Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 124 of 135123 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 133134135
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:26 pm 

And you, Alaskanaut!

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:56 pm 

Alaskanaut wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:........

But I see myself as being "back" hopefully to stay, or at least become more involved. Collecting isn't a primary interest—but it is interesting, and I've loved reading about long-lost connections being renewed in some of the threads here. (Collecting also appears to take a lot of money, and that's not a resource I have much of any more. But its still nice to read about it, and I am very patient when it comes to rebuilding what I lost—even if I very much lament the stupidity of a younger self who thought moving required purging choice items for pennies or even nothing. I am—slowly—learning lessons others knew more easily than I.)

I'll probably return to lurking for a bit and reading, but this time as a member. Be seeing you.

Welcome Alaskanaut!  This is a website rich in information for collecting and gaming.  I've learned quite a bit over the years.  And while your resources may be low, I personally have found that there are lots of rpg collectibles to be had for relatively cheap prices, especially if you are patient.  I wish you the best in your hunt!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm 

Thanks everyone!

Now I need a reckoning of what I do have, and then try to prioritize with what I'd like vs. availability vs. my budget.

Don't suppose there are any other Alaskans on here, are there? (Alaska really isn't like those littler states like Rhode Island or Texas, sometimes even finding other Alaskans is like discovering new people thousands of miles away.)

--Scott
Hobby-applied project: http://orc.one
Day/night job: http://cgfx.us

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm 

Hey all, I used to be a member on here between 2009-2012, but then forgot my username and password. (I used to be Astenon on here.) When my TurboLister file become corrupted, I just lost heart in trying to sell my old stuff.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:46 pm 

returning member wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hey all, I used to be a member on here between 2009-2012, but then forgot my username and password. (I used to be Astenon on here.) When my TurboLister file become corrupted, I just lost heart in trying to sell my old stuff.

Welcome back!! I know that feeling...I forgot my original password from my first account too and eventually made a second :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:14 am 

returning member wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hey all, I used to be a member on here between 2009-2012, but then forgot my username and password. (I used to be Astenon on here.) When my TurboLister file become corrupted, I just lost heart in trying to sell my old stuff.

:D Well done on the user name. ;)
--Ron--

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:42 pm 

rredmond wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors::D Well done on the user name. ;)
--Ron--

+1 That is fantastic  :D   and welcome back!!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:26 pm 

Thanks for the welcome/comments, guys!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:54 pm 

Quick question. Does TurboLister still exist for ebay, or has something replaced it?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:53 pm 

returning member wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Quick question. Does TurboLister still exist for ebay, or has something replaced it?

it still exists but several of the categories are not supported and the pre-filled information is not available anymore

Make them pay as much as they think they can afford...J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:48 pm 

Thanks Webrik. I've discovered that TurboLister isn't available in the UK anymore, and that TurboLister hasn't been supported since 2017. Apparently "seller hub" is now the thing to use, at least in the UK. I've not used it yet though.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 pm 

Hi, I've known about this site for some time (well probably closer to 2 decades) and have perused it occasionally over the years.  Today I finally decided to join the forums.

Long story short, I've been working all over Canada and parts of the world since the early 2000's  I have a large collection of 1st edition D&D, AD&D and early Dragon Magazines that I stored at a family members home for well over 25 years - much of it is in near mint condition.  My family is getting up in years and  I have to decide either to start selling it or decide where to store it.  

Guess that's why I'm here.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:03 pm 

spruce.moose wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi, I've known about this site for some time (well probably closer to 2 decades) and have perused it occasionally over the years.  Today I finally decided to join the forums.

Long story short, I've been working all over Canada and parts of the world since the early 2000's  I have a large collection of 1st edition D&D, AD&D and early Dragon Magazines that I stored at a family members home for well over 25 years - much of it is in near mint condition.  My family is getting up in years and  I have to decide either to start selling it or decide where to store it.  

Guess that's why I'm here.

Welcome spruce.moose!  You've come to a good place to think about what to do with your collection.  What you are talking about has been discussed before with many people taking different directions.  Figuring out what's right for you can take some time.  I sold most of my collection at one time, then bought many of the items I had sold back again plus more, and now I've unloaded a sizeable chunk again.  It helps if you have someone(s) in your family who can appreciate your collection as much as you did/have, but that appears to be rare in most cases.  I wish you the best!   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:22 am 

Welcome aboard spruce.moose!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:27 pm 

Welcome, Spruce!

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:39 pm 

Thank you all for the friendly welcome. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:08 am 

Welcome spruce.moose!
Great name and fun avatar. As you can see you are among kindred spirits. :D
Good luck!
--Ron--

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:53 am 

Greetings,

Perhaps like some others I am a long time lurker, 10+ years, who is now joining the forums. I am looking to make some contributions to the conversations as well as support the Acaeum (I owe it).

Been a serious RPG collector for over 10/15 years now, I do not have a lot of the higher ticket items but I can boast quantity. I do have some interesting one-off items as well, such as original art. Been playing RPGs since 82' and primarily am interested in D&D/TSR but also other systems such as Merp (have full set except for 4 supplements), CoCthulhu, Runequest, T&T, Battletech, Pendragon, Shadowrun, and varies magazines/portfolios/digests. Almost the entirety of my collection is pre-2000 and mostly 70s/80s. Based in the Philadelphia area.

Thanks for having me.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 124 of 135123 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125 ... 133134135