modules I never ran was WG4, so it could be woven into a much larger campaign along with S4.

Indeed, it's a good combo!

Luz wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Also, is there somewhere where I can find your high-level version from the 2015 convention that is mentioned in your article? You've piqued my interest...

I haven't shared the higher-level version yet---it need some further development and playtesting first.  So, if you keep an eye out, I'm sure you'll have a chance to play it again in the future =)

mbassoc2003 wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:I've had Allan's site at the top of my bookmark list for years.
I just can never find the time to sit down and read through it.  :oops:
But it's there at no.1 in my 'must read' list, with Zenopus coming in at no.2.

LOL.  Well, I'm still updating parts of it as time and inspiration allow, Ian.  Just so you know, I've got a blog now too, though ;)  (Nothing as extensive and regular as Zach's but it is there!).  

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:35 am 

Hey all.

Long time Acaeum user! I just signed up to report a bootleg seller on eBay, and figured I'd say hi.

I've been collecting RPG, fantasy, comics and sci-fi books and stuff for about 5 years. Before that I collected vinyl records.
I've been playing D&D since Moldvay/Cook B/X and AD&D. I kinda gapped out around the beginning of 2e - 4e. Currently I play 5e on Roll20 and various retroclones/OSR stuff when I can find players.

I post my collection on my instagram (same @ as my username here), check it out if you want to see some of my stuff!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:23 am 

Welcome for_the_love_of_the_stuff!  I don't do instagram....yet, but this is a great place for all things collecting rpgs.  Many of us here have collections in areas other than rpgs, but we don't talk about them much.  Most people on these forums lean toward OD&D and 1st edition but not all.  

I hope you'll join us for the North Texas RPG Convention next year.  It's always the first weekend in June.  Next year it will be June 1st-5th.  The Con will be held at the Westin DFW Airport Hotel in Irving , Texas.  Special guests usually include several of the more important figures in the history of RPGs as a whole and Dungeons & Dragons in particular.  It's serious rpg fun!   :D

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:47 pm 

Welcome!!!

Previous