Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 122 of 135123 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am 

Welcome!  Gig'em :-)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:08 am 

Welcome By-Tor & SnowDog!   :)

There's no snack section here, but there is a "Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread" to place those kinds of comments.   Of course, the classic D&D snacks are Doritos and Mountain Dew, but I'm not a big fan of either as Doritos and Cheetos put orange dust over everything, and water is my drink of choice since I'm a hydrotarian.  There are gamers who like to drink adult beverages during play.  It adds +2 to your courage but -2 to your wisdom and intelligence.... :wink:   Healthy snacks are trending like hummus, nuts, and fruit.  It adds +1 to your constitution but -1 to your pleasure.  Some people eat meals during play with foods like pizza, chicken wings, and bratwurst.  These add +2 distance on your dice throws from all the grease, but -2 on your speed of play.  

However, there is a solution to many of these issues and it's Badmike's Bad Crap Table!  You throw the dice off the table, argue with the DM, or fall asleep on the toilet; Badmike makes a roll on the Badmike's Bad Crap Table!  But I digress.....   8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:25 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome!  Gig'em :-)

Lol, thanks for that Aggie welcome!

I remember when Elf was a class.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:30 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome By-Tor & SnowDog!   :)

There's no snack section here, but there is a "Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread" to place those kinds of comments.   Of course, the classic D&D snacks are Doritos and Mountain Dew, but I'm not a big fan of either as Doritos and Cheetos put orange dust over everything, and water is my drink of choice since I'm a hydrotarian.  There are gamers who like to drink adult beverages during play.  It adds +2 to your courage but -2 to your wisdom and intelligence.... :wink:   Healthy snacks are trending like hummus, nuts, and fruit.  It adds +1 to your constitution but -1 to your pleasure.  Some people eat meals during play with foods like pizza, chicken wings, and bratwurst.  These add +2 distance on your dice throws from all the grease, but -2 on your speed of play.  

However, there is a solution to many of these issues and it's Badmike's Bad Crap Table!  You throw the dice off the table, argue with the DM, or fall asleep on the toilet; Badmike makes a roll on the Badmike's Bad Crap Table!  But I digress.....   8)

Ha! Thanks for the welcome, the run down on snacks and the heads up about the random thoughts thread!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:16 pm 

By-Tor & SnowDog wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello everyone!
I've been lurking for awhile but thought I'd better take a moment and add my own introduction.  

Always nice to meet another Rush fan who enjoys D&D too! :D

By-Tor & SnowDog wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:In the late 70's, my older brother got me into Dungeons and Dragons by way of the 1975 Dungeon! Boardgame (though the "board" was little more than plastic mat as I recall) and then on to the Holmes boxed set.  

Holmes is pretty magical!:  From Kuroth's Quill - grodog's AD&D blog: grodog's start in gaming - 1977:  Cedar Avenue, Star Wars, and Holmes Basic

By-Tor & SnowDog wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Being 7 or 8 at the time, Star Wars was my world, but RPGs of all sorts opened new vistas of imagination for me.  Though I primarily played AD&D, others like Star Frontiers and Boot Hill also made there way into the mix.

In '84 I won tickets to go to Origins here in Dallas and had my first brush with the wider gaming community.  

You're preaching to the choir here, BT&tSD!  My first con was Origins in PA in 1980 :D

Welcome aboard!

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:42 pm 

grodog wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:
You're preaching to the choir here, BT&tSD!  My first con was Origins in PA in 1980 :D

Welcome aboard!

Allan.

Thank you for sharing that link. It was great to read that!  

Appreciate the welcome!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:26 am 

Welcome By-Tor & SnowDog. Thanks for sharing!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:07 pm 

Wow SKA! Been a long time on any forum methinks. :D

Welcome By-Tor & SnowDog!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 pm 

Hi! Been a collector for years (20?) and just found this site recently as I've come back to add to the collection and was figuring out values to pay(haven't played the game in last 5 years, family/kids etc.).

Wanted to say this is a wonderful resource and hope to interact with you guys more.

Due to said commitments I'm not really able to 'hound' ebay and the like & be on top of things. But still want to participate.

Background: I started playing in the late 80's as a kid, AD&D, and continued with the same group/DM in my home country until late 00's. I used to work in a local game store there while at Uni which sold/bought used D&D stuff (amongst other things) which is where I got a fair bit of my collection.

Anyway, thanks again and see everyone around

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:40 pm 

shadeun wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi! Been a collector for years (20?) and just found this site recently as I've come back to add to the collection and was figuring out values to pay(haven't played the game in last 5 years, family/kids etc.).

Wanted to say this is a wonderful resource and hope to interact with you guys more.

Due to said commitments I'm not really able to 'hound' ebay and the like & be on top of things. But still want to participate.

Background: I started playing in the late 80's as a kid, AD&D, and continued with the same group/DM in my home country until late 00's. I used to work in a local game store there while at Uni which sold/bought used D&D stuff (amongst other things) which is where I got a fair bit of my collection.

Anyway, thanks again and see everyone around

Welcome Shadeun! This is the premier source for information, but for buying and selling there are a number of really good groups on Facebook. If you have any questions, just send me a PM. Welcome to the funny farm!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:19 am 

Welcome Shadeun! ..everyone here is nice and friendly (except me, grrr)  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:47 am 

Welcome shadeun!  You'll learn about all kinds of things you didn't know you wanted!   :o

Last edited by benjoshua on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:54 pm 

Welcome shadeun!

benjoshua wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome shadeun!  You'll learn about all kinds of thing you didn't know you wanted!   :o
QFT! :lol: This forum is chock full of knowledge for sure!

Be well and be welcome!
--Ron--

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:27 pm 

Thanks all! What a lovely welcome.

Quick feeling: price lists here are below whats being achieved on Ebay (for UK/nrth Am at least) at the moment (perhaps christmas bump effect? certainly im getting some old modules for friends etc)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 am 

Hello everyone; I introduce myself, Dvergguden, I live in France and I discovered Dungeons & Dragons in 1983 (with the first French translation of the Moldway's box). I haven't played for a long time but I have always kept my passion for this game. I have been frequenting this forum for a while now (more than 10 years) as a simple visitor (I'm a very shy guy), but I've now decided to register because I have a question to submit to the distinguished members of the Acaeum ^^.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:04 am 

Welcome Dvergguden!
This is really the best place to ask questions!!
Enjoy and be well,
—Ron—

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:59 am 

Welcome Dvergguden!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:40 pm 

Bienvenue Dvergguden!  :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 122 of 135123 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 133134135