Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 126 of 135123 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 133134135
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:22 pm 

Hello everyone, I figured I would introduce myself to the community.  I'm a new member with a pretty common story, although I suspect I am on the younger side of D&D collectors here.  I Started playing 2nd edition in 1998-ish around the age of twelve and saved all my money that year to purchase a Mentzer red box with sealed dice and crayon because it was the coolest thing I had ever seen (still is) from Natasha's Arena in RI.  Around that same time I also bought a 1st edition DMG and PH pretty much for the art as I knew no one who was playing 1st edition.  I've been collecting on and off ever since and have used the wealth of information here to answer many questions about OOP stuff.  I was also star struck by the original authors who are members here and would chime in on their creations to clarify info or provide stories from the early days of the hobby.  Hopefully I can contribute, but I may be learning more from you then you from me.
-Clancy

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:12 am 

Welcome Clancy!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:11 am 

We're glad you are here Clancy.  Welcome!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:33 pm 

Clancy wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors: I've been collecting on and off ever since and have used the wealth of information here to answer many questions about OOP stuff.  I was also star struck by the original authors who are members here and would chime in on their creations to clarify info or provide stories from the early days of the hobby.  Hopefully I can contribute, but I may be learning more from you then you from me.
-Clancy

I think you described perfectly most if not all of us long time lurkers that have outed ourselves on here.

Welcome aboard Clancy   Great intro!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:35 pm 

Alaskanaut wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors: it was absolutely gripping to me at the time.

I enjoyed the story, thanks for taking the time out to share with us Alasknaut

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:03 pm 

I don't think I have done this yet....

Greetings everyone. My name is Kevin. I started playing D&D with a friend's HEAVILY home-brewed rules about... 42? years ago. Played a variety of RPGs pretty heavily until the mid-90s, then A ) moved away for university, so I lost my gaming group, and B ) got into Magic the Gathering pretty heavily. Started teaching on a reserve in northern Manitoba in 1997, sold my Magic cards, didn't do any gaming until I moved to a small farming town to teach in in 2003, and got sucked back into gaming (Magic first, then D&D) around 2011. Got back into collecting heavily around 2014. (man, I use the word 'heavily' a lot)

Today, I am in to playing Magic, D&D (mostly 5th ed, but I try to run B/X or 1st edition) and Call of C'Thulhu (either 6th or 7th edition). I collect for the following:
- B/X / BECMI / RC D&D (mostly just picking up modules I am missing now... have original prints of all the Gazetteers, all the box sets, and most of the modules/supplements, just need to fill up the modules I am missing, and a lot of the later RC and on products
- selected 1st and 2nd edition AD&D: mostly anything to do with Greyhawk [have just started getting my toes wet with Forgotten Realms stuff, but very limited]; I have most of the important stuff, like C'Thulhu Deities & Demigods, complete sets of Wizards and Priests Spell Handbooks, complete faux leather Magic Item Compendiums, and a complete set of splatbooks minus the Spelljammer and Forgotten Realms specific ones, which I don't really like; there's a few second and third edition Greyhawk books I need, and some random stuff I want, but not a lot. Basically, I just keep my eyes open for Greyhawk or generic stuff I don't have.
- selected 5th edition D&D: I don't buy all of it, but I get the rulebooks and anything with strong ties to Greyhawk

Other interests
- Magic (kinda sorta.... more buying cards I need for decks than pure collecting)
- WEG Star Wars d6 (almost have a complete collection... I need something like 20 modules/supplement books, and one box set)
- all editions of Unknown Armies (I think all I am missing is the Ascension of the Magdalene module, and the Games Day one that came out for 3rd ed last year)
- R. Tal's Cyberpunk (I have everything released for 2013, 2020, Cybergeneration, v3, and 2077, except for the 2020 GM screen, the Paranoia crossover module Alice Through The Mirrorshades, and the v3 Gangbook)
- 7th Ed Call of C'Thulhu (because trying to collect the older stuff at this point would be MADNESS)
- original Netrunner cards (the ones that were produced by WOTC)
- original ILLUMINATI: NWO ccg cards
- whatever other random OSR or oddball system attract my attention (LL, Advanced LL, Old School Essentials, OSRIC, Stars Without Number, The Savage World of Solomon Kane...)
- pinball machines (anyone? anyone?)

