Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 118 of 135123 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:17 pm 

Welcome Catholicfan.

I'm fairly new here too - it's a lot of fun and a great group of people. Little jealous here, I still haven't scored a WoG Folio but it's definitely on my list.

A little warning on when that collecting bug gets you. Oh I'm just getting a few modules - a few years later, hmm I might need a bigger house now  :D

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 pm 

Mister Yuk wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome Catholicfan.

I'm fairly new here too - it's a lot of fun and a great group of people. Little jealous here, I still haven't scored a WoG Folio but it's definitely on my list.

A little warning on when that collecting bug gets you. Oh I'm just getting a few modules - a few years later, hmm I might need a bigger house now  :D

:lol: Yes, that collecting bug is vicious.  I've been a collector in other genres before (video games, comics, etc.), so I'm well aware of the dangers.  Thankfully, I've gotten to a place where I can say no to things if they're not right for me, or the timing isn't good.  Still hard, though!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:54 pm 

catholicfan wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello! I'm just getting into collecting RPG books.

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Don't mind us... The bark is worse than the bite.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:05 pm 

Hi all, I'm Ben L. I've been visiting the Acaeum for a long time now, but I decided to stop lurking and come out in the open. I live in Chicago. I'm not as hardcore as a lot of folks on here, but I do collect. Mainly Judge's Guild, Jorune and Empire of the Petal Throne.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:14 pm 

Ben L. wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi all, I'm Ben L. I've been visiting the Acaeum for a long time now, but I decided to stop lurking and come out in the open. I live in Chicago. I'm not as hardcore as a lot of folks on here, but I do collect. Mainly Judge's Guild, Jorune and Empire of the Petal Throne.

Hey Ben, Welcome aboard!

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 am 

Hello Ben,

Good to have you here especially being another Judges Guild fan. I'm a little north of St Louis, so we're practically neighbors.
Thanks for joining.

Jeff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:53 am 

Ben L. wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi all, I'm Ben L. I've been visiting the Acaeum for a long time now, but I decided to stop lurking and come out in the open. I live in Chicago. I'm not as hardcore as a lot of folks on here, but I do collect. Mainly Judge's Guild, Jorune and Empire of the Petal Throne.

Welcome Ben! Don't let the crazies around here scare you off! (What crazies? I'm not crazy, YOU are!) <<Shut up both of you!>>

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 am 

MadCatUSA wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:
Welcome Ben! Don't let the crazies around here scare you off! (What crazies? I'm not crazy, YOU are!) <<Shut up both of you!>>

:lol:

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 am 

Hey Jason, good to see you here. Jeff, good to know that there's another subject of the Invincible Overlord in the neighborhood.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:18 pm 

Ben L. wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hey Jason, good to see you here. Jeff, good to know that there's another subject of the Invincible Overlord in the neighborhood.

:lol:

Local hero for me. I think I'm only about 20 minutes from the old location.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:48 pm 

Ben L. wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hey Jason, good to see you here. Jeff, good to know that there's another subject of the Invincible Overlord in the neighborhood.

Southwest Side by Midway Airport actually...   :wink:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:08 pm 

Wow, I had no idea the Invincible Overlord lived in my neck of the woods. I'm on the South Side myself, in Hyde Park.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:19 am 

Hello, everyone.

I used to be fairly active around these parts years past. I've been slowly getting back to being involved on some forums and, eventually, remembered my password for this one.

I hope my absence can be forgiven; and any dumba$$ posts or comments I may have left.

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:27 am 

Thork N Hammer wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello, everyone.

I used to be fairly active around these parts years past. I've been slowly getting back to being involved on some forums and, eventually, remembered my password for this one.

I hope my absence can be forgiven; and any dumba$$ posts or comments I may have left.

I remember your modules. Working on anything?

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:05 am 

Welcome new folk!
And welcome back Thorkie!!
--Ron--

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:01 pm 

Always working on things, Jason.

Thanks, ArrArr

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:56 am 

Thork N Hammer wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:I hope my absence can be forgiven; and any dumba$$ posts or comments I may have left.

You were gone?  8O
LOL! Welcome back!
I'm certain your posts are no worse than anything I've put out there.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:12 am 

Hello All,  Vidsal here. I'm 45 and from WI.  I collected D&D and AD&D, plus various TSR products in the 80s.  I haven't collected actively since then although I've always wanted to replace a module that got lost or destroyed.  I have yet to discover what's in the boxes I've saved.  I just cracked one open this evening to see a few shrink wrapped modules although that plastic is getting tired.  The most interesting thing I probably have is a 10th Anniversary D&D set someplace....I've got some info on what happened to the extra inventory of those back in ~86.  I sold one of my shrink wrapped 10th Anniv sets in the late 90s....maybe 2000 for what I thought was crazy money then.  Very nice site btw.  Thanks to all those that keep it going.  Best Regards, Joel (vidsal for video salvage)

Last edited by vidsal on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 118 of 135123 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 133134135