Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 114 of 135123 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 133134135
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:58 pm 

Welcome to the forum!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 pm 

stebehil wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:blackdougal, are you interested in new scans for the archive, or do you plan on using older scans from the old archive pages? Or do you intend to just leave it as it is? I might be able to help with a few scans.
EDIT: from what I see, the german section seems pretty comprehensive to me. Even the cancelled products are noted - that is quite thorough, AFAICT.

I'll PM you. Glad to have you here!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:51 am 

Welcome! I had been living for a couple of years in Munich (which is not considered Germany by other german ppl as far as i understood... ). Are you from Bavaria?

Re to german rpg story i found that it is noe of the few countries where D&D is not at the top of the market...  Every rpg shop had tons of Die swarze auge...

Ciaoo

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:39 am 

aia wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Welcome! I had been living for a couple of years in Munich (which is not considered Germany by other german ppl as far as i understood... ). Are you from Bavaria?

Heh. Yes, the bavarians and the "Saupreißn" don´t love each other. I´m not from Bavaria. I was born here: Hildesheim - Wikipedia and live now here: Dresden - Wikipedia

aia wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Re to german rpg story i found that it is noe of the few countries where D&D is not at the top of the market...  Every rpg shop had tons of Die swarze auge...

I wrote a little bit about Das Schwarze Auge here: The history of german D&D/AD&D as I know it In short, it is market leader by a wide margin, probably due to better support right from the start.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:55 pm 

Wow welcome!
Always meet such interesting people here.
Be well,
--Ron--

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:34 pm 

Hi everybody, nice to be here. I'm a player going back to Holmes Basic through the original AD&D. I drifted away around 2nd Edition, that "horrible abomination." (Cut me some slack! I was really young.) I don't have a huge collection, mainly just the core books, the supplements, and the more important modules. I'm currently replacing some of my original copies with newer, fresher "keeper" versions to offset years of play and use.

I've dabbled with 5E, but nothing beats 1E for me, warts and all. You can feel the creative energy bursting out of those books. And that binding! Bulletproof.

Early next year I'm hosting a brand new 1E campaign with some 5E and Pathfinder players and one or two complete newbies. They're starting (in Hommlet!) at level 1. Prepping so far has been a blast. I've been working up voices for Elmo and Calmert.

It's good to be around like-minded people. Looking forward to meeting you on the boards -- Marc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:57 pm 

Welcome Marc!
Good intro :D
--Ron--

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:02 am 

Hi fellow gamers and D&D collectors.

I'm fairly new to the board , and just recently started playing 1st Edition & collecting seriously again. Wish I found this site years ago.

My first introduction to D&D was in 1981. A friend brought the game over to the house, and it didn't take long before I was hooked. We literally played for entire weekends none stop. During those gaming sessions -- I'm pretty sure the only thing we consumed was Doritos and Mountain Dew. So last spring I decided to put the wheels of nostalgia back in to motion; minus the Doritos and Mountain Dew. Think my body would go in to shock 8O if I did that now.

I'm looking forward to learning and building some good relationships with liked minded individuals.

James

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:16 am 

Well met, TechMan!  Another IT - gamer, joining our ranks?  ;-)

You'll find many good resources and friendly, helpful folks here.  If you have questions, ask away!

~throwi

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:47 am 

Hi Throwi,

You would be correct -- I work in the IT field and still game. I've definitely ran in to some nice people on here. Everyone is very helpful which makes my life much easier. One of these years I'll attend one of the dinner events, so I can meet people face-to-face.

Well, have a nice day!

TechMan

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:48 pm 

TechMan wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:One of these years I'll attend one of the dinner events, so I can meet people face-to-face.

Better yet, come to the North Texas RPG Con this June!

Welcome!  :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:15 pm 

TechMan wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi fellow gamers and D&D collectors.

I'm fairly new to the board , and just recently started playing 1st Edition & collecting seriously again. Wish I found this site years ago.

My first introduction to D&D was in 1981. A friend brought the game over to the house, and it didn't take long before I was hooked. We literally played for entire weekends none stop. During those gaming sessions -- I'm pretty sure the only thing we consumed was Doritos and Mountain Dew. So last spring I decided to put the wheels of nostalgia back in to motion; minus the Doritos and Mountain Dew. Think my body would go in to shock 8O if I did that now.

I'm looking forward to learning and building some good relationships with liked minded individuals.

James

Welcome James!
Good to see another "techie" around.  :D Do you specialize in anything or are you like me and do a little bit of everything? I'm a Medical Assistant right now, but used to be a Network Admin/Programmer (small company, they could only afford one tech guy.)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:27 pm 

@benjoshua -- I'll have to seriously consider the Tejas RPG Con. When you say North Tejas... are you referring to Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Hey MadCat, I work for a large tech corporation in their IT department. Our team focuses primarily on designing data centers and cloud solutions globally. We have data centers around the world. And we use just about every major technology available on the market. This also includes automating workflows using the API's for those apps (Oracle, OpenStack, VMWare, Containers etc.) or OS (Linux and Windows Server 2012). Most of my team, including myself, will program using Perl, Python, Javascript, C (only when required) or other languages.

Holy crap! I just became Mayor of Nerdville. Cats out of the bag now. Like D&D -- I can talk techie stuff all day long.

When you say Medical assistant, like a nurse or something along those lines?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:53 pm 

TechMan wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hey MadCat, I work for a large tech corporation in their IT department. Our team focuses primarily on designing data centers and cloud solutions globally. We have data centers around the world. And we use just about every major technology available on the market. This also includes automating workflows using the API's for those apps (Oracle, OpenStack, VMWare, Containers etc.) or OS (Linux and Windows Server 2012). Most of my team, including myself, will program using Perl, Python, Javascript, C (only when required) or other languages.

Very cool. I worked for a couple very small companies (one manufacturing plant, one retail home office with satellite shops all over the country.) I had to be the jack-of-all trades (remember this was late 1990's.) Primarily focused on Access, VBA and networking.

TechMan wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:When you say Medical assistant, like a nurse or something along those lines?

We (Medical Assistants) do pretty much everything an RN used to do in a clinic. Most nurses work in hospital settings these days, so they leave the clinical stuff to us.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:54 pm 

TechMan wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:@benjoshua -- I'll have to seriously consider the Tejas RPG Con. When you say North Tejas... are you referring to Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Affirmative.  North Texas RPG Con: 2017

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:43 am 

Hark!

Tarmo from city of angels here. I started on dnd in the 90s with 2nd edition. Stopped playing for 25 years and have recently put my hat back the ring with 5e. This group is also big into board games. Anyways, I've started collecting early RPGs, TSR and non-TSR, primarily from the 70s. It predates the stuff I learned on, but I just love how experimental and home-brewed the materials were. Glad I found this board, it's a great resource and much appreciated. Happy Hunting.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:58 am 

Welcome to the forum!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:15 am 

Welcome Tarmogoyf!  You've come to the right place.   :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 114 of 135123 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 133134135