Mostly just lurking here for now. I come by to check out stuff infrequently. So, hello!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:02 pm 

TheBadgerKing wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:I don't think I have done this yet....

Greetings everyone. My name is Kevin.......

Mostly just lurking here for now. I come by to check out stuff infrequently. So, hello!

Hello back at 'cha and welcome!  As you have probably already found out, you'll learn about stuff here you didn't know you wanted.   8)

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:07 pm 

Hello everyone, I am very glad to have found this site.

I'm retired military, located in Las Vegas, and I'm looking to start collecting AD&D and D&D stuff: Rules, Sets and modules.  Last time I played was back in 1986ish, so this is almost a whole new adventure for me.  Might consider even getting back into playing, not sure on that one yet, but considering it.  Anyway, I'm looking to put a nice collection together and found this site, hopefully I can learn alot from here and the people associated with the site.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:14 pm 

Welcome RB3:

You came to the right place. Lots of great information and knowledgeable collectors here. It is a fun hobby and if you play as well it makes it even better.
Another benefit is that generally speaking the collecting side of the hobby is still affordable but there are of course extreme levels of which you will soon discover as you spend time here  :D

Cheers,
Curt

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:30 pm 

Welcome RB3!  You will find a wealth of information here, and a lot of friendly people that will be willing to help you with your collecting needs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:30 am 

Welcome RB3!

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:37 pm 

:: Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself, I’m a Man of Wealth and Taste…. You Know How the Rest of the Song Goes.

All, I have been given the task of redistributing the collection of an Acaeum member here, Phaedran.

I will happily go into reasons why at a later date, but right now, the thought of it all almost crushes me and brings me to tears. It was Phaedran’s Wish that these collectibles be sold to the World in order to help his daughter, who is 16 years old.

I am sure many of you know this man. I will be posting Gencon pics soon, but you will absolutely recognize his face. Many of you have won auctions against him, and many times he had his hand raised longer than you did.

I know this, because Phaedran is related to me. I have been in those auction halls myself. I am actually an Acaeum member here, and have been for quite some time.

However, as this is for the sale of items, I wish to keep my existing account separate.

I understand that I have absolutely zero  selling experience, but if you look at my ebay profile, you will see I have a 100% rating for all transactions. Not just in the last 6 months. ALL transactions.

I understand the value, rarity, and importance of this collection, and I assure you, each item will be given the proper care and treatment, especially because most of it is absolutely beautiful.

Shrink. Signatures. COA’s. Artwork. Garycon. Anniversaries. Acaeum Only Artwork + more....

I have multiple ways of contact, and will create accounts if need be. I am in process of getting more accounts (specifically FB) set up ASAP. In the meantime, as I plan to begin sales within the next few days, I wanted to get this information out there.

Edit - For some reason the ebay link isnt working. ID is same as my insta and forum handle (and every other social media account I create regarding this.) ebay.com/usr/asmodeusrising666, and if you click the WWW on my profile it will bring you right to the auctions.

Insta: http://www.instagram.com/asmodeusrising666

I will be posting this notice on DF as well.

Thank you all for your support, and let me know if you have ANY questions.

:+: Asmodeus, Tinkering Around on the 9th Plane of His Personal Hell

::Asmodeus Has Spoken

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:33 am 

Hi all

Great to find this site. I am a bit of a collector and have played since early 80’s like many others I see.  Cheers

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:08 am 

Hi.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:11 am 

Welcome Azagul!  If you are an RPG collector, this is the place to be!   8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:21 am 

Welcome Azagul!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:43 pm 

Welcome to the group Azagul

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:16 pm 

Welcome to the Acaeum Azagul.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 126 of 135123 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 133134135