Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 112 of 135123 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 133134135
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:29 am 

Welcome WyvernLord you are certainly amongst D&D friends here.
Good luck with completing the collection.
--Ron--

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:03 pm 

For some reason, I seem to have lost access to my old "Phentari" account.  (Absolutely none of my passwords work, and the account isn't linked to the email I thought I'd used to create it.)

Ah, well.

To reintroduce myself, then: I'm Ben, I've been here for a while, and I've met quite a few of the good folks here at Gen Con, particularly at the auction.  Hi again!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:23 am 

Ben wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:For some reason, I seem to have lost access to my old "Phentari" account.  (Absolutely none of my passwords work, and the account isn't linked to the email I thought I'd used to create it.)

Ah, well.

To reintroduce myself, then: I'm Ben, I've been here for a while, and I've met quite a few of the good folks here at Gen Con, particularly at the auction.  Hi again!

Welcome Back Ben!   :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:05 pm 

Yeah, welcome back Bentari :)

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:50 pm 

Hi, guys!

Just wanted to introduce myself; I've been collecting TSR merch for a couple years now and just today discovered this forum. Really excited to be a part of the community!  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:54 pm 

Songsayer wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi, guys!

Just wanted to introduce myself; I've been collecting TSR merch for a couple years now and just today discovered this forum. Really excited to be a part of the community!  :D

Welcome Songsayer!  You'll learn about stuff you didn't even know you wanted!   8O

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 am 

benjoshua wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:
Songsayer wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Hi, guys!

Welcome Songsayer!  You'll learn about stuff you didn't even know you wanted!   8O

You'll be cajoled into buying stuff you didn't even know you wanted! :D

btw, we've hit 101pgs! ... waiting till Foul re-threads this ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 am 

Wow, welcome Songsayer.
As a collector, you are in the right place!
Be well,
--Ron--

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:13 am 

Hello, everybody!  This seems to be where all the cool kids hang out.  Hopefully, you'll let me into the club!   :mrgreen:

Name:  carlos a.s. lising
Location:  Northeast Ohio (now), Chicago, Illinois (born and raised)

Collection Focus:  Although I've DMed and Played the game since 1978, I've only been seriously collecting for about a decade now.  My collection is entirely focused on my beloved World of Greyhawk, in which I spent so much of my youth.  I have everything that you'd consider "standard fare"; now I'm hunting for bigger and rarer game.  Istus preserve me.

Coolest item:  After reading all of your profiles and seeing all the "B3 Orange Copy" and "ST1 Up the Garden Path" owners here, I'm a lot more self-conscious about my humble collection than I was before today.  I'd say mine is...a mint, uncolored AD&D Coloring Album.  Either that or my mint 1st Edition World of Greyhawk Folio with maps signed by Darlene.

Hunting for:  Outdoor Geomorphs (Walled City), World of Greyhawk Miniatures (in blisters), and a World of Greyhawk shirt I once saw sold from Kim Mohan's personal collection (total pipe dream, I know, but hey...we all love flights of fancy here, no?).

(Shirt shown here, if anyone's actually curious:  Tome of Treasures - AD&D Greyhawk)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:00 am 

Welcome to The Acaeum Kraftwerk & Songsayer!

There are plenty of members here that are willing to help with your collecting pursuits.  Don't hesitate to post any questions you have.

Kraftwerk,

Good to see another fan of Greyhawk out there!

To possibly add to your collecting goals, here are some of the rarer items that are associated with Greyhawk:

-Lost Tamoachan (Origins '79)
-Ghost Tower of Inverness (Wintercon)
-Living Greyhawk Journals
-World of Greyhawk mini box set
-The Forgotten Temple Of Tharizdun (Header Version)
-The Keep On The Borderlands (Header Version)
-Descent Into The Depths Of The Earth (Header Version)
-Expedition To Barrier Peaks (Header Version)
-Monochrome D & G series
-Aussie and UK monochrome versions of the D & G series

There are also the later Living Greyhawk materials, which most aren't necessarily rare, but are not as well-known.  Most are PDF.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:58 pm 

Welcome Carlos!
--Ron--

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:02 am 

DBartman & RRedmond,

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I like it here already!  :)

dbartman wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:-Lost Tamoachan (Origins '79)
-Ghost Tower of Inverness (Wintercon)
-Living Greyhawk Journals
-World of Greyhawk mini box set
-The Forgotten Temple Of Tharizdun (Header Version)
-The Keep On The Borderlands (Header Version)
-Descent Into The Depths Of The Earth (Header Version)
-Expedition To Barrier Peaks (Header Version)
-Monochrome D & G series
-Aussie and UK monochrome versions of the D & G series

There are also the later Living Greyhawk materials, which most aren't necessarily rare, but are not as well-known.  Most are PDF.

