Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 126 of 135123 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:30 am 

Welcome RB3!

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:37 pm 

:: Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself, I’m a Man of Wealth and Taste…. You Know How the Rest of the Song Goes.

All, I have been given the task of redistributing the collection of an Acaeum member here, Phaedran.

I will happily go into reasons why at a later date, but right now, the thought of it all almost crushes me and brings me to tears. It was Phaedran’s Wish that these collectibles be sold to the World in order to help his daughter, who is 16 years old.

I am sure many of you know this man. I will be posting Gencon pics soon, but you will absolutely recognize his face. Many of you have won auctions against him, and many times he had his hand raised longer than you did.

I know this, because Phaedran is related to me. I have been in those auction halls myself. I am actually an Acaeum member here, and have been for quite some time.

However, as this is for the sale of items, I wish to keep my existing account separate.

I understand that I have absolutely zero  selling experience, but if you look at my ebay profile, you will see I have a 100% rating for all transactions. Not just in the last 6 months. ALL transactions.

I understand the value, rarity, and importance of this collection, and I assure you, each item will be given the proper care and treatment, especially because most of it is absolutely beautiful.

Shrink. Signatures. COA’s. Artwork. Garycon. Anniversaries. Acaeum Only Artwork + more....

I have multiple ways of contact, and will create accounts if need be. I am in process of getting more accounts (specifically FB) set up ASAP. In the meantime, as I plan to begin sales within the next few days, I wanted to get this information out there.

Edit - For some reason the ebay link isnt working. ID is same as my insta and forum handle (and every other social media account I create regarding this.) ebay.com/usr/asmodeusrising666, and if you click the WWW on my profile it will bring you right to the auctions.

Insta: http://www.instagram.com/asmodeusrising666

I will be posting this notice on DF as well.

Thank you all for your support, and let me know if you have ANY questions.

:+: Asmodeus, Tinkering Around on the 9th Plane of His Personal Hell

::Asmodeus Has Spoken

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:33 am 

Hi all

Great to find this site. I am a bit of a collector and have played since early 80’s like many others I see.  Cheers

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:08 am 

Hi.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:11 am 

Welcome Azagul!  If you are an RPG collector, this is the place to be!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:21 am 

Welcome Azagul!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:43 pm 

Welcome to the group Azagul

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:16 pm 

Welcome to the Acaeum Azagul.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:23 pm 

Thank you all, certainly is the place to be!

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:53 pm 

Greetings! I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons off and on for many years now (first time was 1980). A friend of mine passed away a few years ago, and he left me all the games that we used to play together... everything from Car Wars to D&D to Starfleet Battles... you get the idea. I've finally come to the point that my desire for space in my house is SIGNIFICANTLY outpacing the sentimentality I have for all these items. I've been doing some selling on eBay, but wow is figuring out the correct price a headache. A friend of mine pointed me to this site, and I've found it very helpful. That being said, I notice that the prices here are often less than what items are selling for on eBay. Is that simply people paying what the market will bear, or being unaware of what the item is actually worth? It's a confusing mess. For the most part, I've been selling for what I think I can get away with. I hope that doesn't put me in the dregs of humanity somewhere. Anyway. I don't have a list of items. I kept avoiding and putting off for so long, I just started working a box at a time. If you have any thoughts/ideas about selling, I'd love to have a chat.

Brian

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:27 pm 

Hello Forum!

Played D&D as a kid in the early 80's (I'm 48 now). I've only begun really collecting this past year in July.

I've been a member of the forum since about mid-July, but have only been lurking around and benefiting greatly from the website overall. Can't imagine collecting without this collective resource! What an amazing amount of work?! So valuable. I've brought the Acaeum to the attention of a few other general collectors I know, just trying to spread the word.

Happy to be a member, hoping to lose my lurker status...

- bc72

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:38 pm 

Welcome Brian and bc72.  

Brian, the prices over the past year have gone up quite a bit and some of the current prices may be a bit out-dated. If Ebay hasn't removed the advanced search feature that allows for sold item searches, that is the best way to determine prices.

-Shawn

Available now from Die Cast Games: Night of the Black Swords by Allen Hammack (Author of C2-The Ghost Tower of Inverness) with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:51 pm 

Greetings!

Name: Toren Atkinson

Born 1970, started playing around 1985

Couldn't afford much published material so I made my own superhero RPG called Power Enterprise: Power Enterprise Superhero RPG – Toren Atkinson

Started drawing professionally for Pagan Publishing, Chaosium and TSR in the mid-90s
Original Art for Sale – Toren Atkinson

Co-wrote/illustrated the indie RPG Spaceship Zero for Green Ronin 2001

Got into the animation industry 2011 and currently storyboarding for a day job, but occasionally do game art freelance. IICFF Official Selection: RUIN NATION - YouTube

Also I'm the lead singer for the Cthulhu rock band The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Glad to be here with some like minds!

Creator of Spaceship Zero, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, Caustic Soda, Ruin Nation, Toren's Guide to Everything and other weirdness

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:19 pm 

Welcome torenatkinson!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:20 pm 

torenatkinson wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Also I'm the lead singer for the Cthulhu rock band The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Always good to have another pseudopodbanger around. Ever heard this one? The Linus Pauling Quartet's C is for Cthulhu [Official Video] - YouTube

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 am 

Hi All - wanted to say hi and just share a good natured laugh and comment on the hobby these days.

I used to be a collector and had a lot of OD&D, Basic and AD&D items. but about 7-8 years ago I sold off my entire collection. And sadly, I didn't even need the money; I just felt like moving on to another hobby - collecting and painting resin model kits.

Despite no longer collecting D&D, I've kept active in the hobby by being in a bi-weekly gaming group.

Anyway, I've gotten the bug again and I'm going to try to start a collection again - and not sell it this time!

The prices are simply stunning these days though!  For example, just 7-8 years ago I purchased an OD&D white box set in great condition with Greyhawk, Blackmoor and EW.  And the whole ball of wax was $200-250.  I think I sold it all for about $350 and felt like I did well.  Man, I wish I had those now!

In any case, so far I've only purchased the core AD&D books (PHB, MM, DMG, MMII, FF) and AD&D modules G1, G2 and G3 - at reasonable prices. I think my next purchase will be to find a nice White Box set and supplements - but I probably need to budget $500-750.

Cheers!
George

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:28 pm 

gvaughn1 wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Anyway, I've gotten the bug again and I'm going to try to start a collection again - and not sell it this time!

It sounds like reprints just aren't good enough? If I were in your position today, I'd probably buy a copy of Art & Arcana & be done with it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm 

sauromatian wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:
It sounds like reprints just aren't good enough? If I were in your position today, I'd probably buy a copy of Art & Arcana & be done with it.

That's a sensible idea and I do have Art & Arcana.  But there's just something about holding the original books in your hands that's hard to replicate for me. I've been kicking myself for selling my collection.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 126 of 135123 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 133134135