Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 121 of 135123 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:14 pm 

Welcome, Ravenwood!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:17 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:
ravenwood wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello All.  New Member here.  I've been playing D&D since the mid 80's.  I had a collection that I'm sure would rival any on these boards.  Alas, I sold I all when I got into cigars,  My collection financed my cigar room and my cigar collection.  10 years later...

Back to collecting my hearts desire.

There's an old Spanish saying, "He who has money smokes cigars, but he who has no money smokes paper."  Maybe that should be modified, "He who has money smokes cigars, but he who has more money collects paper."   8O   Welcome ravenwood!   :)

LOL Thanks for the welcome!  Well said!

"Characters stepping through will appear at the start totally nude, while everything else with them will go to the crypt of the demi-lich.  (Cruel, but most entertaining for the DM...)"

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:59 am 

Greetings, I have been playing AD&D since the early 80's (had a neighbor who was into it and taught me just enough to catch my interest) although I tend to stick to 1st ed (wasn't the same after Gygax) I have played up through current gen. I am a collector first and foremost and like a lot of folks have had semi complete collections slip through my grasp several times (life, ex wives, bills , etc). I am currently rebuilding my 1st ed collection from the ground up, but am constantly acquiring things that are just not in the wheel house of what I am after (most recently I bought some books and ended up with several bags full of blister carded minis from 1980's - 2000's) so I am always on the lookout for trades or selling what I have but don't collect to help amass what I do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:43 am 

Welcome pymsparticles!
I think you'll enjoy it here. :)
—Ron—

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 am 

Welcome pymsparticles!  You'll learn about all kinds of things here that you didn't even know you wanted!   8O

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 am 

Welcome brother!

"Characters stepping through will appear at the start totally nude, while everything else with them will go to the crypt of the demi-lich.  (Cruel, but most entertaining for the DM...)"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 am 

Well since the isn't a sticky for it....

Still around and lurkin :)

How yall doin?!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Well since the isn't a sticky for it....

Still around and lurkin :)

How yall doin?!

We are all, Kosh.

Oooh, fun with punctuation.  :)

Art of dragons doing what dragons do. Site of a friend. Dragonstuff

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:18 pm 

Hello All,

Saying hi after just completing my registration. Recently started to re-inventory my collection, and am getting back to active collecting. Will be posting a few questions in the coming days weeks, and look forward to any help from the community.

Talk soon...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:44 pm 

querion wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello All,

Saying hi after just completing my registration. Recently started to re-inventory my collection, and am getting back to active collecting. Will be posting a few questions in the coming days weeks, and look forward to any help from the community.

Talk soon...

Welcome querion!  If it's collecting information you want, you've come to the right place.  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:49 am 

Talk soon...

Effusive welcomes! Empty platitudes! <insert lame geek joke>
JK! Welcome Querion!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 pm 

benjoshua wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:

Talk soon...

Welcome querion!  If it's collecting information you want, you've come to the right place.  :)

Welcome!  Meh, these guys know a little bit...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 pm 

Welcome querion!!!
T'is the place for collectors.
Be well,
—Ron—

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 pm 

Welcome aboard querion

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:11 am 

What's old is what's new...  it's been too long since I've visited so I figured this was the best place to say hi all over again.  I find it amazing how well the community has stayed around all these years. It was a privilege being on page 2 of this thread and even more so now on page 109.  The Acaeum will always be called home for me and I can't wait to start yapping it up with you all, again.  

-SKA

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:14 am 

Sir Kill Alot wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:What's old is what's new...  it's been too long since I've visited so I figured this was the best place to say hi all over again.  I find it amazing how well the community has stayed around all these years. It was a privilege being on page 2 of this thread and even more so now on page 109.  The Acaeum will always be called home for me and I can't wait to start yapping it up with you all, again.  

-SKA

Welcome back!   :)

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:19 pm 

Welcome back old timer!!!   :wink:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:39 pm 

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for awhile but thought I'd better take a moment and add my own introduction.  

In the late 70's, my older brother got me into Dungeons and Dragons by way of the 1975 Dungeon! Boardgame (though the "board" was little more than plastic mat as I recall) and then on to the Holmes boxed set.  

Being 7 or 8 at the time, Star Wars was my world, but RPGs of all sorts opened new vistas of imagination for me.  Though I primarily played AD&D, others like Star Frontiers and Boot Hill also made there way into the mix.  

In '84 I won tickets to go to Origins here in Dallas and had my first brush with the wider gaming community.  It was unlike anything I'd ever been to before, and just so much fun.  But once adolescence was in full swing, girls, cars, and jobs took prescedent and my gaming life dwindled away.  

Now, with much of my collection having either been "recovered" from my parents or "liberated" from my brother, I'm starting to fill in the gaps and replace the more heavily worn items.  It's been fun to reconnect with some rather pristine books and modules; very much like stepping back in time.

As with many of my hobbies, once my wonderful wife reaches her saturation point with my enthusiasm, I find it best for domestic tranquility if I join a community and share in the conversation there. And so it is that I find myself here.

Aside from collecting Dungeons and Dragons, my other interests include reconnecting with my Star Wars toys, tinkering with "restoring" a 1987 Mustang, and Texas Longhorn football (which also seems to be going through its own "restoration" of sorts).

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and my appologies for this wall of text.

TLDR: hey! Happy to be here. Which way to the snacks?

I remember when Elf was a class.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 121 of 135123 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 133134135