Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 110 of 135123 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 133134135
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:51 pm 

Hello from sunny Florida. I'm an old-school D&D guy who played his first game around 1978. There is so much good info on this site that I seem to have been pulled back in time by many years. I have a huge ton of D&D stuff, mags, modules etc. and it is so great to knock the dust off. Some of this stuff has not seen the light of day in 20 years. Shame on me for that.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:52 pm 

Welcome!

That sounds like the route my gaming obsession took as well.  Be careful.  There is no going back!  LOL

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:05 pm 

Welcome!
--Ron--

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:11 pm 

Hi everyone, ironically after playing Dungeons & Dragons for just over 30 years, I only stumbled across the Acaeum and its community of like minded collectors only just recently. I never new such a fantastic site existed. I've been playing since I turned 10 and was given a Red box as a birthday present and I've been hooked ever since.  :D I'm looking forward to joining in.

I work in the IT industry by day and moonlight in the evenings as an artist/developer for a US software company called SmiteWorks which produces and supports a virtual tabletop solution called FantasyGrounds. In case you may not have heard of it, FG allows you to play role playing games with your friends (including all editions of D&D) regardless of their respective locations. All you need is a PC/Mac and an internet connection. Its a neat piece of software that helps out when your group have dispersed to the various different planes of existence and you still need to get your D&D fix on :) As such, I am fortunate enough to have worked alongside some great RPG companies and individuals.

I've also recently begun critiquing/re-assembling my personal collection of all things D&D related. I have a broad collection of D&D material going back as far as 1975 covering all the various editions and version releases, proud to say that thanks to the Aceaum's guide I appear to have quite a few rare gems including quite a few true 1st prints. Still, the quest continues and I am hoping I can find some more elusive releases with some help from new friends here to help. I still have many gaps that need filling.  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:08 pm 

Zeus wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors: I'm looking forward to joining in.
.................... I still have many gaps that need filling.  :lol:

Welcome!  It sounds like you have lots to offer as well as lots to enjoy with this community.  Hang around long enough and you'll likely contract Collectoritus Insidious, which is where you find there is more stuff that you now want than before...   :wink:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:44 am 

benjoshua wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:
Zeus wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors: I'm looking forward to joining in.
.................... I still have many gaps that need filling.  :lol:

Welcome!  It sounds like you have lots to offer as well as lots to enjoy with this community.  Hang around long enough and you'll likely contract Collectoritus Insidious, which is where you find there is more stuff that you now want than before...   :wink:

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I can contribute as much as I receive help.

Your comments are so true. I began this quest with the ambition to collect every single AD&D 1st edition material ever released, after 1 week this immediately expanded to include OD&D and later 2nd edition through to 4th as I stumbled across a few items on Ebay that I couldn't resist purchasing. I now find myself also collecting non TSR/WotC material including Judges Guild! Will it end, who knows, probably when my wallet and bank accounts have been bled dry  :oops:

One things for certain, collecting D&D has elevated a perception of my hopeless addiction to D&D, my girlfriend couldn't understand why I had multiple copies of rulesets and modules. I've had to explain that my love of playing D&D along with my OCDness forces me to seek out mint/shrink-wrapped items for collection purposes whilst the beat up copies are used for playing with - she thinks I'm nuts. She's probably right.  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:17 am 

:D
Welcome Zeus.
We are all crazy here, but at least you're among your own kind. :)
Be well,
--Ron--

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:48 pm 

welcome Zeus, Spongemonkey and Craigs!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:34 am 

I also would like to welcome all the new faces that have recently discovered the acaeum.

That said...I am trying to make a comeback, myself. But, for some reason, everytime I try to locate this place I never get the right url or something. I just recently saw a PERLEMAN related listing, checked it out, and have since been using it and the "Home" feature to get to these pages.
Nothing I google has provided me with the old listings I used to have. Go figger.
Anyway, nice to see all the familiar crowd still hanging about.

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Last edited by Thork N Hammer on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:27 am 

Glad you mentioned that, Thork... looks like Google has blacklisted the main site.  The forum still pulls up (weakly), but the main site has been wiped.

Google is a pain.

Foul

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:12 pm 

Hi guys.

Long time listener, first time poster.  Nice place you have here.  My name is Ty and I like D&D minutiae, long-tailed primates and chatting socially online.

(Yes, it's me. I managed to lose both my password and the email the recovery is being sent to.  So ++deimos.)

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:26 pm 

Christ, another deimos impersonator.  Where's my ban stick....

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:27 am 

FoulFoot wrote in Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors:Glad you mentioned that, Thork... looks like Google has blacklisted the main site.  The forum still pulls up (weakly), but the main site has been wiped.

Google is a pain.

Foul

Evidently the blacklisting must have been lifted.
I have returned.  PDT_Armataz_01_03

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:38 pm 

I'm 46 and have been playing rpgs since 1981, with D&D B/X. I've been trying to gather up 2nd edition AD&D stuff lately, as I find that era to have been a magical one where creativity and breadth of products was concerned.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:37 pm 

Welcome vivsavage!  OD&D, D&D, 1st ED and 2nd ED are O.K. for lots of people around here, but go any higher and we transform into werewolves!  Just kidding.....kinda.   :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:01 am 

Welcome vivsavage!
Enjoy,
--Ron--

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:40 am 

Welcome to the board!  :)

Carpe DM!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:45 pm 

As well, new to the boards. Had no idea such a forum existed until recently. This is great and I thank those that help create and maintain such a cool playground :)

Started playing like many of you back when dinosaurs roamed the earth - back in 1979 I believe (when the last T-Rex was killed). Played RPGs (D&D mostly) off and on all my life. Sometimes taking several month or even during one long stretch about 3 years without playing any role playing games. I now play regularly, and even on occation with my children.

I had taken a break from conventions for a long time as well, but got wind of NTRPG and had to go...boy, that was a step back in time and really revived my love for all things pen and paper. All I have to say is, Boy, all you guys got really old ;).

--Thor

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 110 of 135123 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 133134135