Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 123 of 135123 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:40 pm 

Been a while since I have visited The Acaeum, and I am glad to see it well and thriving.

Life gets in the way but there are few constants...this is one of them.

I toast to this community of die-hard nerds and geeks just like me!

Héctor.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:44 am 

Welcome back Héctor!
Hope all is well with you!
—Ron—

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:00 pm 

rredmond wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome back Héctor!
Hope all is well with you!
—Ron—

Thank you, Ron. Good to be back!

H.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:31 pm 

Chucho68 wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Been a while since I have visited The Acaeum, and I am glad to see it well and thriving.

Life gets in the way but there are few constants...this is one of them.

I toast to this community of die-hard nerds and geeks just like me!

Héctor.

Back in Chicago?

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:53 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:
Back in Chicago?

Oh, yeah. I never left. I should be finishing my studies by June 2020. And then, to find work...

Héctor

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:01 am 

Hello everyone,

new poster here, and I don't know the site's etiquette so I hope I'm right to post here.

This forum has been suggested to me because I'm a former player and collector of AD&D, and there are some items I want to sell.
I write here because I am not a professional seller, so I'm looking for some form of appraisal of the condition of my books: where should I post first?

Just to be clear, I own some different boxed sets and books of Forgotten Realms and Planescape mainly, plus a couple of Ravenloft books and something else.
What kind of pictures are needed for the appraisal? External shot of the box, front and back, and a general image of the books are enough, or do you need something more?

Thank you,

lp

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:17 pm 

lp331518 wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello everyone,

new poster here, and I don't know the site's etiquette so I hope I'm right to post here.

This forum has been suggested to me because I'm a former player and collector of AD&D, and there are some items I want to sell.
I write here because I am not a professional seller, so I'm looking for some form of appraisal of the condition of my books: where should I post first?

Just to be clear, I own some different boxed sets and books of Forgotten Realms and Planescape mainly, plus a couple of Ravenloft books and something else.
What kind of pictures are needed for the appraisal? External shot of the box, front and back, and a general image of the books are enough, or do you need something more?

Thank you,

lp

Check out the grading section of this site found here:
https://www.acaeum.com/frontdesk/grading.html

If you want our opinions, post pictures.  The picture ideas you proposed sound good.  You can look on eBay and see how sellers present their products.  You like some listings and not like others.  You'll catch on.

The questions you ask have been asked many times before.  Use the search feature and you'll find lots of helpful advice.  If there's something you can't find the answer to, we'll try to help as best we can.   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:44 pm 

lp331518 wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello everyone,

Thank you,

lp

You can ask here in the Collecting Appraisal forum or in the Facebook Acaeum group on FB. Photos are a must, as detailed as possible. If I'm looking at prices, I look at eBay and filter by SOLD listings, then average out the prices in my head. DON'T look at Amazon for pricing, I don't know what is going on over there but the prices are so inflated as to be ridiculous. You can also check the individual listings on the main section here for the latest eBay (somewhat accurate if a little behind.)

That's my best 2 coppers worth.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:33 pm 

Thanks for the replies, in a couple of days I'll post some pictures of the sets.

Browsing the forum, it seems that many of you are more geared towards really old and important material, but I hope you can help me in appraising even more recent items.
BTW, is there some interest for foreign language editions? I'm italian, so some of my books are in my language, and many in english.

lp

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:04 am 

Ciao e benvenuto, there are some fellows from italy on these boards!

Back to your points: yes, foreign editions do have a value... The red box in italy does have a special value in case of first print (printed in spain!)... By "editions" i an ref to dnd and adnd 1E...

Ciaooo

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:25 am 

aia wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Ciao e benvenuto, there are some fellows from italy on these boards!

Back to your points: yes, foreign editions do have a value... The red box in italy does have a special value in case of first print (printed in spain!)... By "editions" i an ref to dnd and adnd 1E...

Ciaooo

Hey,

good to know there's some interest even for foreign material; although my red box has seen some heavy, heavy play, so it's probably really out of shape, I have some other boxes (Expert and Companion), one or two supplements, and game manuals for AD&D 2nd ed.

Just to avoid breaking the etiquette, when posting in the appraisal forum, should i make a different thread per single item, or should I open one megathread "lp331518's collection" and post everything in there?

lp

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:39 am 

As you prefer... Usually people open 1-item topics but it is not forbidden to do differently.
Ciaoo

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:00 am 

Hello -

I just joined, I'm not a collector so much as someone who cut his RPG teeth on Basic D&D (Red Box, Blue Box, Elves cast spells and Dwarves don't D&D) and cruising this site was a bit of a trip.

I have a few well-thumbed copies of different TSR things (mostly late 80's, early 90's) which aren't worth very much but it's fun to look them up here and find out a bit of history that goes with them.

To those of you who came up with and curate this site, I salute you!  PDT_Armataz_01_01

Cheers,
-jonny.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:23 am 

Welcome jonny deathstar!  You'll find out about all kinds of things you didn't know you wanted before!   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:16 am 

Hello all,

Just registered, great site. Have really enjoyed reading through some of the content on this site, wish I had discovered it a lot earlier.

My story: started playing in 1980 with older brother, we have boxes of old material, but most is his since he was older and bought most of it. Don't have time to play anymore and we live in different states, so been kicking around the idea of collecting some of my favorite stuff. The nostalgic factor has gotten very high over the years and really enjoy the art of it and flipping through old pieces occasionally. Anywho, have just started pecking away at reassembling a collection of my favorite modules, some of the old rulebooks and sets. Seems like some of the ebay prices have gone a little whacky on some of this stuff. Any thoughts, advice most welcome. Look forward to chatting about old games on these boards.

Rob - Austin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 am 

Narsil wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello all,

Just registered, great site. Have really enjoyed reading through some of the content on this site, wish I had discovered it a lot earlier.

My story: started playing in 1980 with older brother, we have boxes of old material, but most is his since he was older and bought most of it. Don't have time to play anymore and we live in different states, so been kicking around the idea of collecting some of my favorite stuff. The nostalgic factor has gotten very high over the years and really enjoy the art of it and flipping through old pieces occasionally. Anywho, have just started pecking away at reassembling a collection of my favorite modules, some of the old rulebooks and sets. Seems like some of the ebay prices have gone a little whacky on some of this stuff. Any thoughts, advice most welcome. Look forward to chatting about old games on these boards.

Rob - Austin

Make sure to check out the Facebook groups as well. I've gotten some great deals through the RPG Auctions group there, and our own Facebook Acaeum group!

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:33 pm 

Thanks! I'll check out both of them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:42 pm 

Welcome Narsil. You came to the right place to collect what you are looking for. :)
--Ron--

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 123 of 135123 ... 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 133134135