To be frank, a lot of those materials are too rich for my blood at this point.  Moreover, I'm interested in having a representation of each product.  That's to say, if I have a nice copy of C1 & C2, getting the super-rare convention or header versions isn't necessarily that important to me.  Once I knock some of the other stuff off of my list, it will be...but for now, that's not the direction I'm looking in.  I appreciate the list, though!  Seeing the stuff that's prized by other collectors gives me a nice idea of the kinds of things I should be looking for, in the future.

As for the other stuff -- the mini GH Boxed set and the LG Journals and Assorted .pdfs -- I have those in my collection.  So that tells me I'm off to a pretty decent start!   :mrgreen:

Yours,

--K

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:58 pm 

Hi Carlos---

The best GH collector guide I'm aware of is EchoHawk's, over on ENWorld at Greyhawk Collector's Guide and General D&D Topics* Greyhawk Collector's Guide - Page 11

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:08 am 

Allan,

That's the one I use.  I used to use the Roger Moore checklist until I discovered that one some time ago.  The new one is staggeringly comprehensive!

casl

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:26 am 

Hi, all.

My name's Brian and I've been playing D&D since about 1982. Started with 1e, and am currently running 5e games. I've been collecting for a couple years and I tend to focus on original art (both old and new), pre-production material, dice and related items, some miniatures, and books. Of course, I like pretty much everything, but space and funds force me to limit the scope of my collecting. (*sigh*)

My collection isn't huge right now, but I've got some pieces I'm particularly proud of, including original Roslof art from the Treasure Trove auctions (Kullervo from Deities & Demigods; the Dragon Dice preliminary art + proof card; the keyline art for the Neo-Otyugh and Hill Giant monster cards; Roslof's character sheet); two unproduced miniatures sculpted by Dave Sutherland; a first printing of Deities & Demigods; some original Liz Danforth Tunnels & Trolls art; various original art from 5e.

When I'm not collecting or gaming, I make geek-friendly documentaries about the stuff I love (my first is called Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys; I'm currently in production on Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons). I also collect vintage space toys from the Thirties through the Sixties, pulp and paperback art, and other odds and ends.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about the collecting side of the hobby. I've already picked up a lot of info as a lurker, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the discussion. (I'll try not to pipe up unless I know what I'm talking about!)

Founder, X-Ray Films
Eye of the Beholder: The Art of D&D
http://www.facebook.com/EyeOfTheBeholderMovie
Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys
http://www.PlasticGalaxyMovie.com

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:43 am 

welcome to the forum Brian, you picked up some nice items there. PDT_Armataz_01_34

(I'll try not to pipe up unless I know what I'm talking about!)

Don't worry about that..it's a learning process for a lot of us :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:03 am 

welcome to the forum Brian, you picked up some nice items there.

Thanks! I definitely got lucky. I've learned the value of patience, and I try not to spend any money until something really special comes along. I was also able to sell a few things out of my other collections to raise a "war chest." Not sure how often I'll be able to do that... And now that I'm working on another film, a lot of my disposable income is all tied up. So it goes.  :wink:

Don't worry about that..it's a learning process for a lot of us :)

Yeah, that's part and parcel of being a collector. There's always something new to learn. Keeps it fun!

Founder, X-Ray Films
Eye of the Beholder: The Art of D&D
http://www.facebook.com/EyeOfTheBeholderMovie
Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys
http://www.PlasticGalaxyMovie.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:48 pm 

Welcome Brian!
Wonderfully interesting background you have.
Glad you are here,
--Ron--

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 112 of 135123 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 133134135