Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 115 of 135123 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:08 pm 

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

Carpe DM!

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:39 am 

Greetings to Everyone,

Just joined, though I have been trolling for a while.  Really appreciate all the great information I learn from this site, and all the time the members take to put into it.  

I started playing in the late 70's, with the first three books from a white box set and some raggy old Arduin copies (grew up in Concord, CA which was Hargrave country).  Quickly settled into AD&D, but haven't actually been able to play in over 25 years due to lack of folks to play with and of course work, life etc.  Had a fairly good collection of items including a lot of old miniatures which I took out of boxes a couple of years ago and have since then started collecting to enjoy the memories of a favorite childhood activity.  Mostly working on a complete set of items through 2E - still need to get numerous rare items but have most of the normal range.  Also collect JG and some other non-TSR but don't have the depth of knowledge on a lot of those areas.   Looking forward to asking dumb questions  :D

Spin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:20 am 

Welcome spinplasm!  

And there is no such thing as a dumb question, just a dumb answer....although some people have argued that's only relevant in the classroom.  On second thought, those questions that have already been answered could be considered dumb, so feel free to use the site's search feature.  And, I guess questions of which the answer should be painfully obvious to any person with a pulse who has lived on this earth for more than a decade could also be deemed dumb....but other than that, ask away!   :)

And then there are posters who just get carried away and totally off topic!   8O    :oops:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:40 am 

well met, Spinplasm!  

Be careful of the word "complete".  I've learned that there are varying levels of completion - my collection was complete and incomplete many times over the last several years as I learned about all the different things TSR made.  :-)

Enjoy the ride!

~throwi

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 pm 

Welcome Spin!
T'is a good place with good peeps!
Be well,
--Ron--

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:28 pm 

Hello,
My name is Joe and I have been playing since 1979 -1980, I was 8-9 years old at the time. This game had such a huge impact on me. It is as cool today, as the first day I played, but now it's nostalgic, maybe even better. I have been to this website many times over the years and love it. Why it took me so long to join, I don't know? My two favorite modules would be Tomb of Horrors and White Plume Mountain.  It is a pleasure to join a place where people love this game as much as I. I am also addicted to Warcraft.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:31 pm 

Welcome Bluepaladin!  Glad you love D&D, and we won't hold your addiction to Warcraft against you.  We all have weird addictions of one kind or another.   :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:01 am 

Bluepaladin wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello,
My name is Joe and I have been playing since 1979 -1980, I was 8-9 years old at the time. This game had such a huge impact on me. It is as cool today, as the first day I played, but now it's nostalgic, maybe even better. I have been to this website many times over the years and love it. Why it took me so long to join, I don't know? My two favorite modules would be Tomb of Horrors and White Plume Mountain.  It is a pleasure to join a place where people love this game as much as I. I am also addicted to Warcraft.

Welcome Joe!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:08 pm 

Welcome to the Acaeum Joe!
--Ron--

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 pm 

Hello Acaeum Community!

A friend of mine highly recommended these forums (and this website) as a place to frequent for those who are serious about their Dungeons & Dragons :).  I've been playing D&D since I was a wee lad (and I'm old enough now for that to seem like eons ago ;)), and started "seriously" collecting D&D products about 10 years ago.  I also dabble in a bit of Lovecraftian lore keeping.  My gaming alter-ego is a dwarven bard with a fondness for the Great Highland Bagpipes ... for antiphrasis, I go by Skullhammer :).  

Hopefully I can contribute to these forums, and I'm looking forward to shedding my Lurker tag :).  

-Skull

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello Acaeum Community!

A friend of mine highly recommended these forums (and this website) as a place to frequent for those who are serious about their Dungeons & Dragons :).  I've been playing D&D since I was a wee lad (and I'm old enough now for that to seem like eons ago ;)), and started "seriously" collecting D&D products about 10 years ago.  I also dabble in a bit of Lovecraftian lore keeping.  My gaming alter-ego is a dwarven bard with a fondness for the Great Highland Bagpipes ... for antiphrasis, I go by Skullhammer :).  

Hopefully I can contribute to these forums, and I'm looking forward to shedding my Lurker tag :).  

-Skull

Welcome to the group!

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:31 pm 

Skullhammer wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hello Acaeum Community!

-Skull

Welcome Skull! Make sure to check out some of the Facebook groups as well. There is a very active community of collector's on the RPG Auctions group.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:20 am 

What MadCat said.... Facebook has been great for putting faces to names and I have filled some serious rare holes in my collection through the connections made here and in the RPG Auctions group! And of course, Welcome!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:31 am 

Welcome to forums, Skull!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:23 am 

Welcome aboard, Skull!  :)

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:59 am 

Hello Everyone. my name is Jeff. I'm 49 and spent all my life in Missouri USA. I live about 30 minutes from the old Judge's Guild location.
I played in the heyday, early 80s and fell away from it about halfway through High School, big schism in the group and a lot of other drama. Nope, it wasn't to go chase girls, we had a pretty good sized group of about 50 and half our group was female. Played a lot of RISK, A&A, and Car Wars after that. Always kind of kept track of it after that but never really found a group to get back into it.
Few years ago, I accidentally discovered Grognardia - that's not really where it began. My first three searches on the Internet, probably around 1995-96 were looking for fan pages for Masamune Shirow, the band 'Garbage', and whatever happened to Trampier and please, please, please I hope he finally relented and finished Wormy for us. Rest In Peace, David.
Well, I'm reading Grognardia any night I had some time (he already had a ton posted so I was going back and reading as much as I could), and I don't remember exactly when I found you during that but I did. I was truly amazed at what had been done here. I'd kept my 1E hardbacks in case I ever played again but sold most of my other stuff years before with a bunch of comic books I had found in a Dumpster. Weird how I placed no value on those Modules, but the Books, they were staying with me forever.
A few months ago, I decided I should collect some of this stuff. Took a while to decide what i'd go for and I started buying. I had never owned any Minis before, I'd just borrow one off of someone else when I played, been a lot of fun picking up those old Grenadier Box Sets. I also thought it'd be fun to collect Judge's Guild, local hero type of thing, plus I think some of their stuff is just freakin' cool.
I've worked at a comic store that actively bought collections, so I'm a near pro level Comic grader. I play around in resale, but not what you may think - I'm less about money and more about keeping good and usable things out of the Dump and into the hands of those that would appreciate them.
My hope in joining is that I can contribute to a group that has already done so much for this hobby. Thank you

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:32 am 

Welcome aboard Jeff!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:12 am 

misterspock wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome aboard Jeff!

Thank  you

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 115 of 135123 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 133134135